TONK TOOK 5000 USD TO SELL THE FAKE AEROFIGHTERS 3 US ( REPORT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
My story has never changed. I did not make these games. When AF3 was compared to !Arcade!'s conversions, they were not made by the same person. Next, when you compare two confirmed !Arcade! conversions side by side like PI2 and Strikers 1945 you can tell right away it's by the same people. So !Arcade! is not involved here.

Yet when you compare AF3 to PS2 they are way off and don't share any common issues. The tide is shifting to make it look like I made both of these games which isn't possible.

It's also been said that the paper matches PI2 and at the same time is too new. The problem here is that PI2 is almost 10 years old so it has had time to yellow. So which is it? Does it match or doesn't it? I have both and they are not even close.

In order for everything to be fake it would require a level of understanding, resources and cash up front well beyond the return. All in the hopes that the games would sell?

Did you make parts of the games? Why does AF3 have a barcode if its a mock-up?
Were these stolen?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
My story has never changed. I did not make these games. When AF3 was compared to !Arcade!'s conversions, they were not made by the same person. Next, when you compare two confirmed !Arcade! conversions side by side like PI2 and Strikers 1945 you can tell right away it's by the same people. So !Arcade! is not involved here.

Yet when you compare AF3 to PS2 they are way off and don't share any common issues. The tide is shifting to make it look like I made both of these games which isn't possible.

It's also been said that the paper matches PI2 and at the same time is too new. The problem here is that PI2 is almost 10 years old so it has had time to yellow. So which is it? Does it match or doesn't it? I have both and they are not even close.

In order for everything to be fake it would require a level of understanding, resources and cash up front well beyond the return. All in the hopes that the games would sell?

I know what I saw - PS2 looks like any game from that era. I really don't have any doubts about it. But that's my opinion.

But can you explain the claims that are being made about the stamp tool on the insert?

I know your story never changed, but you're gonna have a lot more pissed off people if you did lie about all of this.

I put a lot of trust into you, man - so did others.

I think it's time to step your game up regarding proving these are real.

You're making us look like fucking assholes.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Without sounding dumb! Just out of interest are there any snk / snk playmore employees who are members of the forum?

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
I was pretty sure that this was a full on scam before, but I learned a bit more as time went on. It's a lot more gray than black and white.

But the opposite has happened: There's absolutely nothing gray left.

Here's just one example posted by TonK one year ago, when he was acting as the voice of DavidG because the latter wouldn't reveal himself:

What's getting to me is the fact that you are saying its unfair to show images of, until today, a non-existent game's manual because NGF demands proof.

Fuck them.

Nobody else does, they trust me and Geddon_jt.

Adol says its the same as the copy he saw.

This game has been researched by lots of people.

It's real.

And that's not out of context, here's the meat of the original post:

I first saw pictures of this title in late Janurary. I didn't believe it. I knew for sure that this guy had just made the game himself and even asked him about it. He said that wasn't the case and that he had purchased it directly from SNK back in 1995.♥

I said that I wanted to inspect the game with my own eyes, I also asked him how many he had. He said he had found 2 copies and that he thought he may have 1 more. We worked out a deal that would allow me to acquire both of them. I cannot state what the terms were in how I came into ownership of these 2 copies. But he sent me one. When I first looked at it, I thought it was fake. Only because there was no way I could be this lucky in owning the rarest and most expensive game that ever graced the Neo-Geo library. Upon further inspection, I knew that it was real, but needed an expert to see it and make a report on it.♥

That is where John Thacker comes in to play. I shipped him a copy of the game after sending him pictures. He said that it looked real, but until he saw it personally, there was no way to tell for sure. Once he received the game, he immediately called me and said it was 100% real. He couldn't believe it himself, but it was definitely a real title. He did extensive research and scrutinized the game after he gave his initial response. Expect his report very soon.♥

So with confirmation that it was real, I reached out to a collector and told him this exact story. He didn't believe me, but was willing to listen. Once John and I were in agreement that this game was real, I worked out a deal with this person. I actually got back from the Pittsburgh airport not too long ago. That is where we met and made the deal. It sold for more than Kizuna or Ultimate 11. So this is without a doubt, the rarest Neo-Geo home cart to exist.♥

I'm very grateful and excited to bring this long lost title out of its hiding place to share with the Neo-Geo community and the rest of the gaming world.♥

I hope you guys are just as shocked and excited as I am.

There are also a few other surprises that I'm working on with this individual, they will be announced once we're both ready.

In closing, I do have another copy available for sale. This will be sold to a serious party who is interested in owning a piece of history. Terms will be arranged once the offer is accepted. You must understand that acquiring this game will not be cheap. All non-serious offers will be ignored. I'd prefer to keep it in the United States.♥

Thanks for reading and trusting me to bring you this historic find.

- Michael DiCioccio

FwRUSnR.jpg

There's nothing there with "buyer beware" or "this might not be real" or any of these attempts to re-frame or restate was was said.

Chamane, Brandi, and whoever else relied on this stuff. Now in the back of their minds, there could've been some fears over their authenticity, but the hype that was going on was nothing like how those attacking the victims of this fraud are framing it now.

EDIT: added DavidG's own description of getting AF3:

Aero Fighters 3:
At the time Sonic Wings 3 was being made for production, I had already ended my time with SNK. I did keep in contact with many of my friends and colleagues. I also requested to be called when any new games come out for purchase. I got the call saying Aero Fighters 3 was available and I bought several copies (as I did with many of the games I bought). I didn’t think anything of the title at the time because if I got the call, the game had to be selling in retail locations. I never questioned it or did I double check to make sure, it wasn’t anything different from any other release. I got the call in late December 1995 and took delivery in January 1996. I remember playing one of the games for a short time before putting it back in the box. It was kept at my house for a while before moving it to storage. When ng.com came around with its master list is when I first noticed the title wasn’t there. I have been told it was once on the list but I don’t recall ever seeing it there and I will be honest, I never really looked closely. During a move I did come across AF3 again and this time I did do some research on how much the game would be worth and I came to the conclusion it was $800US. At the time this was a very high cost of a home cart but I wasn’t in need of the money and I didn’t want to part with anything in my Collection... so I let it be.

Again, nothing buyer beware about any of this.

SSS

neo retired
If you supposedly had KOF 2K's, why did you want a copy of NGF's game and "time to get them ready"

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Without sounding dumb! Just out of interest are there any snk / snk playmore employees who are members of the forum?

The late Nightmare Tony was one. Not sure if there was/is anyone else.

DavidG

I'm not sure what it is you're looking for me to say. I did fake them, or I didn't fake them. There isn't anyway to be in the middle on this. I've said from day one that I didn't make them.

I didn't know anything more than you did about the insert until it was pointed out in the past few days. Did SNK ever cut corners when making inserts and manuals? All the time. But no one is interested in that. I don't have every game ever made but just picking up the manual for the Japanese far east of eden (KK), page 14. The entire manual looks poor but at least it's consistant, then page 14 takes a dive. Why? Because it's a scan and a poor one at that.

No one was there when AF3 was made. Yet everyone can speak for sure if it's real or not.

I know what I saw - PS2 looks like any game from that era. I really don't have any doubts about it. But that's my opinion.

But can you explain the claims that are being made about the stamp tool on the insert?

I know your story never changed, but you're gonna have a lot more pissed off people if you did lie about all of this.

I put a lot of trust into you, man - so did others.

I think it's time to step your game up regarding proving these are real.

You're making us look like fucking assholes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
But the opposite has happened: There's absolutely nothing gray left.

Here's just one example posted by TonK one year ago, when he was acting as the voice of DavidG because the latter wouldn't reveal himself:

And that's not out of context, here's the meat of the original post:

There's nothing there with "buyer beware" or "this might not be real" or any of these attempts to re-frame or restate was was said.

Chamane, Brandi, and whoever else relied on this stuff. Now in the back of their minds, there could've been some fears over their authenticity, but the hype that was going on was nothing like how those attacking the victims of this fraud are framing it now.

Tonk is saying that he was not sure of the carts authenticity from the start. I think he's been consistent with that. And when I spoke to him last year about this, he also repeatedly stated that he sold the games with the caveat that he wasn't sure they were real. He sold them as-is. I am not sure how many people you got to speak with about this, or if your opinion is based solely on the information brought publicly here and privately in the mod forum, but after all the discussions I have had with Simone, Tonk, Geddon and Billy, this is the opinion I have formed: the game is not real, and TonK is not a scammer, and neither are Geddon and Billy, no matter what chamane has said so far.

I would still prefer to see 8man's evidence over all of this. You know what I am talking about (in general).

SSS

neo retired
Your cars fixed now right? Why not get your ass to the storage unit and bust open a case of KOF 2k's for all to see?

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Nothing is stated about pre production or test releases in that DavidG post, did that surfaced once the lesser quality of the artwork was investigated ?

Also the copy paste job on the fire explosion is right in your face, even in that early picture -facepalm.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Nothing is stated about pre production or test releases in that DavidG post, did that surfaced once the lesser quality of the artwork was investigated ?

Also the copy paste job on the fire explosion is right in your face, even in that early picture -facepalm.jpg

DavidG only mentioned this after the low quality was pointed out in this thread.

SSS

neo retired
January has come and gone, David

Big kudos go to chamane for taking the initiative to come forward and share what he has. He could have blown his chances for a refund from TonK & !Arcade! 2.0 by doing this, but perhaps more buyers will join in and together we can put an end to the scams and perhaps even see some refunds.

More info...

I agreed not release this info, but for obvious reasons, and for the greater good, I don’t feel any obligation/loyalty to DavidG to keep this piece of info confidential any longer. This is something that DavidG had shared with me during our 5 hour phone conversation last week..

The release that !Arcade! 2.0 AKA DavidG had planned for January, 2013 is English King of Fighters 2000 AES. He said he would have 24 copies and that he would like to price them at around $4k each through the NeoStore. According to DavidG, US KoF 2000 AES was his first choice, but TonK chose and pushed forward with US Aero Fighters 3 against DavidG’s wishes by posting up pictures of it on our forums. I’m surprised that he let TonK talk him out of releasing this one 1st since most people would believe that NGF altered/freaked what SNK had originally designed, but perhaps TonK wanted to avoid the drama that would have been guaranteed on this title.

DavidG also said that he would like to meet with Dion, shake his hand, and then blow up a copy of NGF’s US KoF 2000 AES while recording this on video. DavidG said he does twisted off the wall things like that sometimes.

I'm sure you'll just ignore this as well

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shawn...
"I agreed not release this info, but for obvious reasons, and for the greater good, I don’t feel any obligation/loyalty to DavidG to keep this piece of info confidential any longer."

This is the most disturbing and upsetting part of your entire quote, this entire thread, and this entire website imho.

SSS

neo retired
"I agreed not release this info, but for obvious reasons, and for the greater good, I don’t feel any obligation/loyalty to DavidG to keep this piece of info confidential any longer."

This is the most disturbing and upsetting part of your entire quote and this entire thread imho.

Post it notes

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I actually think the community should be grateful to Fred (Chamane) for providing exactly what everybody was asking for in the last months: pics, evidence, comparisons and proof about this cart legitimacy

The results are clear: Aero Fighters 3 AES is not up to the quality standard of every other SNK releases so it's clearly not an SNK official and legit product

There's no need for further pics or statements (even though Mark could chime in since his name has been brought to light many times here), this cart is definitely a mock-up

Of course everyone is entitled to have his own opinions and if there's someone that still believe this is real and want to take a gamble, my copy is ready to be sold at 20 grand, the exact sum i've paid for it...

Last edited:

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Always best to never give your word in these cases, but if you do it is a bit low.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

This is the most disturbing and upsetting part of your entire quote, this entire thread, and this entire website imho.

How is that disturbing and upsetting?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Cause he's still sipping the !arcade! 2.0 kool aid

Sipping it? The dude is helping make the koolaid, pouring it into a pitcher, and making a smile on the side of it with his fingers.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
That's my rub on this. Had it been Fran who this happened to, I would have probably gone ballistic. He's a real gamer who happens to have a good collection.

Not a good collection that happens to have a fake game.
If it had been Fran this scam would never had took place since he's a original release only guy

also don't pretend to know what happen miles away from you and what's the weather like just based on post count
but i must agree with you, Gemant and Fran are probably the best NeoGeo fans around here

also thanks to clarify you think chamane deserved the scam because he is a stupid cheese poser collector with big money to spend
this doesn't make the Tonk guy fully innocent, but that's just me
i see it's not common sense here

this post has been verified by google translate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.