9 Dead at Umpqua Community College, Oregon

What race is the shooter?

• Total voters

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I would agree in the case of lanza. The kid was so disconnected. Why the fuck would you have so many guns around.

She even was planning on buying him a gun for xmas.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would agree in the case of lanza. The kid was so disconnected. Why the fuck would you have so many guns around.

She even was planning on buying him a gun for xmas.

I am fascinated about people of this nature and often read about them for years afterwards...that level of insanity is interesting. In some cases, like jared loughner, he was described as a pretty good guy who slipped into Schizophrenia in a pretty rapid fashion at a post-18 year old age. Really, there wasn't a ton anyone could have done to prevent him intervention wise.

Lanza was completely a different story...that was 100% avoidable. I don't often cast blame, but I feel nearly the entire blame for that shooting fell completely on his mother. She had an ocean of chances that could have prevented that and made a massive series of absurd choices that eventually, led to her won death as well as others.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I like that this is a contingency you have pre-worked out.

You haven't met my family. A good amount of them have some sort of history with drugs/trouble with the law.

I'm going to assume that you haven't spent much time around kids.....
Or parents.

What makes you think that you are going to be the one holding the firearm?

I've spent enough time around kids to decide that I don't want any. Frankly, I just can't tolerate them at all. Good on you if you want them, they're not for me.

What makes me think I'll be holding the firearm? I choose not to invite a lot of people into my home save for close friends, which is a short list. Anyone else has no business being there. Plus, I'm more of a homebody, so more often than not, I'm home - less of a chance of someone else coming in to take my firearm.

The shooter had aspergers.

Women don't want to hear excuses. No wonder they wouldn't date him.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Why the fuck would you have so many guns around.

Why would you have so many video games around?
Because they're all different and fun.

Guns are not all alike.
Shooting a .22 semi-auto rifle at the 50 yard range feels totally different to shooting a 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant at 100+ yards with ironsights and a friend to spot.

Shooting a revolver is totally different compared to a semi auto pistol.

Then, there are neat historical guns like the Nagant Revolver with a suppressor. That is the most whisper quiet revolver I've ever had the pleasure of shooting, even if the trigger pull is heavy as hell.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why would you have so many video games around?

Because I don't live with another human being that has no emotion or regard for himself or other people.

2. Because they do not pose a serious threat to anyone in my house, or others.

You gotta admit that it is pretty irresponsible of MS lanza to have that many guns around her son.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
No, I don't. I have no idea what their home situation was like, nor if Adam showed signs of being a mass-murderer or how long ago those signs started.

Also, parents are stupid for their kids, and often not willing to admit their failings.

Unless Adam was going around and torturing animals and shit, I doubt the signs were very clear to his parents.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No, I don't. I have no idea what their home situation was like, nor if Adam showed signs of being a mass-murderer or how long ago those signs started.

Also, parents are stupid for their kids, and often not willing to admit their failings.

Unless Adam was going around and torturing animals and shit, I doubt the signs were very clear to his parents.

History of obsession with death?
Check

Disaccociative disorder?
Check

Declining mental health leading into the shooting?
Check

He was at the point where he and his mom were sharing the house and he was communicating with her via email.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
phtevns arcticle said:
There has been a tense debate over immigration and asylum in Sweden, with the far-right seeking to exploit incidents of violence involving immigrants. In August, a refused asylum seeker stabbed two people to death in an Ikea store near Stockholm, causing a storm of outrage.

I don't think there is(comparison merit)? seems like a whole other subject. if you're suggesting a few less casualties were involved sans gun... how you can you be so sure that was this whackadoos motive? it does mention he was 'political' and that the principal got got.

Last edited: