MASS crew Astro City and MVU4 interest check.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Electricgrave, not sure where you are getting this from, but I was in no way questioning the integrity of Beaglepus or anyone else involved in this deal....I thought my comments made it pretty clear that I was only asking if it is possible to see pics of the cab before we have to confirm we want in on the deal....and I don't think asking to see pics of something you are going to buy for several hundred dollars is a totally unreasonable request. I know it's early in the planning phase, but I was simply asking if it is at all even possible...I never really followed the other group buys too closely, so I thought some of you who might have been involved in those or followed them would know if getting pics in advance is a possibility. I thought my post explained that well, but if I offended anyone or indirectly insulted anyones integrity, sorry, it was not intentional.

You're my boy Moe! Don't worry about a thing. Realistically, I'm sure I'll get pics of the lot of cabs that will be coming over well before they ship. From what I've seen of the Neo cabs, I expect the Astros to be in good nick. I wouldn't worry about condition as none of these will be junkers.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
You're my boy Moe! Don't worry about a thing. Realistically, I'm sure I'll get pics of the lot of cabs that will be coming over well before they ship. From what I've seen of the Neo cabs, I expect the Astros to be in good nick. I wouldn't worry about condition as none of these will be junkers.

ahh, that's just what I wanted to hear, thanks BP! And I think the timing should work out well for me too!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Electricgrave...

Nothing personal man, I think everyone will find that everything that's needed will be covered in due time, like I said, I think it's best to wait for the details as they come along before making any sort of requests.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I would like in for an Astro, but 3 things are holding me back. Money, Space, and getting it from graves to my place. How well do these break down(I would have to take it apart to get it in).

If I pass on buying Ibara, I should be able to have enough $$ for this come july.

That would only leave me one final issue. Transportation. So I am interested, but it seems unlikely at this point, so we'll see.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
What happened to your van OSG?! Astros are defanately smaller than EIIs in depth and width so you should have zero problems.

PS: Don't buy Ibara, let me buy it so when I get bored of it I can sell it to you!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
What happened to your van OSG?! Astros are defanately smaller than EIIs in depth and width so you should have zero problems.

PS: Don't buy Ibara, let me buy it so when I get bored of it I can sell it to you!

OSG: you should have that board in no time then... ::sarcasm::

:p

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
a big maybe for me depending on how much cash i make this summer, but if it happens let me know, im def. interested i just need to see how things pan out. i wasn't able to get in on bib's order due to a certain significant other, but shes gone now :D :D

OldSchoolGamer

Rating - 100%
38   0   0

The van died awhile back grave. We ended up selling it as a parts van for very little. We just have a couple cars now.

What I am worried about is the same thing I was worried about when the Egret II came, the 26' little space I need to get the cab through. The E2 fit through w/ some force, but the fact the CP came right off helped. I know the astro doesn't have a removable CP like the E2, thats why I'd need to take it apart.

Anyway, i'll have to think about this and get back to ya on it.

Also, odds are I am going to buy Ibara. It would go nicely with my other shmup PCB's.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
I'll confirm at 26" you won't be moving an Astro very far.

The thing does come apart relatively easy though. Just a ton of screws to take out. At that point you can fit it pretty much anywhere.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
since these sound like they're fresh out the arcade,be very careful not to strip the screws. The last time they were in pieces was probably in the factory.

I've taken my Astro apart 3 times. The last 2 times were easy, but the first was sooo tight.

OldSchoolGamer

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thank you for the warning Alec. If I get one of these, i'll be sure to be very careful with the screws.

What model Astro's are they supposed to be, Astro or New Astro? Any info on where they are coming from?

Last edited:

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely interested but not sure if I can come up with the cash, it all depends how much money I have after the next couple of weeks. When do you need to know the definites by?

Also for OG, you can rent a cargo van from Enterprise for 7o bucks. I just did this a week ago and was able to fit 2 Windy's standing up in the back with no problems. You get another person or two to go in with you and you won't have to take the cab a part.

OldSchoolGamer

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Also for OG, you can rent a cargo van from Enterprise for 7o bucks. I just did this a week ago and was able to fit 2 Windy's standing up in the back with no problems. You get another person or two to go in with you and you won't have to take the cab a part.

Haha, you misunderstand me. I don't have a truck to get it from graves place to mine...thats not what is causing me to need to take it apart. See, I live in a small place thats older and pretty much out of code. Anyway, to get it into the room I need to, there is a small 26" small hallway area. and the room's door is to the left right after the area you get it through. Its small. Anyway, I had to take my Egret II's CP off completely and coin chute to get it in. So as you can see, it will have to come apart regardless for me to get it in. You can ask MadTitan, Okane_San, sliceypete, or Decepticon_Zero about the area I am talking about. Its near impossible but possible to get things through. Getting 1 or 2 people to help with that would be great but its not expected.

Anyway, I still haven't decided yet on if I am going to get in on this or not. I would love a 2nd candy(especially a SEGA cab) but dont want to make any commitments just yet.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok, I thought it was the transporting. I also would love to get a SEGA cab, but it all depends on the next couple of weeks and if I need a new monitor for my Windy I just got.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Nothing personal man, I think everyone will find that everything that's needed will be covered in due time, like I said, I think it's best to wait for the details as they come along before making any sort of requests.

I gotcha dude, I gotcha...I was jumping the gun a bit :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
No worries man, I think this is gonna be a great group buy.

On another subject, I was thinking that perhaps we should have a gathering soon so we can all chat about this in person, then when the cabs arrive we can have another gathering and then everyone can leave with a cab (or two) after the gathering, I think that would be very cool.

BTW, count me in for 2 astros.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
If they have some Astro CPs available, I would be interested in snagging a couple.