Finally getting into the Neo Geo AES world, need help

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If this dingus is already this worried over the console box I can't even imagine how much trouble he's going to have when he actually starts buying games.

Though I'm sure like most new collectors these days he'll just get half a dozen of the most common games in shit condition and then quickly move on to something else, probably something really awesome like the Jaguar or 3DO.

Living the dream.

Another collectard virgin ready to scarifice his ballz for the closet.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
great, another bag holder newcomer for big tymers to offload expensive home carts for retirement

yes buddy you need that kizuna encounter in your life. get to it

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
@Gladson There are many known print variations to the box from over the years. You'll find that SNK was consistent about very little. For what it's worth, there have never been any reports or evidence of counterfeit boxes over the years. Although you're right, with the prices these boxes are starting to command, it does feel like something people might try to start bootlegging some day.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
What a noob, he doesn't even know that the SF2 cart won't fit his neo geo... because that's a CPS2 home cart.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you're looking at minutia and consistency on SNK stuff to verify authenticity you're going to be in for a bad time. SNK was a pretty small company and wildly inconsistent. They really weren't premium in the way that most people think of the word. They were just expensive since they were using more advanced hardware and larger memory carts.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'd love to see (not really) someone do a repro of the styrofoam inserts as well. That would take it to a whole new level of fakery. Probably just a matter of time. Sadly.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Have you ever thought of getting a consolized MVS to play the games at a more affordable price point? Or does it not stroke your dick enough to look pretty on the shelf to show other people?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Have you ever thought of getting a consolized MVS to play the games at a more affordable price point? Or does it not stroke your dick enough to look pretty on the shelf to show other people?
What does this "play" mean?

Isn't the neo specifically designed to warm shelves and only warm shelves?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'd love to see (not really) someone do a repro of the styrofoam inserts as well. That would take it to a whole new level of fakery. Probably just a matter of time. Sadly.
i'm pretty certain i've seen this post on the forum before where someone who is doing exactly this

Last edited: