TONK TOOK 5000 USD TO SELL THE FAKE AEROFIGHTERS 3 US ( REPORT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
also thanks to clarify you think chamane deserved the scam because he is a stupid cheese poser collector with big money to spend
this doesn't make the Tonk guy fully innocent, but that's just me
i see it's not common sense here

I don't think anyone deserves to be scammed, but in some instances, I would get more heated than others.

SSS

neo retired
Sipping it? The dude is helping make the koolaid, pouring it into a pitcher, and making a smile on the side of it with his fingers.

Hahaha.

Shawn going back on his word after smelling BS is worse than members of the community getting bilked for tens of thousands of dollars. It was so disturbing that Billy's hero decided to go ahead and peddle his goods through the Neostore anyway.

Billy, maybe if you offered up that PSII conversion you have collecting dust on your shelf instead of stationery covered Sammy products, the owner of Last Odyssey would step forward.

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I was actually referring to the text in the description which mentions counterfeit aes carts, not that that item was itself counterfeit

The seller is a forum poster, who happened to post in this very thread some pages back.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
In order for everything to be fake it would require a level of understanding, resources and cash up front well beyond the return. All in the hopes that the games would sell?
Assuming that these AF3's simply contain the boards of legit SW3's, then all you would need is 6x complete SW3's and access to AF3 MVS (artwork) & AF3 CD to create what is required, utilising industry standard design software (Ps, Ai etc), a decent scanner and access to digital print. Now, the work involved vs the payoff ($100k) is worth much more than the amount of time and money injected to bring this 'project' forward. And, to be honest, you didn't have to do this all by yourself. All you ever needed was someone else who know what they were doing. For example, someone like me.

I've been working in print and design for over a decade - day in, day out. I work for a big international company who happen to have all that necessary equipment onsite - Macs, Software, Scanners, and big iGen4 printers used for daily print runs - ideal for a short print run all for the cost of stock and a 'click'. It's who you know and all that, and I hate to say it, but if I were so inclined, I would be in an ideal environment to undertake such a task for a fee (nothing spectacular, just a designers fee).

In the right situation, it would be VERY worthwhile you, or anyone undertaking such a project to bring about $100, I'm afraid to say.

I didn't know anything more than you did about the insert until it was pointed out in the past few days. Did SNK ever cut corners when making inserts and manuals? All the time. But no one is interested in that. I don't have every game ever made but just picking up the manual for the Japanese far east of eden (KK), page 14. The entire manual looks poor but at least it's consistant, then page 14 takes a dive. Why? Because it's a scan and a poor one at that.
Hmmm. I didn't mention this until now, but I had a look back at the first page of scans this afternoon just for perusals sake and I did notice something in the scans that falls somewhat inline with what you're trying to imply:

69hn_aaaa.jpg

Now, more obviously, in the 4th image along, you'll notice a terrible amount of "moiree" present in the girls skirt. However, if you pay close attention to her shirt/blouse in the previous 3 SNK printed scans, you'll notice the same pattern is present in those too - a pattern which is only ever present as a result of scanned print. Basically, I'm suggesting that SNK used a scan of some description for this manual and then it was re-scanned for the AF3 US manual resulting in the additional moiree present in the skirt. I believe it would be present in the blouse too, however, the contrast & brightness of the scan here unintentionally eliminates the original moiree...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
To clarify:

Fred, I am glad you got back your money. I would have preferred that it worked out differently, where you got paid solely from DavidG, and not via money derived from neostore sales of his products. I don't think that Tonk scammed you, but he was the one who sold you a game that was not real, on behalf of the seller. More than that, I don't think Geddon or Billy scammed you AT ALL. And I think that in your anger, you were unreasonable with them. Geddon and Billy did not get the game for free, and they never wanted to disclose what they paid. No one wanted to disclose what they paid at all. Somehow, only your price was the one that went public for a long time. Now we know many.

You did a lot of work taking pics, and posted the evidence - something no one else has done except Geddon, who thought the game was real. Keep in mind, Geddon also stated many times that he is not an expert. One thing your report could have used, although I guess it's not important considering the spirit of the forums right now, would be better pictures of the US AF3. I felt that the pictures taken were not as good as the ones for the comparison carts. Big deal.

My issue with you was not that you bought an expensive game. I have paid a lot for games too. I like seeing people pay even more because it justifies my own buying habits.
My issue with you was not that you got scammed. No one here should get scammed.
My issue with you was not that Geddon and Billy were getting attacked.

I think your report was great, except for the personal attacks. I am happy you came forward with actual proof on exhibit, instead of waiting in the shade like everyone else.

I think Tonk is really embarrassed about this entire thing. You gave him an offer to donate the money to charity. Maybe he will do that. Who knows. I don't think Tonk knew as much as you did about the insert problem until yesterday, when you posted it. Up until that happened, he was about 95% certain that the game was real. Now he knows otherwise. What he does now with this new information should determine his character.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads Lads...

This truly has turned into a fookfest.... It's taken a year and a half...

I keep seeing claim and counter claim... about the actions of the buyers...

SURE! They've got more money than sense... and probably didn't do the due diligence needed... They just saw the BIG prize and it blinded them... n00b mistake...

However, I'm not in agreeance with the fact that they deserved to get scammed... because... that's what it seems to be the case atm... one massive, well co-ordinated scam.... So, get off Chamane, Brandi's and the others backs...

DavidG produced the carts... used Tonk as a middle man (and then cum ragged his rep)... a few other members got burned in it's sale as they put they're reps on the line saying it was the Golden Goose...

Whether Tonk KNOWINGLY committed the scam... with DavidG is speculation and we'll prob never know...

I would suggest we find a way to move on from this... The site will carry on as before.. but I doubt we'll ever forget what happened here...

xROTx

PS. Chat is down... The worse thing is... I'm sorta glad.... I've been a bit lax about a few things...
PPS. War room soon eh:D

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Only sad thing about this affair is how deep this entire thing goes. If it was davidg alone, or him and tonk together, though with the money tonk got for the entire affair, it's not looking good.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
TonK is banned besides no info indicating he truly was in on the scam?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Well, I think both should be banned, but it's literally going to be impossible to get any proof either way out of either of the two.

I agree. Tonk returns...attempts to answer some questions....then goes back into typical Tonk asshole mode. I think his attitude and the way he handled himself in this thread and others, coupled with a lack off poof is justification for the ban. I'm actually surprised it took mods this long to ban him.

Fuck him....we're better off without that scamming sack of shit.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
I agree. Tonk returns...attempts to answer some questions....then goes back into typical Tonk asshole mode. I think his attitude and the way he handled himself in this thread and others, coupled with a lack off poof is justification for the ban. I'm actually surprised it took mods this long to ban him.

Fuck him....we're better off without that scamming sack of shit.

Agreed, but most of his answers were side-stepping anyway.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I dunno, with DavidG leaving him high and dry like that (see Tonks last couple posts), I think if he was able to post, we might have finally got some answers from him. I don't think he feels the need to protect DavidG anymore. Seems like DavidG definitely doesn't see any need to protect Tonk.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
I dunno, with DavidG leaving him high and dry like that (see Tonks last couple posts), I think if he was able to post, we might have finally got some answers from him. I don't think he feels the need to protect DavidG anymore. Seems like DavidG definitely doesn't see any need to protect Tonk.

I highly doubt it. TonK could have opened up at any time if he were truly innocent, but wanted to protect DavidG and perhaps himself for reasons unknown. That's the pinnacle for shady.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I highly doubt it. TonK could have opened up at any time if he were truly innocent, but wanted to protect DavidG and perhaps himself for reasons unknown. That's the pinnacle for shady.

Agreed. His behavior has been shady, side stepping and all, but I think his allegiance to DavidG finally broke. I think it was his allegiance to DavidG that caused him to withhold information, or on the other hand, maybe he was involved in this scam at the deepest level. Guess we'll never know, unless one of them decides to spill the beans about the true level of the others involvement.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
DavidG won't care if he is banned...not as long as he can still keep selling his shit in the neostore...

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
If it were me, and I was truly innocent, I'd have laid everything out day one. Fuck DavidG.

DavidG

Tonk has done nothing but tell you the truth. Everyone is at the point now where he must tell you exactly what you want to hear, nothing else will do.

You're looking at me to do the same. I've told you the truth and it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I think Tonk shouldn't be banned. He has done nothing wrong.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Tonk has done nothing but tell you the truth. Everyone is at the point now where he must tell you exactly what you want to hear, nothing else will do.

You're looking at me to do the same. I've told you the truth and it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I think Tonk shouldn't be banned. He has done nothing wrong.

Then why the side stepping, protecting you, why won't either of you doccument or lay out doccuments from what happened from day 1. Are you mutually protecting each other for some sort of mutual interest? (of course)

But what the fuck am I doing here still? I miss the chat. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.