Restated my AES Collection

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If you have a car loan, you should not be buying Neo Geos. I havent had a car loan since 2008.
Well, if that isn't actually one of the dumbest fucking things I've read for a while.

Why the fuck would anyone in their right mind sink their hard earned cash into a depreciating asset?

Lemme guess though, since 2008 you've only been buying and driving Ferrari F40s and Mercedes 300 SLR coupes... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: wyo

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well, if that isn't actually one of the dumbest fucking things I've read for a while.

Why the fuck would anyone in their right mind sink their hard earned cash into a depreciating asset?

Lemme guess though, since 2008 you've only been buying and driving Ferrari F40s and Mercedes 300 SLR coupes... 🙄
Hardly. I just can't comprehend you would have a car note and be buying frivolous collectibles.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hardly. I just can't comprehend you would have a car note and be buying frivolous collectibles.
Meanwhile, back in the real world, we had two paid for cars, and it was nice, but my wife came up with 'reasons' why we needed different ones.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Man I literally had the first payment of my “new” car go through yesterday. I had the same car since 2013, but it started leaking oil, my PA inspection was due, and it had 175k on it. Got to a point I didn’t want to put anymore money into it. Being that I have to drive on Interstate 95 everyday to go to work I need something reliable and can’t risk my car breaking down. A lot of times I’m happy when I have a day off just because I don’t have to commute to work and working from home isn’t an option. My job is flexible this time of year though and I usually wait till the morning rush is over unless I have a meeting and answer work emails from home till the but that afternoon commute is still a bitch, but having that bill go through each month again sucks.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

Different strokes for different folks.

Using debt sensibly to get what you want isn’t stupid. I could save £500 a month to buy a modernish car in 2 years. Or I could take out a loan at 6% p.a. interest and pay the car off in a year or two accepting I’ll have paid a bit more over that time than if I bought it outright, but with the benefit of owning and using the car now. Or I could buy a piece of shit for £2000 right away and see how long it lasts me. All three options have merits.

Getting loans out to buy videogames is going to be stupid in all cases however. But that’s not exactly what we are talking about here.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
we don't call it a "note" in america. let go of that british shit.
As a loan officer, I have to sadly disagree. You'd be surprised how many idiots say "note" for a loan.

Granted these are probably the same people who refer to their computer as "the hard drive" when they try to "cut on the Internet."

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If we want to be pedantic, then in the UK the terms for financing a car are Hire Purchase (HP) , Personal Contract Plan (PCP), or Lease. A "car loan" is a product you'd get from a bank not a dealership. I should know... my family owned a car dealership for over 30 years.

Anyway... is this moron buying or selling today? It's difficult to keep up with stupidity.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
wait what the fuck
View attachment 71350

is this what this guy had to do to get his dog tag carts or what
He is also missing a leg. He worked in the navy and when a tugboat started to pull the rope his leg was stuck in it. So the tugboat took off his leg and a couple of fingers with the rope Otherwise, he would have been squished to the boat's porthole where the rope goes through.
He made a video about it a couple of years back

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I heard he lost his leg after he tripped over John Hancock's ego while comparing collections?

I thought the finger loss was down to getting them trapped in Top Tier Arcade's zipper during a circle jerk, no?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
He is also missing a leg. He worked in the navy and when a tugboat started to pull the rope his leg was stuck in it. So the tugboat took off his leg and a couple of fingers with the rope Otherwise, he would have been squished to the boat's porthole where the rope goes through.
He made a video about it a couple of years back
Liveleak video of that?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah some of the keep and sell choices are interesting, to each their own I guess. Seems like he just kept the latest game in each series. I do love how that World Heroes 2 has the EB games stickers still on it.

I don't keep up with the youtube/facebook/instagram collecting scene so this is mindblowing how people spend so much money just to take a picture to say "I have this" then sell it after.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Yeah the EB sticker is cool. I can't imagine paying $245 in 90s money for World Heroes 2.