2016 Rio Olympics

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Anyone interested in this?

There's a decent chance that the Rio Olympics will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

What's the over/under on athletes getting sick over there?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's a decent chance that the Rio Olympics will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Yes, I'm expecting this. The question will be what will cause the clusterfuck: The disorganization, pollution, or terrorism?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone interested in this?
No, other than Hope Solo posting pics of herself on instagram looking like she's wearing full body armor to protect against the mosquitoes, and subsequently turning all of Brazil against her.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Boy, I can't wait for all those athletes to get Zika and spread it around during the orgies that happen in every Olympic camp, then return home and spread it to fucking everyone.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
These commissions need to stop taking bribes from shitholes and stage games in cities that can actually host.

This is a mess.
Sochi was a mess.
And wait until they try to stage a world up in Qatar.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
These commissions need to stop taking bribes from shitholes and stage games in cities that can actually host.

This is a mess.
Sochi was a mess.
And wait until they try to stage a world up in Qatar.

Also the World Cup in Russia before that. No one speaks anything other than Russian, roads are shite, internal flights within Russia are terrifying, you have two big cities, some smaller cities, and some far flung cities literally the other side of the world from each other, and they're notorious racists and homophobes. Gonna be fun

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It just seems that Rio is nowhere near qualified to hold an Olympics. How did they even get it?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
To be fair, people said the exact same things when the football world cup took place there but nothing happened. Of course that doesn't change the fact that Olympia or other international sports/athletics competitions became pharma games a long time ago and lead to ridiculous cases of corruption and law bending. The only way to change things would be to completely boycott this farce and never buy a single product of their advertising partners anymore but that's not going to happen so the tragic comedy of international sports will go on.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I must confess... i am all sport'ed out atm... and well, this Olympics is not floating my boat...

HENCE, I will watch House of Cards Season 4... Killjoys Season 1... and anything else instead of this...

xROTx

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
i'll watch this junk. i haven't watched swimming, diving, gymnastics, etc. in 4 years, so it is time.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
The indoor sports should be more or less ok. I expect at least one more outdoor venue to collapse though.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
1470406607061.png

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The only way to change things would be to completely boycott this farce and never buy a single product of their advertising partners anymore but that's not going to happen so the tragic comedy of international sports will go on.

There's way over seven billion of us now, we can't all live on panem alone, so there's circenses. Quite a symbolic gesture for favelas getting it this time. We brought them the fire, how promethean, they'll eat our alc-inflamed liver, how ironic. It's Hobson's choice for both, I guess.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I've been watching the soccer & swimming events

espn convered it really well & the field & pool looked pro, very clean

you can't tell the chaos thats going in the outdoor areas

so.. a russian diplomatic killed an armed robber, a section of the cycling track collapse into the ocean killing two cyclists, the sailing waters are basically raw sewage, a chinese athlete & his camera crew got all their luggage robbed in the hotel lobby (somebody puked all over him & after they chased him out all their stuff was gone)

oh yea & body parts keep washing up on the beach courts..

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
you can't tell the chaos thats going in the outdoor areas

so.. a russian diplomatic killed an armed robber, a section of the cycling track collapse into the ocean killing two cyclists, the sailing waters are basically raw sewage, a chinese athlete & his camera crew got all their luggage robbed in the hotel lobby (somebody puked all over him & after they chased him out all their stuff was gone)

oh yea & body parts keep washing up on the beach courts..

Really? I haven't heard any of this. It seems like now that the events are under way, all of the negative things have been pushed to the background a bit.

I have been watching as the Olympics are pretty much the only time when watching something like swimming, volleyball, rugby and so on is remotely fun or entertaining. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of the female athletes are attractive, specially the volleyball players.