R.I.P General Lee

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I should make a stage show where I simply show up in black slacks, a white t-shirt and I take the stage, cry, and say the words "I'm sorry" over and over again for 45 min straight. Once I'm through with the apologies, I'll allow a shaming session where the audience is allowed to insult and blame me for everything wrong in their lives.

I'll title it "white privilege".

I'll make millions.

you know.... I heard TV Land recently had a time slot open up.. :D

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
So I'm to assume you're in favor of this action? If you are, it's your choice to feel that way...but may I suggest you actually know of what you're talking of before you speak out in favor of banning it?

The Dukes of Hazzard has quite to cult following and is in no way a racist show. It joins the ranks of shows like C.H.I.P.S, the A-Team or Knight Rider. Yes, people (like me), still enjoy these classics.

Gotta love assumed stereotypes. 1980's + the south + the Confederate Flag? Yup, gotta be racist. Wipe it off the face of the planet.

A prior DUI convicted drunk driver kills an innocent while once again being intoxicated on a public street. What does the public do? They find out what kind of car he was driving, sue the maker. Then find out what kind of booze he was drinking, sue them too. Then they publicly shame the auto maker and the alcohol manufacturer blaming it all on them and their products. Make no attempts to reform drunk driving laws. The auto maker will stop making that car and the alcohol maker will pull the drunk's drink of choice off the shelves because of public outcry against it.

Then go ban any television shows or movie showing forms of drunk driving. Then go a step further banning any media showing drinking in any form.

Meanwhile...another person will get killed elsewhere as a victim of yet another DUI crime...
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...11&msg=Countdown+until+Obama+is+OUT+OF+OFFICE

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
What's the official "statement" on why they removed the series? That's totally absurd.

It's like those fucking Facebook rainbow profile pics. If you don't have one you don't support the LGBT people. BS ....

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I think maybe it would be okay if they put the show back on but just digitally removed the flag from the car. Maybe they could replace it with something like a big rainbow flag. I think that would open the show up to a whole new demographic.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think maybe it would be okay if they put the show back on but just digitally removed the flag from the car. Maybe they could replace it with something like a big rainbow flag. I think that would open the show up to a whole new demographic.

100%

How about just the words "It's all out fault" right on the roof?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Not my fault.

Don't put your white guilt on me.

I'm covered with it...it gets on everything. Shit is kind of sticky/greasy...hard to clean up and stains my undershirts something fierce.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It's racist against whites if anything. A show about some guys from Georgia; of course they must worship the Confederacy. Some execs/writers in a board room somewhere decided that folks would identify more with the characters if their car were some outrageous homage to their Confederate hero. I'm sure that the show itself is not overtly racist at all. It's just some sitcom. That being said, if you do a Google image search on the show, the car was pretty fucking important it would seem. It's plastered all over every image. Do I agree that they should pull the show? I don't really care, honestly. I don't watch television much. But I don't understand why it's totally cool with everyone for southern white dudes to be stereotyped as being in love with the Confederacy. I suppose it's not actually a stereotype, is that why? Is it just the truth? Never lived down south.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Funny how a show like Dukes of Hazzard gets pulled over the Confederate flag yet many stations still carry The Cosby Show :oh_no:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Funny how a show like Dukes of Hazzard gets pulled over the Confederate flag yet many stations still carry The Cosby Show :oh_no:

Because you're CLEARLY a racist if you take off a show that has black people in it.

Why did you have to take off the show with black people? Are they not good enough to be on TV with white people?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Because you're CLEARLY a racist if you take off a show that has black people in it.

Why did you have to take off the show with black people? Are they not good enough to be on TV with white people?

Despite the fact that Cosby may be a serial rapist? There's a JELLO pudding pop you suck on while washing it down with a New Coke :tickled:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WTF?! That is beyond absurd.When did erasing parts of America's History become "the in thing"?
I'm going to go out now and straighten some curves and flatten some hills!
BB

Ever heard of the War of Northern Aggression?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It's racist against whites if anything. A show about some guys from Georgia; of course they must worship the Confederacy. Some execs/writers in a board room somewhere decided that folks would identify more with the characters if their car were some outrageous homage to their Confederate hero..
You forget that you can't be racist towards white people.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
By this logic, shouldn't pretty much everybody in America besides rich, white, male landowners be offended by the American flag?

I mean, slavery was legal in parts of the north AFTER the Emancipation Proclamation. Not to mention segregation, the WWI wartime xenophobia, the WWII Japanese American internment camps, denying women the right to vote, etc.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ever heard of the War of Northern Aggression?

Oh yeah...I'll say this, with the time I've spent in Georgia and Arkansas...there's places down there that have a mentality like it is just before the Civil War or something.

You forget that you can't be racist towards white people.

Almost right. Add "male" to that and you hit it on the head. If you speak out against women of any color, you're a sexist.

By this logic, shouldn't pretty much everybody in America besides rich, white, male landowners be offended by the American flag?

I mean, slavery was legal in parts of the north AFTER the Emancipation Proclamation. Not to mention segregation, the WWI wartime xenophobia, the WWII Japanese American internment camps, denying women the right to vote, etc.

All countries have a history of oppression and America is definitely no exception to that rule. This country has plenty to be ashamed of...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There was a recent interview floating around of Jerry Seinfeld explaining why so many comics avoid college campuses now. You can't say anything without someone thinking it's offensive or racist. This whole generation is super sensitive, and they call anything offensive.

It's OK to be offensive. I don't have to control my behavior because you can't do it on your own.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
There was a recent interview floating around of Jerry Seinfeld explaining why so many comics avoid college campuses now. You can't say anything without someone thinking it's offensive or racist. This whole generation is super sensitive, and they call anything offensive.

It's OK to be offensive. I don't have to control my behavior because you can't do it on your own.

Freedom of speech is supposed to be "say what you want...just understand there may be consequences"...being confronted by someone when you say something offensive is actually a good thing in my opinion.

But...there are places that I consider to be "safety zones"...art/performance art is one of them. A song where a guy threatens someone, or uses racial/sexist slurs. A movie where people cuss like sailors, tits are shown and there's a ton of gore. A stand up comedian doing an act. What written in a book. These are just a few example of art where you get what you get...it is a closed event and if you don't like it, don't buy it. Crying foul at a stand up comedy act is just absurd...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So let me get this straight, a gunman kills some black people while waving a confederate flag, now the entire USA wants to ban said flag because it now stands for racism...

double_facepalm.png

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So let me get this straight, a gunman kills some black people while waving a confederate flag, now the entire USA wants to ban said flag because it now stands for racism...

double_facepalm.png

People have wanted to remove the Confederate Battle flag from state buildings for some time.

Sucks it takes an apartheid (Rhodesia, South African Republic, Confederate States of America) flag waving fanatic to convince the rest of the country as to why.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
People need to chill the fuck out. Them Duke boys will be back on the air within a month. Maybe not on TV Land but 100 other cable access channels that run old TV. Right now people are overreacting to a tragedy. Cooler heads will prevail and the General Lee will continue flying off of ramps for the foreseeable future.

Same shit happens every time there's a major event. It's like freedom fries and all of the hysterical bullshit that happened after 9/11 that got walked back a couple months later.

All that said, the battle flag needs to be pulled down from government buildings. A flag representing insurrection against the United States gets flown alongside the American flag... shit's just stupid.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
was searching for daisy duke's bum image to say whats going to be banned next...found proof show was not racist
mqdefault.jpg

or is it still racist even if they approve of the booty?