Streets of Rage 4 Reveal Trailer

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Say what?? :lolz: That new character is unapologetically just Jax from MK lol The “Gotcha!” is the icing on the cake, but why go that far rather than just include Max or Zan to begin with? lol

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ì look at this and think shit, I will play it but it looks goofy as fuck. Then I remember that the series has always looked goofy as fuck. Across the board with these western developers who want to do eastern type games I say Lame. Except for the makers of Fight n'Rage maybe, they get a pass.

All that pretentious and barren millennial sheen. Souless

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I am puzzled by this new character.

No Zan, No Max...

Just kind of smash the 2 together and make a new guy.....

The multiplayer looks good though.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Just saw that trailer. Pretty cool that theyre bringing old elements back like the old music and the different versions of each character.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I like that too. Not getting my Hopes up but day one purchase for me.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That retro trailer just bumped this game up to day 1 for me too. This brings it closer to the variety that the Streets of Rage Remake fan game had so I’m hyped.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That retro trailer just bumped this game up to day 1 for me too. This brings it closer to the variety that the Streets of Rage Remake fan game had so I’m hyped.

Yea that might have been the inspiration for adding this retro portion to the game. Hey why not? I really liked the fan remake. This is a very nice surprise.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
But no Roo or Ash... I'm a little disappointed.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
The older sprites look out of place with the current art style and resolution. This is just fan service for those who would call out the game for not having certain characters and for the game not feeling 'retro' enough. Also as much as I like the old soundtracks they seem kinda crammed in there.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Ime ok with them putting the old sprites in as a skin option, Hell most games do that these days and its nice to have some customisation.
Just hope they put some in with the old look but updated gfx to.

As for the music I am not so keen, Thats something that should always be original IMO.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I think this looks like it could be fun. Definitely wil buy...TBH kind of want that LR physical copy, it's only $10 more I think. But who knows when that'll come out though and I don't really feel like waiting for months to play this.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm pleased with what this shaped up to be. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with that initial trailer. It felt like they were doomed to completely miss the mark on this with that bullshit rock soundtrack, which was doubly disappointing since they nailed their Wonder Boy 3 project. At that time, it felt like they didn't really have any insight into what made fans like Streets of Rage in the first place. It certainly seems that they've figured it out though. Stoked to check this out.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
So far it's decent, better than I expected. I think the bar has been set so high by SoRR that this just can't compare. Mechanics seem to be solid.

*Obligatory negative points

Bourbon looks like post-HIV Freddy Mercury wearing Jethro Bodine's pants.

Having no run mechanic is a shame, as are near useless breakable weapons.

Having a dedicated button to pick up items is stupid as hell.

The much hyped soundtrack is unobtrusive elevator music; it's not bad but it's completely unmemorable. The new compositions in SoRR blow it out of the water.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I think this looks like it could be fun. Definitely wil buy...TBH kind of want that LR physical copy, it's only $10 more I think. But who knows when that'll come out though and I don't really feel like waiting for months to play this.

I'll bite, a physical cartridge for $34.99 is doable.

For $25 more, $59.99, it comes with Genesis clamshell case, a steel book case and a regular Switch or PS4 case. Why would you need three cases?

What a fucken joke!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It's on Game Pass (PC & Xbox) if you guys want to try it out.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
It's on Game Pass (PC & Xbox) if you guys want to try it out.

Just played a little, like it a lot. Too bad I only have an arcadestick for my ps4. Need to get one asap for my one x.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Played until the final stage and got my ass handed to me by the end of game boss.

Love the level designs And the music is good.
I like how the levels are different lengths, the earlier ones are quite long compared to the later ones.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've yet to hear anything bad about this game. It's good, but the art style still doesn't do it for me. It doesn't feel like Streets of Rage.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Played until the final stage and got my ass handed to me by the end of game boss.

Love the level designs And the music is good.
I like how the levels are different lengths, the earlier ones are quite long compared to the later ones.

I'm getting old, didn't make it past the streets first time playing with a joypad. I love the game anyway so it's alright