Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Do you have the 360 boxes on top of the bookshelf lol
The top of the book shelf is a practical place to keep console boxes. I like to keep all my consoles nice by keeping the retail packaging. If you throw them out, you're basically throwing money away. Anyone who's tried to buy an old console on ebay knows it's worth more with the box.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah I avoid this buy not having 30 shitty old consoles I have to keep the packaging for, that I'm not selling anyway.
That's what cupboard and loft storage is for. Oh shit wii-u box. I love this museum

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I ordered a Atari 7800/2600-compatible gamepad from Retrogameboyz

IMG_8050_470x.png

It's a NES-style pad, placement of the control elements is near perfect and the D-pad is smooth but firm enough at the same time to give a good feedback. Love the concave buttons. It's built very sturdily, comes with a long cable of almost 10 ft. Highly recommended if you're looking for a decent pad for the Ataris or the C64, probably works on a bunch of other consoles/micro computers as well. I chose the rainbow edition to fit to my Euro/PAL 7800, there's also a woodgrain finish version available if you like that sorta stuff.

It also comes with two extra buttons (like select and pause on the NES), there are mods that let you pause a game from the pad instead of having to push pause on the machine. I prolly won't add that mod to my machine coz I'm sitting right in front of it and have easy access to the pause button but I can see how this may be a prob for some setups so it's nice to have.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I ordered a Atari 7800/2600-compatible gamepad from Retrogameboyz

IMG_8050_470x.png

It's a NES-style pad, placement of the control elements is near perfect and the D-pad is smooth but firm enough at the same time to give a good feedback. Love the concave buttons. It's built very sturdily, comes with a long cable of almost 10 ft. Highly recommended if you're looking for a decent pad for the Ataris or the C64, probably works on a bunch of other consoles/micro computers as well. I chose the rainbow edition to fit to my Euro/PAL 7800, there's also a woodgrain finish version available if you like that sorta stuff.

It also comes with two extra buttons (like select and pause on the NES), there are mods that let you pause a game from the pad instead of having to push pause on the machine. I prolly won't add that mod to my machine coz I'm sitting right in front of it and have easy access to the pause button but I can see how this may be a prob for some setups so it's nice to have.
It's newly manufactured? Not a sacc'ed NES pad?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah I avoid this buy not having 30 shitty old consoles I have to keep the packaging for, that I'm not selling anyway.
That's what cupboard and loft storage is for. Oh shit wii-u box. I love this museum
Having a dedicated game room like all the goobs online was my dream for many years. I had all my game stuff in storage for long enough. Now that I have the space I'm going to keep the things I love out where I can see them.

I'm also not ashamed to admit I want all my game stuff to be just like when I was 14 again. Sure, I don't have time or desire to sit down and give any of this stuff the attention I did back when I was a kid, but all the same, that's the only time gaming really made sense to me. Now that I can do what I want, I'll pour myself a bourbon and sit back and turn an old game on surrounded by this great old stuff.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Newly manufactured, and made of injection-molded parts, no 3D printer stuffs or anything. It's really well made, I've inspected it inside and out and found no points to complain.
Cool. I kind of want some. I got some NOS 7800 pads, but the D-pad on those is not the best.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Having a dedicated game room like all the goobs online was my dream for many years. I had all my game stuff in storage for long enough. Now that I have the space I'm going to keep the things I love out where I can see them.

I'm also not ashamed to admit I want all my game stuff to be just like when I was 14 again. Sure, I don't have time or desire to sit down and give any of this stuff the attention I did back when I was a kid, but all the same, that's the only time gaming really made sense to me. Now that I can do what I want, I'll pour myself a bourbon and sit back and turn an old game on surrounded by this great old stuff.
Keeping the packaging, for me, was never about "collecting" or keeping the "value"... it was just about keeping everything together... and I've been so minded since I got my first Mega Drive in the early 90s.

Fortunately, our house has more walk-in closets than occupants, so all the boxes live in one of those nowadays. :D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Cool. I kind of want some. I got some NOS 7800 pads, but the D-pad on those is not the best.
I got two of them but never really got comfortable with them. IMO the distance between the D-pad and buttons is too long and yeah, the D-pad itself is quite crappy too, even more so if you screw on that silly little thumbstick. It's better than the US controller but not much.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

I don't see the difference between our shelves full of goobstation stuff and Kern's trannyformers stuff
Just different flavours of sour milk.

Keeping the packaging, for me, was never about "collecting" or keeping the "value"... it was just about keeping everything together... and I've been so minded since I got my first Mega Drive in the early 90s.

Fortunately, our house has more walk-in closets than occupants, so all the boxes live in one of those nowadays. :D
I was that kid who cut open my action figures so I could keep the hanger board. 😑