Weekly Roundup

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Playing Nier Replicant for the second time now to get the B ending.
Got the C and D endings as well, the D one doesn't make any sense considering how the future came to be in Automata.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Act-Fancer - Data East arcade game from 1989. I always thought it was a shooter but it's a platforming shooter. Part of the Darwin series. Cool idea, big Irem vibes, but unfortunately very rough.

Charlie Ninja - bizarre Mitchell arcade game from the mid-90s. Would have never guessed this was a Japanese-developed game. Another sidescrolling platformer with zero aesthetic.

Osman - a really wonderful experiment but honestly? It's just too messy. Too many colors going on. Still a cool game but Strider is better. Glad it was made though.

GI Joe - Konami's arcade game. Great explosions. Can definitely see kids loving this in the arcade with two players.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
50 Cent: Blood in the Sand - just started the first few levels, and it feels like a generic third person shooter with Fitty in it. Not a terrible one, mind you, just one that’s only ludicrous because Fitty’s staring in it, and it has a soundtrack of his hits.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Act-Fancer - Data East arcade game from 1989. I always thought it was a shooter but it's a platforming shooter. Part of the Darwin series. Cool idea, big Irem vibes, but unfortunately very rough.

Charlie Ninja - bizarre Mitchell arcade game from the mid-90s. Would have never guessed this was a Japanese-developed game. Another sidescrolling platformer with zero aesthetic.

Osman - a really wonderful experiment but honestly? It's just too messy. Too many colors going on. Still a cool game but Strider is better. Glad it was made though.

GI Joe - Konami's arcade game. Great explosions. Can definitely see kids loving this in the arcade with two players.
GI Joe is a very fun arcade game, I guess not deep enough for anything else, but definitely worth playing a run through once and a while.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Reliving old NES memories on that AliExpress NESboy. I forgot how cool Gun Nac was. I don't remember the name, but there's a Pipe Dream/Tetris mashup I'd never heard of or played before that was interesting. SNK P.O.W., Whomp 'Em, TMNT 3, Little Nemo, Super Mario, Tailspin, Spiderman 2: Return of the Sinister Six, Streetfighter 2010, Werewolf, Yoshi's Cookie (I like the GB version better), etc. I forgot how to play the Japanese boardgame Go, but, I'm sure it's simple.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Caught the Vampire Survivors bug. For those not aware, it's an Early Access $5 game that's a pixel-art run-based rogue-lite with a STRONG Castlevania vibe. Run around an area with automated attacks and power-up until you're an unstoppable killing force. Goal is to last 30 minutes. All of the weapons, enemies and characters are "just artistically distinct enough to not get sued" Castlevania sprites (holy water, axe, bible, whip, cross, etc.). Constantly getting updated and totally worth the $5.

Also still playing KoF XV when I have the time. Did all of the missions, played through the story mode a few times and played a couple of online matches but wanted to wait until they fixed the Steam version's matchmaking issues. It's a definite step up from XIV but if you're a "2D or fuck off" guy, nothing's going to change your mind. Your loss though... super solid mechanically and has a lot of the SNK charm.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I completed most of the side gigs/NCPD missions on Cyperpunk 2077, now finishing up the main story missions.

EDIT: Finished! I got a bittersweet ending, but will want to see the other endings.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished Last of Us Remastered. Excellent, very tight, at times simplistic but everything is just done right. I'll play part 2 but might wait a while, I know the second has a lot of criticisms from what I've heard but I feel like I need to see it for myself and continue with the world they've created.

I dunno, I've also been looking a Plague Tale as well. I never saw it talked about much but I keep seeing it popping up on lists of overlooked games that deserve to be played.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Finished Last of Us Remastered. Excellent, very tight, at times simplistic but everything is just done right. I'll play part 2 but might wait a while, I know the second has a lot of criticisms from what I've heard but I feel like I need to see it for myself and continue with the world they've created.

I dunno, I've also been looking a Plague Tale as well. I never saw it talked about much but I keep seeing it popping up on lists of overlooked games that deserve to be played.
I preferred the story of the first one but the gameplay and gameplay transitions of the second. Overall both solid entries, though i feel I'd more likely go back to the first if i ever did a replay. Definitely see it for yourself to see if it clicks

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
TLoU2 is amazing, brutal game but really beautiful.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
3/27/22

Attack of the mini consoles
Played some mini consoles today

PC Engine Mini
Legend of Valkyrie

Astro City Mini
Golden Axe Death Adder
Rad Mobile
Cotton
Ninja Princess

Dusty Neo Geo Mini
GMOTW

PS3
Tekken Tag 2
PS1 via PS3
Rapid Reload

PS4
KOF XV
Virtua Fighter 5
Sebastian Loeb Rally

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Dark Souls - put some serious time into this one for the past week. I'm at Sen's Fortress and it's as bullshit as everyone says it is. I find the environments getting to be more frustrating than difficult, i much prefer the bosses as i feel like i actually get better each time. Sif was a fun one to go through, planning on at least getting through this fortress tomorrow before heading to Anor Londo.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4
Dark Souls - put some serious time into this one for the past week. I'm at Sen's Fortress and it's as bullshit as everyone says it is. I find the environments getting to be more frustrating than difficult, i much prefer the bosses as i feel like i actually get better each time. Sif was a fun one to go through, planning on at least getting through this fortress tomorrow before heading to Anor Londo.
Sen's fortress is indeed one of the most frustrating parts in the game, think of it like a shoot-em-up, once you have it memorized dodging the cleavers, etc... becomes second nature.

On topic: found a sealed Nioh 2 for 5€ over the weekend, apparently a souls-like + it's a Team Ninja game so it can't be totally crap, just installed it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
On topic: found a sealed Nioh 2 for 5€ over the weekend, apparently a souls-like + it's a Team Ninja game so it can't be totally crap, just installed it.
Both of the Nioh games are really good, it's just that everybody seems to completely ignore them for some reason.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Played through the LOU Left Behind DLC and started LOU2. I can see why people complained about the story, I personally don't have a problem with it. Glad they took some chances. Gameplay wise this is a huge step up, better environments, better combat and obviously a big upgrade to the graphics. This is one of the best looking games on the system. It's also huge, I dig that they went from the linear road trip style sprinkled with encounters to bigger environments and basically a central location. It works quite well once you get used to it.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Not been playing much but I did manage to get a hold of both of these.
received_549798926369584.jpeg

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Played through the LOU Left Behind DLC and started LOU2. I can see why people complained about the story, I personally don't have a problem with it. Glad they took some chances. Gameplay wise this is a huge step up, better environments, better combat and obviously a big upgrade to the graphics. This is one of the best looking games on the system. It's also huge, I dig that they went from the linear road trip style sprinkled with encounters to bigger environments and basically a central location. It works quite well once you get used to it.
My only gripe with the gameplay was the semi open world. I felt that Seattle was awesome with small objectives populated everywhere, and they never really went for that type of scenario anymore after that. They had some larger areas where combat was super open, but only really explored that premise once

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My only gripe with the gameplay was the semi open world. I felt that Seattle was awesome with small objectives populated everywhere, and they never really went for that type of scenario anymore after that. They had some larger areas where combat was super open, but only really explored that premise once
Well shortly after making the previous post I went to manually save and got a data corruption error. It force quit and ejected the game disc automatically. Goddamnit. It's telling me delete the game data and re-install, apparently this is a fairly widespread problem with LOU2 and Red Dead 2. Some people are saying it's just a minor glitch and there's an easy fix and other people are saying it's a conspiracy by Sony to get people to buy PS5s (I highly doubt that)

This is the first issue I've had with the PS4 Pro, I've had it since release and taken good care of it. I hope this isn't a sign that the system is failing.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Series X

Wunderlands this hasn't grabbed my interest the way I hoped. It's fun and all but it's missing something. I'll keep playing but, for example, I'm more into the Shining Force CD game I'm also playing.