20 GB PS3 selling on Gaymstop/EB now (sold out, sorry)

slerch666

updyke,
EDIT- THE BUNDLE IS NOW SOLD OUT. SORRY GUYS. Hopefully people who wanted it got it.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=B020071A

$1000 for the system, some games and other shit.

Not a bad price if you want the games included. Too bad the only thing I'd want is Resistance. Well, that and I already have the 60 GB system.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I guess that comes out to the right price, assuming the extended warranty is $65 or so.

LOL at the Game Informer sub, in particular, though.

edit: cure disclaimer- "we expect these bundles to ship on or before December 8th, 2006, but THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED."

And then they go on to mention, a little later "Your credit card may be charged up to 9 days before the bundle is shipped."

Big
icon13.gif

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
the whole 60 vs 20 is a moot point considering you can swap it out

the only reason I'd go for the 60 is for the wifi

besides, I don't plan on buying a PS3 for another year or so

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
roker said:

But don't you want the BLING?!?!

My PS3 is 20gb. No real need for wifi or bling.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
hesitation is your only friend

jro said:
But don't you want the BLING?!?!

My PS3 is 20gb. No real need for wifi or bling.

wired shit annoys me

any which way I can lose one here and there is a plus

but it's not a big deal

but definitely a plus

slerch666

updyke,
jro said:
I guess that comes out to the right price, assuming the extended warranty is $65 or so.

LOL at the Game Informer sub, in particular, though.

edit: cure disclaimer- "we expect these bundles to ship on or before December 8th, 2006, but THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED."

And then they go on to mention, a little later "Your credit card may be charged up to 9 days before the bundle is shipped."

Big
icon13.gif
Don't shoot the messenger. I was only posting it here because when I posted my eBay 20 GB system I was told people get angry over selling the PS3 for profit. I barely visit here anymore so I figured I'd do a small community service for those that want one but can't find one.

slerch666

updyke,
roker said:

I actually wanted the 60 GB for the added memory card slots which the 20 GB doesn't have.

And the snazzy silver highlights. :lol:

slerch666

updyke,
not sonic said:
You're looking at selling the 20 GB for no more than $700 now.

The only reason prices for any of the systems really took off was because of the immature idiots who couldn't get one on launch who were creating fake accounts and bidding on any and every system they saw. If none of that happened the price of the 60 GB model would have likely gone no higher than $1000-$1200 which is about where prices are right now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
Don't shoot the messenger. I was only posting it here because when I posted my eBay 20 GB system I was told people get angry over selling the PS3 for profit. I barely visit here anymore so I figured I'd do a small community service for those that want one but can't find one.
Sorry, slerch, I didn't intend that to be directed at you.

That's a fair price, honestly, if people don't mind getting those games, in particular. At least there are decent games in there, rather than the goofy bundle Wal-Mart.com was selling with the Wii.

My ire was toward Gamestop's willingness to charge people's CCs 9 days early for $1000 for something they aren't sure they're going to be able to ship.

Nothing against you, though.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think I'd rather just grab a 60 GB model off of ebay.

They're selling for about the same price now.

This is good though - it's the first step toward bringing some form of sanity to the whole PS 3 thing.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Honestly, why do I "need" the 60GB system? Ive had a few members offer to sell me a 20GB system and I have wanted to jump on them, plus I have spotted a few 20's in stores around me but I keep hearing I "need" the 60GB model. I personally dont care for the wi-fi b/c the only games I play are fighters really and I dont see any of those being any good online. The 20GB has the HDMI port, and if I want to play my old games....thats why I have an old system!!!! I understand its only an extra $100 but someone PLEASE explain why I truly "need" the 60.

O.

slerch666

updyke,
O. Yashiro said:
Honestly, why do I "need" the 60GB system? Ive had a few members offer to sell me a 20GB system and I have wanted to jump on them, plus I have spotted a few 20's in stores around me but I keep hearing I "need" the 60GB model. I personally dont care for the wi-fi b/c the only games I play are fighters really and I dont see any of those being any good online. The 20GB has the HDMI port, and if I want to play my old games....thats why I have an old system!!!! I understand its only an extra $100 but someone PLEASE explain why I truly "need" the 60.

O.
You don't.

Here's the difference between the 2 systems?

The 60 GB model has all the features of the 20 GB with these exceptions:

60 GB HDD (obviously)
Wi-Fi support
Compact Flash/Memory Stick/SD slots

Those are the only differences.

As far as your comment on backwards compatibility, either will play games from previous generation PS systems. If you want to see if a particular US game works on the PS3 or not, you can check it out on the PS3 compatibility site from Sony.

Neither system lets you use your old PS2 controllers or memory cards out of the box. I believe Nyko makes a PS2 to PS3 adapter for controllers and Sony has the official PS2 Memory Card -> USB adapter.

As far as the SD/Compact Flash/Memory Stick, if you're using it to back up data and not just view pictures or transfer files or whatever, you MAY be able to use a USB Key/Flash Drive for that. I haven't plugged mine in to see if the PS3 sees it or not but I can if you really want to know.

slerch666

updyke,
jro said:
Sorry, slerch, I didn't intend that to be directed at you.

That's a fair price, honestly, if people don't mind getting those games, in particular. At least there are decent games in there, rather than the goofy bundle Wal-Mart.com was selling with the Wii.

My ire was toward Gamestop's willingness to charge people's CCs 9 days early for $1000 for something they aren't sure they're going to be able to ship.

Nothing against you, though.

No real offense taken.

I agree with charging ahead of time (since I believe this is illegal according to credit card terms), but they are guaranteeing you a system... at some point. Just not sure WHEN.

I tried for the Wii combo on Wal*Mart 'cause I wanted one. I kept getting a fucked up error about my configuration being invalid. I even tried putting all of the shittiest games in my bundle to see if that worked, which it didn't.

Personally I only bought Resistance to play online with a friend, only to find you can't play the game with people who live in the US that own Japanese PS3s. For whatever reason they connect to a different server. Dumb. It turned out to be a fun game though.

Everything else in that bundle is worthless to me. The second controller is nice and from stories, so is the warranty. But who cares about the subscription? The same subscription EB/Gaymstop rape you with if you want their frequent buyer card.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
slerch666 said:
You don't.

Here's the difference between the 2 systems?

The 60 GB model has all the features of the 20 GB with these exceptions:

60 GB HDD (obviously)
Wi-Fi support
Compact Flash/Memory Stick/SD slots

Those are the only differences.

As far as your comment on backwards compatibility, either will play games from previous generation PS systems. If you want to see if a particular US game works on the PS3 or not, you can check it out on the PS3 compatibility site from Sony.

Neither system lets you use your old PS2 controllers or memory cards out of the box. I believe Nyko makes a PS2 to PS3 adapter for controllers and Sony has the official PS2 Memory Card -> USB adapter.

As far as the SD/Compact Flash/Memory Stick, if you're using it to back up data and not just view pictures or transfer files or whatever, you MAY be able to use a USB Key/Flash Drive for that. I haven't plugged mine in to see if the PS3 sees it or not but I can if you really want to know.

Thanks. My mind is made up now. I personally didnt care for all the bells and whistles, I just wanted the bitch to play VF5 when it came out.

O.

slerch666

updyke,
O. Yashiro said:
Thanks. My mind is made up now. I personally didnt care for all the bells and whistles, I just wanted the bitch to play VF5 when it came out.

O.

The only other, stupid, difference is the 60 GB model comes with silver highlights. Just another shiny surface to get fingerprints on. And the system is a fingerprint magnet.