Retro AVS
Tetrastar
Panic Restaurant
Kung Fu

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Genesis:
Streets of Rage 2, Gaiares, Lightening Force, Dragon's Fury (Devil's Crush), Super Hangon, Outrun

SNES:
Demon's Crest, Power Instinct

GBA:
Pinball of the Dead

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Genesis:
Streets of Rage 2, Gaiares, Lightening Force, Dragon's Fury (Devil's Crush), Super Hangon, Outrun

SNES:
Demon's Crest, Power Instinct

GBA:
Pinball of the Dead
Great selection this week

Reactions: @M

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Been pretty busy so I only did the intro part of Nioh 2 where you choose the character's weapons and spirit animal.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Been out of town a bit so not much time

PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - this is a co-op playthrough with the wife, we're in chapter 7 and enjoying the games nonsense so far as well as the main narrative.

Dark Souls - about to fight Ornstein and Smoug, let's see how we do.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been out of town a bit so not much time

PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - this is a co-op playthrough with the wife, we're in chapter 7 and enjoying the games nonsense so far as well as the main narrative.

Dark Souls - about to fight Ornstein and Smoug, let's see how we do.
Does the wife like it then?

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Does the wife like it then?
She's into it, especially since she doesn't like GTA style games much. Too much going on with little immediate reward. The combat system here feels much better, and there's a ton of stuff to do and benefit from all over the place

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Finished a couple of games last week (A Memoir Blue and Kena), randomly started Dark Alliance which isn't as bad as what everyone says. Maybe it was patched, but it is a decent D&D hack and slash.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Dark Souls - The Bed of Chaos can eat a dick.
Yakuza Kiwami - on chapter 10, fantastic game and now a fan of the series. I don't think I'll marathon all of them, but I am looking forward to either Kiwami 2 or Yakuza 0.

Edit: beat DS today. Officially a souls fan. The bosses were a ton of fun, the level design can blow but the world layout was phenomenal.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Last of Us 2- Getting close to the end. Been really pleased with this overall so far. I can see why people bitched about the story but for the most part I think it's fine. I like the idea of showing the consequences of the first game and that no-one in this world is actually good. I'm fine with the lesbo stuff although I don't care for the girlfriend. The muscle lady is a weird but she's fun to play as. The sex scene was a bit shocking.

The game is huge, brutal, gorgeous and the gameplay is a nice evolution to the first.

@M

20 Year Member
Mobile:
Plants vs Zombies. Believe it or not, while I'd certainly been aware of it, today was the first time I ever tried it! It is indeed awesome and very addictive (my youngest sister is crazy about it too). Prior to this, Ninja Town on NDS was the only tower defense game that I've ever owned and played.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
4/10/22

Switch
Tetris 99

Namcot Collection 2
PAC Land
Super Xevious

PS1 on PS3
Sonic Wings Special

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: messed around with Nioh 2's first mission, got killed a few times by the faux-Taurus demon before I realized I can just go around it. Trying to play it like Dark Souls doesn't seem to work :D

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Beat LOU2. I almost threw my controller at the TV when I thought it ended with the girls on the farm happily ever after with the stupid creepy looking baby. But I thought they ended it pretty well after the stuff in Santa Barbara. It did get a bit repetitive though.

Minor nitpicks aside it was an excellent game overall.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Zing Zing Zip - horribly average shmup, incredibly annoying voices worse than Blazing Star's BONUS. 1992 arcade game.
Spoiler:

Turtle Ship - thought this was some European shmup. Turns out it's a late 80s Korean game. Had an official release despite being a hack of Side Arms. Great title screen at least.
Spoiler:

The Simpsons - arcade game. I'm going to write a letter to Fox suggesting they make an episode based on the game. I still love this dumb game, makes me feel like a kid.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Wonderlands

I finished the main quest (tons of side missions left) and recommend it. Most of it works but parts are confusing. Once you figure things out it's more Borderlands fun.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Beat Uncharted 4 in 3 days this week. Excellent game but a bit much though. Literally every area is a huge set piece or full on assault of the senses, pretty overwhelming at times. But man oh man some the locations are absolutely amazing.

Started Tomb Raider (2013) definitely a product of it's time. Fucking QTEs out the ass. I played through this when it was initially released and really liked it, the PS4 version seems to have some issues though. Constantly shakey camera in cutscenes, a bunch of added gimmicks using motion controls and the controller speaker/mic. Still quite enjoyable.

@M

20 Year Member
Beat Plants vs. Zombies. The last boss is really nasty and took me several attempts (you're given random units on a conveyor belt, so, some luck is involved). I'm working on the second, harder adventure now. Saving up and buying crap in the shop, the zen garden, and mini games/variations (the one where the zombies have plant heads and shoot back was particularly challenging to adapt to at first, but, walnut delaying tactics saved the day) will keep me busy. Outstanding game, I give it 10/10 lawnmowers!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - briefly played some of this, made it to the chapter 12. I anticipate beating this one during the weekend.

Switch
I had family over so we coordinated a few games of Mario Party Superstars and Mario Kart to try the new tracks (they're great).

Vita
Ys Memories of Celceta - the first think i said to myself when loading it up was that the game was just plain ugly. Textures were blurry, it just looked like the Vita couldn't render everything the game had. Action is very good and I fell back in the Ys rhythm again. Currently finished the Comodo section and off to explore more.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Nioh 2, played it yesterday evening for a few hours and I'm getting into it. This is a really good game, the rpg elements and combat are deeper than in the Soulsborne series, the Ki recovery mechanism is irritating but I've managed to get on without using it. The combat is really tense and feels like a mixture of DS and Bushido Blade. GFX are ok but the 60fps mode makes the PS4 hum quite loud. Read a few reviews online and I don't get the crying about the difficulty, it's not that hard. So far 4/5