Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
phelps-followers.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So me wanting to practice my religion makes me a bigot?
It does when you are so intent on denying another group of people the privileges you are afforded. You want to practice your religion on other people.

It's like there is a giant pizza, and everyone gets a slice. But there is one guy you don't like, and rather then let that guy have a slice, you'd rather NO ONE got any pizza. That's not taking a "moral stand." That's you being a fucking asshole.

There is nothing stopping you from enjoying the Christian sacrament of marriage. Supposedly, you are doing it right now. That doesn't have anything to do with state-sanctioned marriage. Are you against Jewish people getting married? Muslims? Are you against agnostics or atheists getting married? No? Just gay people? That makes you a bigot. It's hilarious you don't see that. Hilarious in a sad, depressing way.

And you say you'd gladly give up your privileges. I say talk is cheap. It's real easy to say so. Why don't you calculate how much you save, and give it to the government for no reason for a couple years running as a show of good faith?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
If people would just ignore this topic the excitement of it would go away and things would progress naturally.

However, I would be worried in California where a majority vote can be overridden by a few liberal judges.

It has been proven that gay adult couple have a breakup rate of about 70% after two years.
For instance, a study published in Demography found markedly higher breakup rates among same-sex couples–50% higher for gay couples and 167% higher for lesbian couples. And a UCLA study released last month on American couples comes up with similar findings for gay and lesbian couples here in the United States.

That being said, once they get through with the lawyers and the ex they'll be wishing they never got married in the first place.

Homosexuality for the most part is still a promiscuous lifestyle.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
It does when you are so intent on denying another group of people the privileges you are afforded. You want to practice your religion on other people.

It's more than that because marriage is an institution and one of the reasons for it is to provide stability. Since the gay lifestyle is predominantly promiscuous, it will not provide the stability to do things like raise a child, build a house, etc.

If 70% of the marriages fail after 2 years what is the point?

Secondly, your pizza analogy is off the mark and for that matter doesn't even make sense.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
It has been proven that gay adult couple have a breakup rate of about 70% after two years.

Nice stat distortion. You used "breakup rate", implying just breaking up..aka..not married.

Are you saying that most heterosexual people marry the first person they date ? I do not know a single person who married the first person they dated. and I'll bet you any vital organ that 90%+ of married people in America are not married to the first person they ever dated. Which would make the 70% breakup rate look better.

Oh, the male same-sex marriage divorce rate in Canada is 6% within the first year. What's the hetero-marriage divorce rate in America in the first year ? Over 30%.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Oh, the male same-sex marriage divorce rate in Canada is 6% within the first year. What's the hetero-marriage divorce rate in America in the first year ? Over 30%.

When are you guys going to get it through your thick heads?

American's DON'T want to be Canadians. If we did we would smoke pot all day, never confront foreign nations, and go to another country for our dire health care.

The majority of Americans don't want this gay marriage crap hence the reason the other 46 states don't want any part of it.

Jedi276

n00b
If there were no priviledges afforded by the government noone would be being denied. True, there is nothing stopping me from enjoying the Christian sacrement of marriage, just as if there were a legal status of "Christian" nothing would stop me from enjoying being a Christian. It is still however, is the government attempting to define what I am as a Christian, which I do not believe is the government's job. This pizza reference you have going is great and all, except here, once you stop giving tax benefits to married people, all of a sudden the atheists and homosexuals do not want to get married anymore! If the government thinks it needs to give everyone in a committed relationship (and I use the word committed here loosely considering how quickly many marriages fall apart), thats fine, call it a civil union for EVERYONE legally. It is funny because the easy solution is just to have civil unions for everyone (heterosexuals and homosexuals), but for some reason people refuse to persue this option on principal because they don't want to be left out of the "marriage" loop. Why would I care about Jewish people getting married? Guess what, the marriage definition comes out of the same book we both believe in, the good old Old Testament! It is easy to throw out that I am some homophobic, angry, evil person without seriously putting any thought into this matter. As to giving my money to the government as a show of good faith, why would I give that to them when all they are going to do is use it to help a failing company last a few days more and increase our national debt? Good faith is one thing, waste is another, I would rather give my money to organizations that are actually doing good work with the money they are given. Let me be clear, I do not hate nor can any reasonable person contend that God hates any gay person, hate the sin, not the sinner. I don't have time to sit here and apologize for all of the people that hate gays nor is that my responsibility.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Why don't we?

Why is the Government involved in the partnerships of consenting adults in the first place?

I think it has something to do with people who believe that a man that lives in the sky created everything and that said sky man doesn't approve of the homosexuality. Even though he created them. And there's tons of other sins too. And we're all sinners and supposed to ask for forgiveness and such. But I think that one is more important because people have the added curse of not being able to let other people live their own fucking lives.

But it's mainly the space-man thing. :loco:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The majority of Americans don't want this gay marriage crap hence the reason the other 46 states don't want any part of it.

Time is the friend to equality.

The US in particular has a uniquely strong bond with it.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member

Looking at the divorce rate amongst hetero-sexual couples, it appears straight America doesn't really want part of marriage either.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Where the hell else am I gonna go to legally wed genjiglove?

Shit.

phelps-followers.jpg

Also, I guarantee that those two kids are WAY gay. Look how tenderly they're holding hands.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What does that even mean if none of those people are married to begin with? Isn't the divorce rate for heterosexual married couples something crazy like just short of 50% to begin with? And that's before counting all the heterosexual relationships that end before 2 years without ever being married. How many girls have you dated where the relationship lasted less than two years? So what is this 70% statistic supposed to mean?

And there is no forced gay marriage. Anyone who is living some kind of promiscuous lifestyle probably doesn't want to get married. Kind of like the millions of straight people living promiscuous lifestyles, I'd imagine.

There was a time in the not too distant past when the majority of Americans didn't want to extend rights to other minority groups, either. That's not a part of our American heritage I choose to celebrate.

except here, once you stop giving tax benefits to married people, all of a sudden the atheists and homosexuals do not want to get married anymore!
Do you live on a compound? Who tells you these things?

Jedi276

n00b
Riddle me this SouthTownKid, if there are no monetary benefits and marriage is just a religious institution, then why does an atheist (who has no religion, unless you consider atheism a religion) or a homosexual (whose beliefs do not align with a religion, so most likely is not a part of a religion) want to be married?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Riddle me this SouthTownKid, if there are no monetary benefits and marriage is just a religious institution, then why does an atheist (who has no religion, unless you consider atheism a religion) or a homosexual (whose beliefs do not align with a religion, so most likely is not a part of a religion) want to be married?

You're an idiot and your questions don't even deserve a thought out answer.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Because they love each other? Because it signifies entering into a committed, monogamous relationship they plan to last the remainder of their lives? That's why I got married. Neither money nor religion entered into the decision in the slightest.

This may be a newsflash for you, but the institution of marriage predates recorded history. It wasn't invented by Christians, or even Jews.

I'm sorry this is such a riddle for you.

Jedi276

n00b
Because they love each other? Because it signifies entering into a committed, monogamous relationship they plan to last the remainder of their lives? That's why I got married. Neither money nor religion entered into the decision in the slightest.

This may be a newsflash for you, but the institution of marriage predates recorded history. It wasn't invented by Christians, or even Jews.

I'm sorry this is such a riddle for you.

Interesting, here YOU define marriage based on what, historical data? If so, I am fairly confident in saying that the history of marriage has been between a man and a woman. I am unsure of why you need to be "married" to be in a commited monogamous relationship for the remainder of your life... Plenty of people have done so without a "marriage." Out of curiousity, who married you (not your spouse, but the person performing the ceremony)?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Interesting, here YOU define marriage based on what, historical data?
No. I'm just pointing out that the institution predates the religious trappings you're so eager to hang on it.

I am unsure of why you need to be "married" to be in a commited monogamous relationship for the remainder of your life... Plenty of people have done so without a "marriage."
Thank you for sharing that doubtless scientifically accurate statistic you just pulled out of your ass. "Plenty" of people. Considering the rate of splitting up between people who actually ARE married, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are full of shit for suggesting that people who don't get married might somehow be as -- or more -- successful in staying together for life.