720p VS 1080i

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
DashK said:
hendrix stop being a fucking n00b and buy an HDTV, for all you're bitching you still don't have one :lol:

::goes to play GRAW in 720p:: :kekeke:
GRAW looks so good to me that when I played it over in 720p, it didn't look that much better.

Call of Duty 2 in 720p? :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
thirdkind said:
Sony's 34XBR960 is regarded by many, including professionals, to be the finest consumer CRT display ever released.

The 34XBR970, which is what you linked to, is said to be a somewhat watered-down model rather than a step up from the 960. It doesn't have the Super Fine Pitch tube, which is what gives the 960 its ability to resolve such incredible detail. If I were you, I'd try hard to find the 960 on clearance someplace.

There are pros and cons to every technology. Honestly, I can't see how anyone would be disappointed with the 34XBR960 in any way. I think it's a fine choice for both movies and gaming.

Anyone discussing the differences between 720p and 1080i is picking nits. 1080i on a natively 1080i display looks phenomenal.

Enjoy your TV.

How much worse is the 970? I have the chance to pick one up (new) for $870? Is it worth that?

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
T.A.P. said:
How much worse is the 970? I have the chance to pick one up (new) for $870? Is it worth that?

Sure, I suppose. But if you have a little more money you could get a nicer TV that doesn't have those limitations that ThirdKind mentioned.

Personally, I'm the type of person who will not buy something until I get exactly what I am looking for. People told me that I should buy a CRT, and while it's nice, I wanted a nicer LCD TV, so I just kept saving for a few more weeks rather than be hasty. But that's just me...