TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Hey, you know what was goofy. Jun possessed by a wolf spirit as a final boss.

You know what else is goofy. The time span between Tekken and Tekken 6. Tekken took place in 1984. Tekken 6 takes place in 2008. Why the fuck does Paul Phoenix look the same.

Tekken_Tag_Tournament_Unknown_by_msj99073.jpg

Uhh Unknown does not look goofy. That was probably one of the coolest bosses in Fighting game history. history. And Paul does not look this same. Paul looks like he's been hanging out with Ozzy doing drugs in the span between Tekken 2 and now. His face is wrinkly rough and hairy.

Lonesage I can tell that you really don't play Tekken. You may like it and mess around with is but you aren't that big into it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the wolf's dick is up her ass and you know it

Tekken_Tag_Tournament_Unknown_by_msj99073.jpg

Uhh Unknown does not look goofy. That was probably one of the coolest bosses in Fighting game history.

Hey, it's that wolf from Killer Instinct standing behind a chick covered in his goo. Awesome. One of the coolest bosses in fighting game history.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
What's cooler than wolves and chicks covered in goo?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
lol Tekken

For once the "lol Tekken" ng.com meme holds true. Tekken is definitely pure LOL now.

But alas I still love this deteriorating series. I'm actually having a freaking Kumite against my Cousin right now inbetween posting here and my fuckin head is about to explode.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Tekkens always been stupid, always been tongue in cheek and thats why its always been better than Virtua Fighter.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
well not to interject here but i thought Spin's original complaint was about the silly looking lucha-whore grappler chick.

i personally think young Hei looks BADASS.

and sir Spin. I will be at Kumite in Tennessee in February, Final Round in ATL in March, and pretty much every MLG event as long as Tekken is on the roster. wanna play? i wont be hard to find. :D

O.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm jealous of anyone who has a good Tekken scene around them. I'd have to drive an hour just to find casual Tekken players. And its hard to maintain interest in a game when theres no competition.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
well not to interject here but i thought Spin's original complaint was about the silly looking lucha-whore grappler chick.

i personally think young Hei looks BADASS.

and sir Spin. I will be at Kumite in Tennessee in February, Final Round in ATL in March, and pretty much every MLG event as long as Tekken is on the roster. wanna play? i wont be hard to find. :D

O.

I don't do tournaments anymore. I get too nervous and when I don't get nervous I mentally burn out before I get to the finals. I have no stamina so I'm worthless in a tournament. for the moment online is probably the only way we'll meet.

as far as heihachi, I just can't get over that hair and that mustache. I'd rather have the Tekken - Tekken 2 Heihachi. I know I'm not the only one. A number of people in the thread at Zaibatsu have the exact same sentiment that I do but oh well. It is what it is now.

p.s. I'm at my cousins house and he has Xbox live. did you wanna have a few matches with me?

I'm jealous of anyone who has a good Tekken scene around them. I'd have to drive an hour just to find casual Tekken players. And its hard to maintain interest in a game when theres no competition.
I know this is kind of an obvious question but did you go on Zaibatsu? I know the street fighter and Tekken scenes kinda merge a bit, at least they do around here and in New Orleans and Cali as well.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Okay, I just caught up on this thread from the young Heihachi video to now, and this is one of the craziest threads in a while.

Anyone who thinks this guy:

heihachi.jpg

is in any way goofier-looking than this guy:

180px-Heihachi_(T2)3.jpg

needs to get their head checked. You are out of your gundang mind. It's the opposite, if anything.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver

agreed.

t2 heihachi = pretty normal-looking complete badass with a slightly ridiculous hairstyle, but pulls it off cause he's such a pimp.

ttt2 heihachi= complete badass with a ridiculous hairstyle, eyebrows, and beard. and they all match/have horns. it's just a little too much.

edit:
example: guile.
RIDICULOUS hair. yet no one says anything cause the rest of his design balances it out.
give him eyebrows and a beard that look the same as his hair...
goofy.

double secret edit: i would LOVE to see what that would look like though.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

The old version's hair looks goofier by any possible standard. Yeah, the young one looks like some ridiculous X-Men fan, but the old one... WTF is up with that? It's like bird wings coming out of his head or something. He looks completely stupid. Your inability to admit that to yourself totally wrecks the credibility of your opinion.

I mean honestly -- honest question here -- the first time you ever played Tekken as a kid or whatever, did you not get to the final level and think, "This guy looks ridiculous."

Seriously?!

And like we are going to start worrying about stupid-looking hair in Tekken at this late date? Are you so blinded by nostalgia and just having gotten so used to him over the last 15 years that you don't see how ridiculous Paul's hair has always looked?

454113.jpg

The whole idea of saying "this goofy hairstyle looks goofy" and "this equally or even more goofy hairstyle looks badass" just doesn't work.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I know this is kind of an obvious question but did you go on Zaibatsu? I know the street fighter and Tekken scenes kinda merge a bit, at least they do around here and in New Orleans and Cali as well.

Yeah, I don't post there but I lurk. There are some Indiana players but nothing I'd call a community.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
@SouthtownKid: In all honesty every damn video game character looks goofy. But there is Goofy-cool and goofy-wtf. TTT2 Heihachi is WTF. And if you want the honest truth, I was a Heihachi player when I first played the game. I thought he was cool as fuck.

I'm not making this shit up. Why would I just wanna nitpick for no reason.?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Ok obviously the shit quality CG makes it look utterly ridiculous but I find nothing wrong with his Tekken 2 picture. Would you like to have a web conference and see my straight face?

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
that reminds me, i've always thought that namco's cgi looks like the people are made out of plastic.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
If you want goofy, look no further than panda/kuma, mokujin and roger jr. They will probably return since they are also in tekken 6.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

You can take any design and switch it up a bit and make it ridiculous. Dan Hibiki is nothing but Robert Garcia with a pink karate gi. There is nothing funny about Robert but Dan looks silly because of a simple karate gi and a color.

There is a very thin line between an awesome looking character and a ridiculous looking character.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You can take any design and switch it up a bit and make it ridiculous. Dan Hibiki is nothing but Robert Garcia with a pink karate gi. There is nothing funny about Robert but Dan looks silly because of a simple karate gi and a color.

There is a very thin line between an awesome looking character and a ridiculous looking character.

We disagree about where that line is. Dude looks like a clown. Always has. This is nothing new.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
And the thing about Dan is that he doesn't really look much goofier than Robert. Stage is exactly right on this subject. The reason you don't think Robert is goofy but you think Dan is, is because of how Capcom handles the character much more than it is about his look.

Heihachi is a badass because Namco went way out of their way to show him as one, not because he looks less goofy than Bozo. He's a badass through attitude and personality. And you've allowed yourself to be swept up with that (and how the character plays). But his looks are pure clown.