Post Your Recent Purchases!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Summer is coming and I've been looking at these for a long time. I decided to finally splash out...

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Summer is coming and I've been looking at these for a long time. I decided to finally splash out...

What is the build quality of that Philips beer dispenser? Leffe beer is good but my favorite belgium beer is Brugse Zot but I dont see that anywhere :(

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
What is the build quality of that Philips beer dispenser? Leffe beer is good but my favorite belgium beer is Brugse Zot but I dont see that anywhere :(

It's pretty good. There is honestly not a lot to it, it's basically a fridge with a handle. The pressure all comes from the kegs and the pipes come with each keg. This is what attracted me to this model, over the ones where you need gas bottles and need to clean out all the pipes between uses. There is little maintenance with this one, you just put a keg in and wait for it to chill :)

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
It's pretty good. There is honestly not a lot to it, it's basically a fridge with a handle. The pressure all comes from the kegs and the pipes come with each keg. This is what attracted me to this model, over the ones where you need gas bottles and need to clean out all the pipes between uses. There is little maintenance with this one, you just put a keg in and wait for it to chill :)

That is awesome. How long does it keep carbonation?

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Really like those little taps Matt, but the beer selection wasn't great when I looked at them and the mini kegs weren't great value for money, is it any better now?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
That is awesome. How long does it keep carbonation?

It keeps it fresh and at 3 degrees for 30 days. The little screen on the front is temperature at the top, amount left in the keg on the bar, and days remaining at the bottom.

I can't imagine any are going to last me more than a week though :lolz:

Really like those little taps Matt, but the beer selection wasn't great when I looked at them and the mini kegs weren't great value for money, is it any better now?

Not the biggest selection, but there are some good ones, especially if you import from Europe.

It's not exactly cost effective, but it's a luxury. The kegs work out about £30 for 6 litres (just over 10 pints), but beer-hawk give you loyalty points and will collect the empties for £5 credit on your next purchase, so it works out about £23-£24 per a keg if you factor that in. It tastes damn good though, so I can live with the cost.

Now that's what I call a score, fuck video games cheers man. :D

Exactly! Less than the price of a mid range AES game :D

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
If there was only some way you could've known that games from Italy were bootlegs.

I'll be honest I buy so infrequently and I've never seen another copy of Treasure Hunt in 10+ years of collecting for the ST-V that I took a gamble on it. The seller ghave me a partial refund (that I requested) and teh boots seem to work fine (and pass the ROM checks) so all is meh in the world I guess.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Awesome matt. 30 days was waaaaay longer then needed for me as well! I was hoping for at most 2 weeks!

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Exactly. Keeping the cost low. I am a sucker for cheap chinese stuff as long as they do the job. So far the whole cab cost me a little over $150, built from scratch. The point is to play the games.
Are there any Sanwa or Seimitsu joysticks that can be fitted under a 18mm wood panel with enough length?

Sanwa + shaft extenders + bat top

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Shaft-Extender-For-Sanwa-Joysticks.html

I've got JLW-TM-8's in my MAME cab, which is a converted Captain America and the Avengers. About as big as wood panels get (width, length and thickness). They work great!

You can also remove the extender and put a ball top on, and get more of a Pac-Man/Donkey Kong/other classics feel. I found the bat top + extender is a nice happy medium which is good for 90's and up games like fighters, and for classic games.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'll be honest I buy so infrequently and I've never seen another copy of Treasure Hunt in 10+ years of collecting for the ST-V that I took a gamble on it. The seller ghave me a partial refund (that I requested) and teh boots seem to work fine (and pass the ROM checks) so all is meh in the world I guess.

You could've filed a claim w/EBay and gotten a full refund if he insisted on you shipping back, but at least it worked out. Pro-tip: If you find something rare/hard to find from an Italian seller it's most likely a boot.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
@ember Sometimes you're better off talking about your project ideas before buying anything. People can give you some pretty helpful suggestions and you can avoid possible headaches.

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
You could've filed a claim w/EBay and gotten a full refund if he insisted on you shipping back, but at least it worked out. Pro-tip: If you find something rare/hard to find from an Italian seller it's most likely a boot.

I'll be honest the hassle of sending it back, dealing with trying to get a refund for the shipping back and then waiting a month for it to get there in order to get the full refund wasn't worth it. I didn't own a copy of Die Hard Arcade and having a 2nd STV board means I don't have to swap out my Tawainese bios with my multibios to play certain games...and the bootlegs are still playable. Not the end of the world and lesson learned.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I can verify those mini kegs taste great. I used to get the NewCastle, Heineken, and Bitburger ones.
The bottling process is what makes a lot of those beers have the skunk smell. It's not the beer itself. I can see why Heineken is much more popular outside of the US as it does taste much better out of a tap.

30 days is about right, but you want to make sure to clean them very well between kegs. The spouts can get some microbial growth if you are not careful.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Got this in the mail yesterday. This is the best one Mondo has done yet. Gotta love that artwork castlvania 3 record.jpgcastlevania 3 record 2.jpgcastlevania 3 record 3.jpgcastlevania 3 record 4.jpgcastlevania 3 record 5.jpg

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Is that a Castlevania LP?!?! I need that. I dont even collect records but I need that.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Is that a Castlevania LP?!?! I need that. I dont even collect records but I need that.

Mondotees does them. They might have them in stock at amazon too. They're pretty good quality for the price, and they are going to do Super Castlevania IV soon.