Post Your Recent Purchases!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Nothing too fancy, but got a Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix.

IMG_0375.JPG

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Finally got my OSSC set up from my last post in this thread, loving it, genuinely can't feel any lag on my living room plasma. Can finally get rid of the bulky CRT I keep for retro gaming.

4d8d241e6ca167f5a2737cc98d99b285_zpsorzbfu0k.jpg

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Finally got my OSSC set up from my last post in this thread, loving it, genuinely can't feel any lag on my living room plasma. Can finally get rid of the bulky CRT I keep for retro gaming.

4d8d241e6ca167f5a2737cc98d99b285_zpsorzbfu0k.jpg

Whats the scanline strength set to there?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Swapped my trusty, reliable 8 year old Samsung TV out for a brand new 65" LG OLED TV. Not only does the new tube handle every scaling setting on the OSSC, but I found a wall mount that will let me flip it to portrait orientation so I can finally play my tate shmups the way they're meant to be played.

Photo Apr 09, 1 24 46 AM.jpg
Photo Apr 06, 12 22 29 AM.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
picked up a few games a couple of weeks ago.
P7q8pdcl.jpg

ZKu1ljhl.jpg

Had to make my own insert for the 20 in 1 master system cart. Apparently it came bundle with the master system 3 in brazil.
The game selection screen is kinda werid. its just game 1 through 20, there are no titles, you choose your game and from there you have one minute to get any many points as you can, depending on what game you play. If you meet the required score within the minute, you continue playing, if you dont meet the required score, you are taking back to the game menu. Very obscure game. im thinking to do a review on it since theres not much info at all about this game.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
A big thanks to Dr. Shroom for the quick shipping.

He wasn't serious about the items condition tho. The description was way under the expectations.
The games were actually in WAY BETTER CONDITION!!! Congrats!

Btw... it's not the yellow one ^__^' (that one was just hand delivered by me in Switzerland this weekend ;) )

phrsmvd.jpg

Fatal Fury Jap, Ghost Pilots, Football Frenzy Jap (no manual)

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
A big thanks to Dr. Shroom for the quick shipping.

He wasn't serious about the items condition tho. The description was way under the expectations.
The games were actually in WAY BETTER CONDITION!!! Congrats!

Btw... it's not the yellow one ^__^' (that one was just hand delivered by me in Switzerland this weekend ;) )

phrsmvd.jpg

Fatal Fury Jap, Ghost Pilots, Football Frenzy Jap (no manual)

Damn Atro, you got a sweet looking collection and setup man. Congrats on the scores bud.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
20170409_214158.jpg

20170409_214028.jpg

Thanks to neoDogg for the lb2. I've been packing the basement with project cabs, here's what I grabbed over the winter

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Damn Atro, you got a sweet looking collection and setup man. Congrats on the scores bud.

Thanks bro

Congrats, just hope it was sent in a tax-free manner.

Obviously, my round trip was worth it. It was much cheaper than what the swiss customs would be charging ehehe. On top of that, I got a lovely weekend at your neighbors. Fantastic unusual weather for Geneva/Lausanne.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
A few recent pickups,

2lzXGTN.jpg

tRuxH5L.jpg

Apparently these two Game Genies differ from each other.

Somewhere along the way newer SNES systems released wouldn't work with GG 1.0 (it would still boot and everything, but the codes simply had no effect) The GG 2.0, which enters the dashes as you type, was compatible.

BUD7rsy.jpg

Found an old Atari tape player/recorder at a garage sale. The drive belt had melted into goo. I changed it and cleaned the insides with compressed air.

At first I thought I needed one of those Atari 8-bit computers to work with it. But when connected to my old XEGS system, it seems to work fine.

It even plays audio music tapes if you type in "POKE 54018,52"

5z47oLU.jpg

qhSJNhD.jpg

Kyle Rayner

Banned
Hello All, I am brand new to the board and also brand new to NEO GEO collecting. I have a long history in collecting other systems so I am not completely clueless :) This is the first pick up I got at a local retro store. I am hoping to build my NG AES collection by in store leg work only but we will see how well that works.IMG_0610.JPG

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Hello All, I am brand new to the board and also brand new to NEO GEO collecting. I have a long history in collecting other systems so I am not completely clueless :) This is the first pick up I got at a local retro store. I am hoping to build my NG AES collection by in store leg work only but we will see how well that works.

Welcome - hope you have strong legs (and a strong wallet) :keke:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
No, that is not how this works. There is no tube.

Touché. You know you're talking to a child of the 80s if he refers to every television as a "tube" in slang.

So what's the proper slang for TVs these days? Does the whole family gather 'round the panel to watch Survivor?