$300k Kizuna Encounter Euro AES over at the NeoStore

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lol water stained and worn manual described as "excellent".

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Last edited:

CIB

n00b
I like that 2003 topic where people are insulting each other over what became... a +6000% investment in a 20 years period :p

Damsco

n00b
Does this Sean guy ever post on this forum or does he just pay the hosting bill and try to sell carts to gullible idiots that pass by?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The insanely high price is more than likely a ploy to gain attention and attract a serious buyer.

We will likely never know what it sales for, but I bet it’s atleast a 1/3rd of the listed price.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I recon there are 6 Euro Kizuna.

Prolly one surviving shipping carton originally, before the rest were converted to other titles.

Or-they are all !Arcade! made bullshit, as he was the only offset-press connected conversion maker back then.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Oh, you are correct.

It appears Wolfgang no longer has an account and only shows up as a guest. Here is the thread he made saying he bought it in 1996:
https://neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/kizuna-pal-answer.10936/
Isn't that @LWK ???

Anyway who would buy a $300,000 game nowadays? That sounds like an attempt to distort market prices for kizuna, maybe Shaun isn't really getting 300k (unless there's some random saudi oil baron after a copy), but he sure is trying to get the price close to that value for someone that actually wants to sit down and negotiate with him.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
buy a worthless videogame you will never play (because of insertion marks) or invest that money into something more resonable, like a house or a car? hmmm man, tough decisions. there could be legend of success joe on the pcb and you would never know.

this whole videogame hobby is just retarded.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
buy a worthless videogame you will never play (because of insertion marks) or invest that money into something more resonable, like a house or a car? hmmm man, tough decisions. there could be legend of success joe on the pcb and you would never know.

Except for you know, the last 10+ years proving that videogames ARE reasonable investments....

I agree with your last statement though.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

House and car, how exciting. Why is this seemingly the official mantra of n-g.com? How about a white picket fence and a golden retriever? How about some more mouths to feed with your dead end job? There's only one path to happiness.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
300,000 US dollars fighting game homecart: the path to happiness.

I had the banana cart hooked on with Pick-n-mix and this game came up, I immediately got reminded of this thread… then I played KOF98

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Seriously though, what’s going on there Alec :spock:
I'm not the only one here who's middle aged. This stuff is going to resonate.

Seriously though, is it interesting to read a Neo Geo forum about a house and car, or someone's overpriced baller nerd trophies? We want the exceptional, not the mundane. Don't tell these folks to buy savings bonds, I wanna read crazy stuff.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I was fine with gaming shenanigans when high prices were a couple grand but everything is so ridiculous now I don't even find it entertaining, just depressing.

It also doesn't help that all these super expensive games are never even very good. Kizuna is alright and when that's one of the best of these obscenely priced games it just makes it all the more depressing. Occasionally you have something like Metal Slug but more often than not it's junk like Nintendo World Championship. That's the opposite of interesting.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m running a MMJ special at the moment. Give me $300k and I’ll take you to exciting Tokyo and help you buy not one, but two Japanese copies of Kizuna Encounter. I’ll also throw in a night of hookers and blow. PM me.