Recent content by Fayk

1. Fayk

Metal Slug 4 (Compatibility?) issue

So I recently acquired Metal Slug 4 (insert argument about the game's quality) but the real problem is... I can't get it to work. In my MVS-U4-25, the 4-slot board doesn't see that slot as being occupied at all. I also tried it in a CMVS I got a while back - an MV-1C. No luck there - I just...
  2. Fayk

WTB: <null>

Changed my mind, Ignore please!
  3. Fayk

Need help figuring out an issue on a SF2:WW

So a friend and fellow forum member picked up a World Warrior (not bootleg) board a while back that 'mostly' seems to run fine with a curious issue: some of the sprites do this strobing/flashing thing rapidly, a bit like how games various capcom games would try to do transparency effects from...
  4. Fayk

WTB: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure CPS3 (HftF) Security Cart (CD version)

Hey All, If anyone has a (working) Jojo's (2nd game - Heritage for the Future) CPS3 security cart for sale, PM me. CD version of the cart, not the NCD version.
  5. Fayk

Question about resetting/Unibios Exceptions on an MV1-FZ

So I've got an MVS board (MV1-FZ) that I've brought to a friends' house and hooked up to his cab. After playing for a bit, Unibios (3.1) will catch a random exception, necessitating a reboot. I believe without unibios these would be either a reset or a freeze. My question is... is this kind of...
  6. Fayk

Need Advice/Knowledge - Replacing locks on MVS-U4-25?

So I've got an MVS-U4-25 (READ: Candy cab) where I have a key for *most* of it (Mini Marquee area, back, and control panel) but two things: I'm a little nervous about losing the key, but the locks seem to differ juuuust enough I've had a hard time getting the key repro'd at a locksmith that...
  7. Fayk

WTB: MVS carts (Update: Oct 17)

Looking for the following -- This list will grow, so please check back later if you don't have any of the following. MVS Carts: Pulstar KOF 98 Sengoku 3 Metal Slug 4 (yeah, I know...) Metal Slug 5 Matrimelee Misc other carts. If you happen to have a big batch, feel free to throw pictures/a...
  8. Fayk

MVS 1-slot and dodgy physical connection with Jamma Harness

So long story short I brought a one slot I have (that I haven't used a lot but have verified worked for about 15 minutes on a supergun) to a friends' house and plugged it into his JAMMA cab. ...and basically got it resetting/blinking a bunch of stuff. A bit of testing and fiddling, and my...
  9. Fayk

Using Neo Geo (and JAMMA stuff in general) w/ old Amiga/Commodore monitors?

So I think my old Commodore 1950 might actually still work - this isn't just NTSC like an 1080 but I think is 15KHz, etc capable. What is required to use something like this with arcade hardware? Any active hardware, or just a passive cable/correct wiring? I think the (captive) cable it has...
  10. Fayk

Need clarification on mvs mobo compatibility with superguns, etc

Pretty new to arcade hardware ownership, so hopefully I won't mangle questions or terminology too much. So, I'm aware that - for example - MVS cabinets aren't 100% JAMMA compatible and trying to use a JAMMA pcb in an MVS cabinet...or an MVS mobo in a JAMMA cabinet is problematic because of the...
  11. Fayk

MVS-U4-25 Candy - Control panel question, help needed!

So I just got my first candy - an MVS-U4-25. The sticks in it currently are some LS32 ripoffs (Zippy) sticks. The control panel doesn't have any kind of mounting bracket inside, so I guess it mounts with screws from the top directly. I know/believe that this cab originally shipped with LS32...