The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I am struggling with understanding what is going on.

Were people always this stupid?

Or is it that people were always this stupid but now grifters, charlatans, and evil-doers have a near perfect technique and platform to manipulate these stupid people?
They were in the closet. Trump opened the door.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am struggling with understanding what is going on.

Were people always this stupid?

Or is it that people were always this stupid but now grifters, charlatans, and evil-doers have a near perfect technique and platform to manipulate these stupid people?

Have you already forgotten the great mud flood? Where the white American dream was sullied by mud people?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Have you already forgotten the great mud flood? Where the white American dream was sullied by mud people?

You’re right, it’s not them. Honestly it’s probably me struggling with accepting people are this stupid now that they are out in the open and that their stupidity is irrefutable.

But…How can a motherfucker be this dumb? Really?

Like, I want to give others the benefit of the doubt. But…I can’t.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Is the goo for horses or is the goo made of horses?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I’m just very curious about the adults who are dying of Covid these days. Do we have data on if any of the people who are dying were vaccinated? Or are we looking at like 99% of adults who are dying are vaccinated?
People who are vaccinated aren't dying. If you pay attention to the news, it was mentioned basically every day for a while until about a week ago.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is incorrect. There have been fully vaccinated people, killed by the Delta variant.
Of course there are people who have, but that's not the point. It's statistically insignificant compared to the unvaccinated A generalization can be made to curb the spread of misinformation.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is incorrect. There have been fully vaccinated people, killed by the Delta variant.

Yes, but we are looking at an issue of how much does the vaccine protect for people who are already immunocompromised. I’m not an immunologist, so I won’t bullshit.

But I know people whose doctors equivocated on advocating the vaccine because of preexisting conditions, and other doctors who straight up said “sure, we don’t know how you will react to the vaccine, but without the vaccine you will more likely get killed by the virus”

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray.
The good news is that you can visit your parents without the risk of your kids surprising their grandparents with a deadly invisible stingray. Obviously I don’t know you or your kids, so I could be wrong. Maybe they’re evil geniuses.

lithy

20 Year Member
The good news is that you can visit your parents without the risk of your kids surprising their grandparents with a deadly invisible stingray. Obviously I don’t know you or your kids, so I could be wrong. Maybe they’re evil geniuses.

I wouldn't underestimate them.

lithy

20 Year Member

And the point of my post was that in any case wataru is unintentionally(?) supporting a common anti-vaccine argument by giving significance to statistically rare occurrences. 'Why bother with the vaccine, seems it doesn't work anyway' is how some might read his post. Just like we should have been encouraging people to live normal lives after getting a vaccine instead of this continuation of masking and other nonsense.

That Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray does not mean you should avoid the ocean. That vaccinated people have died from covid should not be a concern unless you just want this to last forever.

But of course, some people do.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
the most important statistic isn't deaths, it is hospitalizations and medical staff/supply usage.

lithy

20 Year Member
the most important statistic isn't deaths, it is hospitalizations and medical staff/supply usage.

I agree, do you think those numbers are a significant problem for vaccinated people?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you are
those numbers are a significant problem for vaccinated people?

YEs.....

If the medical system is stressed out and you need care, good luck.

I just had emergency surgery on Wednesday.

lithy

20 Year Member
If you are

YEs.....

If the medical system is stressed out and you need care, good luck.

I just had emergency surgery on Wednesday.

Hm, that wasn't really the question you set up. Are vaccinated people being hospitalized for covid at significant rates?

For whatever it is worth , Pittsburgh has quite literally never been under significant strain with ICU or ER capacity since March 2020 because of covid.

Hope your emergency surgery wasn't too serious and you're doing alright.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I answered it as asked and as I intended.

THe most important thing is the strain on the medical system.

Even if you are vaccinated, you should fear the system being overstrained should you need care.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pittsburgh has quite literally never been under significant strain with ICU or ER capacity since March 2020 because of covid.

Just be glad that you don't live in florida.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And the point of my post was that in any case wataru is unintentionally(?) supporting a common anti-vaccine argument by giving significance to statistically rare occurrences. 'Why bother with the vaccine, seems it doesn't work anyway' is how some might read his post. Just like we should have been encouraging people to live normal lives after getting a vaccine instead of this continuation of masking and other nonsense.

That Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray does not mean you should avoid the ocean. That vaccinated people have died from covid should not be a concern unless you just want this to last forever.

But of course, some people do.

It’s obvious that you want everyone to stop acknowledging that covid is a threat, before it isn’t. But if you sincerely want this to end quickly, help vaccine resisters to get the vaccine, and convince anti-maskers to keep wearing a mask. All the vaccine FUD and whataboutism is only making more people confused about what to do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I answered it as asked and as I intended.
This reminds me of the time Lithy let someone know that he can’t take the blame of the thread doesn’t have legs.

Sometimes you have to answer the question as it is, not how Lithy wants the answer to be.