MASS crew Astro City and MVU4 interest check.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
For the those in the Mass Crew that missed out TGA and other opportunities of getting some candy action.

Beaglepuss, DZ and I were talking about doing a group order for MVU4 and Astro Cabs, we're not looking to order a ton of them, we're just looking to get a few for us locals and given that I have easy inmediate access to a loading dock, forklift and storage I can receive the shipment if need be, so anyone that's interested doesn't have to feel obligated to pick up anything inmediately.

I personally already have a MVU4 so I'm leaning towards getting one or two Astros, those who want to get in on this please post here and contact Beaglepuss since he's the spear on this very special MASS crew candy order. We just want to get an idea of how many people would be interested in order to get a firm shipping quote thus knowing how much money will it be required to get the cabs here.

Let's get it going then!

MrMark0673

n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don't forget BeaglePuss's misfit twin brother! Let's get some more candies on the East Coast!

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I actually attended the TGA auction and was unable to bid(well..I could bid, but according to auction rules/laws I had no legal way to get them back to NY, no sense defaulting on bids...), due to some miscommunication about shipping.

I'm personally interested in getting 10 astros(or comparible) because I'm opening a small arcade here in WNY. Let me know pricing, cause if you can get a better deal than me it might be worth it to go as part of an even larger buy and then just Uhaul them back here to NY.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
depending on the timing of this (and some other personal factors) I may be interested in an Astro.

Also, I don't know how realistic this request is, but before I would feel 100% comfortable jumping on board, I would like to see some shots of the actual cabs we'd be receiving from whoever the vendor is....since I dont have the knowledge, time, or cash to fix them up if they are in less than desirable condition.

I know it's too early to tell, but from previous orders that have taken place here....is it likely that we would be able to get pics of the actual cabs in advance to placing the order, or do you just kinda have to hope for the best?

Regardless, I'm not commiting to anything yet, but certainly am interested.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I actually attended the TGA auction and was unable to bid(well..I could bid, but according to auction rules/laws I had no legal way to get them back to NY, no sense defaulting on bids...), due to some miscommunication about shipping.

Were you using a tax deferred method?

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I might be able to order one depending on the price, LMK when you guys get some more info

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Here's the story morning glory

Alrighty, here's what I got:

Asking price for the MVU4 and Astros is going to be $400 apiece. Shipping, assuming we ship more than 10 cabs (which is the entire point of a group order), is estimated at just $120 per cab. He currently has 8 Neos in stock, and the Astros wont be arriving until July. When they do arrive he expects to have SIXTY IN STOCK!!!

Some stipulations: I'm not buying any cabs until I have cash in hand. Sorry, but I can't afford to drop $400 and have someone bail. I also would prefer to not take cash until those Astros are in stock and ready to ship. I'd feel weird holding onto somone's cash for that long while they wait. If you have an issue trusting me with your cash, simply don't participate in the order.

I would prefer this to be a smaller order, and keep it as local as humanly possible. Celestein, if you're looking for ten candies you're better off going it alone. You'd still get a price break, but you could have them delivered directly and not have to have a middle man.

This is an IC currently, so if you're interested please post which cab you're interested in and how many pieces.

Let's get this show on the road!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I might be down for an astro. sorting out space and whatnot could be a factor

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Let me know when you need the money man and I'm in like Flynn for an astro. :buttrock:

*Note to prospective buyers * Beags here is one of the nicest and most trustworthy people I have had the pleasure of meeting in all my time involved in this hobby. He has gone out of his way to notify about items I might have missed in the past, and we have had several good deals as well. I wouldn't worry about him running off with your money.

-DZ

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Let me know when you need the money man and I'm in like Flynn for an astro. :buttrock:

*Note to prospective buyers * Beags here is one of the nicest and most trustworthy people I have had the pleasure of meeting in all my time involved in this hobby. He has gone out of his way to notify about items I might have missed in the past, and we have had several good deals as well. I wouldn't worry about him running off with your money.

-DZ
Thanks for the kind words my good man.

The Astros are coming to Boston baby!

The second this dude has them in stock, I'll collect the cash and send it out ASAP. I want this to be quick and painless. Everyone should start saving now for a potential early July buy.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Rating - 98.5%
64   1   0
I'm guessing these are from Ken as well BP?

He said around the first week of next month when I talked to him, he hasn't had time to get the astros yet. I hope we can grab almost all of them off him.

Candies!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Thinking ahead...and back!

depending on the timing of this (and some other personal factors) I may be interested in an Astro.

Also, I don't know how realistic this request is, but before I would feel 100% comfortable jumping on board, I would like to see some shots of the actual cabs we'd be receiving from whoever the vendor is....since I dont have the knowledge, time, or cash to fix them up if they are in less than desirable condition.

I know it's too early to tell, but from previous orders that have taken place here....is it likely that we would be able to get pics of the actual cabs in advance to placing the order, or do you just kinda have to hope for the best?

Regardless, I'm not commiting to anything yet, but certainly am interested.
Count me in for one Astro.

I think it's best if folks just read the details as they come rather than make requisites of purchase, I simply say if you don't like the terms then simply don't buy and refrain from filling the thread with self imposed standards, no offense.

This is MASS crew we're talking here, Most of the folks that are part of the MASS crew I know personally and I've had deals of many sorts, in all honesty I can't attest for every single member 'cause I don't know everyone (including you) but alas I've heard lots of good things about many others, so in short there's no need to be concerned with the integrity of Beaglepuss or many of the members of this group.

Some of the MASS crew members are very close friends of mine and when the idea of forming some sort of retarded subgroup to the forums we all laughed hard but here we go man, we've been doing this shit for a while now. The main reason I wanted to form a group like this was for occassions such as this one, many times I spoke with some members here about doing this knowing that it would be something local among friends, which is the best way.

What has stopped me from doing this many times is the pretentuos drama that comes along with something like this, trust me there's always some sort of drama going on, and given that I keep avoiding it, 'cause I don't have the patience to deal with skepticism. Which makes me opt for offering help in taking care of the delivery and storing, and let me just say that group orders are not easily done, I'm only taking the easy part of the ordeal, the hard part is on Beaglepuss, he is not only a good man but an honest man as well.

Anyone that wants to be involved should know that we're all in the same boat and we're among decent people, so suggestions are welcomed but requisites are best kept to yourselves, read the terms and make a choice in order to make this a cool thing and speed things up for everyone.

Plus we're just talking about an interest check!;)

Edit: I haven't forgotten about BP's misfit twin brother another excellent person with an ever more excellent NES craze!

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'd be down for an Astro at that price... any idea what they'd come with (monitor, CP, etc) and condition?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
how far would that 120 shipping take it? If I can get it to a close enough point, I could just drive and pick it up

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Oh this is such a great deal (moved to Cali for a year and will be back in Boston in Sept.). If I had the money I would be so all over this as I would most likely have space in my new apartment or if all else fails space in my old room in Winchester.

Let me know if something like this happens again as there is a large chance I would be interested.

Good Luck:buttrock:

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Celestein, if you're looking for ten candies you're better off going it alone. You'd still get a price break, but you could have them delivered directly and not have to have a middle man.

Thanks for the response, thats the same exact price I got quoted from a guy I know(maybe same guy ;0 could you PM me contact info? I'm curious) so if there's no further shipping discount for an even larger order than that's ok. But if shipping was say...$40 cheaper per cab...it'd only cost me $225 to drive out there with my own truck, so a $200 discount would be worth the effort for a days drive.

Since that's not the case I won't bother. Thanks though!

Were you using a tax deferred method?

Yeah, I'm buying these for my tax deferred non-profit organization. When I got there I was told I couldn't load them into my own truck due to some rule/law and left, kinda sucked cause I called Super Auctions the day before about it and was told there wasn't any issues with it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Count me in for one Astro.

I think it's best if folks just read the details as they come rather than make requisites of purchase, I simply say if you don't like the terms then simply don't buy and refrain from filling the thread with self imposed standards, no offense.

This is MASS crew we're talking here, Most of the folks that are part of the MASS crew I know personally and I've had deals of many sorts, in all honesty I can't attest for every single member 'cause I don't know everyone (including you) but alas I've heard lots of good things about many others, so in short there's no need to be concerned with the integrity of Beaglepuss or many of the members of this group.

Electricgrave, not sure where you are getting this from, but I was in no way questioning the integrity of Beaglepus or anyone else involved in this deal....I thought my comments made it pretty clear that I was only asking if it is possible to see pics of the cab before we have to confirm we want in on the deal....and I don't think asking to see pics of something you are going to buy for several hundred dollars is a totally unreasonable request. I know it's early in the planning phase, but I was simply asking if it is at all even possible...I never really followed the other group buys too closely, so I thought some of you who might have been involved in those or followed them would know if getting pics in advance is a possibility. I thought my post explained that well, but if I offended anyone or indirectly insulted anyones integrity, sorry, it was not intentional.