13 sentinels aegis rim.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I honestly forgot this game was even coming out. I’m a big vanilla ware fan, but I don’t know what to think about the gameplay. Anyone else picking this up on the 22nd?

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Got my copy from Amazon yesterday. It's just incredibly well-made, I'd forgotten how good of a dev Vanillaware really is. The visual novel aspects are far more engaging than the usual in the genre, good writing as well as snappy pacing. The combat sections are... [chef's kiss]. Pretty cool to see a developer that's known for one genre in particular try out something completely new and just nail it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Can't wait to play this. (And the fixed Odin Sphere...)

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I got this too, preordered it a while back. Plan on getting into it on my vacation- hopefully it’s good like Odin Sphere.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Bought it solely because it's Vanillaware.

I can personally attest that Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir is an excellent remake.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
There are certain times I regret selling my PS4...now is one of them.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm hoping for a price drop on the 4/pro soon, but I'm wondering if they won't even bother to do so because current gen is flying off the shelves what with COVID...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Me too...but I agree. I don’t think a price drop will come by time soon...I think Sony and Microsoft both are comfortable with a dual generation environment.

I wish they brought Muramasa to the PS4 as well...

Or better yet I wish they’d bring all the games over to the Switch!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finally finished 13 Sentinels the other night. Despite some problems with the storytelling and the pacing, it was still quite good overall. The tactical sections stayed fun throughout, and the visual novel sections were more hit than miss. My playthrough clocked 47 hours, and the game would have been better if it was half that length, but it still managed to keep my attention.