Wonder woman

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So apparently Wonder Woman doesnt suck according to Rotten Tomatoes, and currently has a 97% with and just might save the DCU.

Anybody else keen to this see? Thoughts? discuss..

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My girlfriend from work said she'd go with me, so we'll see.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm gonna see it.

Then again I didn't hate Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition, or Suicide Squad Extended Cut. Not saying they're great films because they're not, but enjoyed watching them for the most part. Should have kept the Margot Robbie titty scene in Suicide Squad.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm gonna see it.

Then again I didn't hate Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition, or Suicide Squad Extended Cut. Not saying they're great films because they're not, but enjoyed watching them for the most part. Should have kept the Margot Robbie titty scene in Suicide Squad.

I was surprised Batman Vs. Superman was pretty awesome. People talked shit about it, but it kept my interest.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'm gonna see it.

Titty scene?

For the love of god please tell me it's on the BluRay or online or whatever.... asking for a friend.

I feel pretty much the same as you do about the current DCEU, but I actually really loved Man of Steel. Other than that, it's been a series of missteps. BvS was better as the extended edition, but in truth the last thing it needed was another half hour or 45 minutes.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm gonna see it.

I really enjoyed Man of Steel and Batman v superman Director's Cut but Suicide Squad was a mess with a terrible plot and even more terrible villain. I found suicide squad to be boring as fuck, watched it once and have zero desire to do again.

The fight in Man of Steel with Superman fighting faora and namek in the small town was one of the best fights in a comic book movie ive seen. I feel like Man of Steel is a better movie than people act like it is.

I did have hope the Wonder Woman would be good with a solid director like Patti Jenkins and the WW1 setting. Throwing a superhero into the Trenches is bound to be entertaining and im sure its the highlight of the movie. I was expecting Wonder Woman to be a solid B but looks like its really exceeding expectations.

Probably going to check it out this weekend but there's absolutely no 2D showings in my city so i might wait until there is. I cant believe this 3D shit isnt dead yet

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Titty scene?

Come on, dude. You know this is never going to happen in a Wonder Woman movie released to theaters in present day.

As for me, I've heard the film has great buzz and not an ounce of cynicism despite taking place during World War I.

I have my tix and am really looking forward to a good DC movie.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Im looking forward to seeing it. Origin stories usually work better as movies. Superhero movies work best when there is only one main hero and maybe a sidekick with a kickass villain.

The villain makes the hero. IMO, the last superhero movie that had a decent villain was winter soldier.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
No real interest but I'm sure I'll see it eventually. Gal Gadot is a bonafide dime piece but I've always found Wonder Woman kind of boring and one-dimensional (not unlike Superman) and her rogues gallery is fucking awful.

For the record, I thought Man of Steel was decent until the final fight (better than Superman Returns, III and IV). BvS is trash though and Suicide Squad is a fucking mess with a pretty good 90 minute movie likely buried under the rubble of executive meddling and excessive licensed music.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm kind of wondering if it is actually good, or if it got good reviews because 'feminism'. I know that's a very pessimistic view, but how else do you explain Ghostbusters having 73% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Will definitely watch this weekend.

Animated WW movie is pretty good for any fans of animated DC movies.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll say that the DC movies pretty much mean "Dog Crap"...but I will honestly say that the WW trailer really surprised me, it actually looks like it might be good.

Either way, I'll wait for rental...

*EDIT*
Oh...and concerning the high RT score...that place is a shit-fest SJW shitting ground anymore. The fact that the main character is a woman...AND anything but white will guarantee at least a 75% on that site. For example...the first review sayz:

"Witnessing such feminine power is mind-boggling and awe-inspiring, but wistful, too. It's a shame that such instances are so rare to be exceptional."

I rest my case...

Last edited:

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Taking my daughter to see this .Finally something she wants to see that isn't animated

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
When I was a kid, one of our local TV stations used to run the reruns of the original Television show. So I kind of grew up watching the Wonder Woman story. I was too young to fully appreciate the character's physical attractiveness at the time, but I liked the way she moved through history, and thought her background story on the island as seen through flashbacks was interesting - all points the movie touches on.

So.. a movie finally coming out is intriguing, even from a nostalgia standpoint. Yet I'm so super heroed out by now, that I may just wait until it's out on video.

Glad DC finally caught a break at the movies though. Competition is healthy, and Marvel being too dominant might make for too little variety in an already saturated field. I'm also glad it's reportedly not another gritty reboot kind of affair. Nothing wrong with a simply fun super movie, if it's well done.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'll say that the DC movies pretty much mean "Dog Crap"...but I will honestly say that the WW trailer really surprised me, it actually looks like it might be good.

*EDIT*
Oh...and concerning the high RT score...that place is a shit-fest SJW shitting ground anymore. The fact that the main character is a woman...AND anything but white will guarantee at least a 75% on that site. For example...the first review sayz:

"Witnessing such feminine power is mind-boggling and awe-inspiring, but wistful, too. It's a shame that such instances are so rare to be exceptional."

I rest my case...
Rotten Tomatoes definitely has to be taken with a grain of salt. How To Train Your Dragon 2 has a 92% rating and my kids and I really didn't care for it and I'm someone who usually finds the good in bad movies.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

*EDIT*

I rest my case...

Isn't RT just a throw together of external scores though? I didn't think they actually did any reviewing of their own.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
As someone who grew up watching the television series, the sword is a non-starter for me. Why is she running around with that thing? I don't think she had it in the comics either.

famicommander

15 Year Member
As someone who grew up watching the television series, the sword is a non-starter for me. Why is she running around with that thing? I don't think she had it in the comics either.

She's a warrior monarch of a clan of people that dates back to ancient Greece. Of course she's going to have a sword. They've made a much bigger deal about it since the New 52 but she's had a sword forged by Hephaestus that can cut a single electron off an atom for decades, as far as I can recall.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
She's a warrior monarch of a clan of people that dates back to ancient Greece. Of course she's going to have a sword. They've made a much bigger deal about it since the New 52 but she's had a sword forged by Hephaestus that can cut a single electron off an atom for decades, as far as I can recall.

That is one of those stupid things that they should cut out of the movie.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That is one of those stupid things that they should cut out of the movie.

She's an Amazon.

Here's a depiction of an Amazon warrior from 500 BC:
800px-Amazone_Staatliche_Antikensammlungen_8953.jpg

It's not stupid, it's something that flows naturally from the backstory that has long been associated with the character.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think most people age 37-52 (our range here) think of wonder woman either as thr justice league cartoon version or as linda carter. Both just used a magic lasso, fly an invisible jet, and had the bullet proof bangles.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
why do people give so much credit to rotten tomatoes?