AES Collecting - justfacts.org

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
No AES cartridge is worthless, who says i am in for collecting? I just love playing games on my AES

Just admit you are a shelf queen. Be proud and own it girl.

Mikekim

n00b
I suppose i all comes down to if you collect or play the titles.

If you are just looking to play them then MVS would be the sensible option as you can get 40+ good titles for the price of couple of AES rares.

Yes there is something to be said about having a $3000 game on a shelf in mint condition, but games are meant to be played..

I went the MVS route as the tiles that i wanted are easier to obtain at almost reasonable prices.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I went the MVS route as the tiles that i wanted are easier to obtain at almost reasonable prices.

All alternative routes became expensive, even the CD one. Too bad, since such titles as TTS, BTG, CS2, Cyber-Lip etc. are great ports with low loading-times. Yet, you still have to issue a lot of dough for those titles and who wants to spent so much for such unattractive medium.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I suppose i all comes down to if you collect or play the titles.

If you are just looking to play them then MVS would be the sensible option as you can get 40+ good titles for the price of couple of AES rares.

Yes there is something to be said about having a $3000 game on a shelf in mint condition, but games are meant to be played..

I'd like to know what that something to be said would be with a 3000 usd mint cart on your shelf.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'd like to know what that something to be said would be with a 3000 usd mint cart on your shelf.

Friends- "Dude that is so awesome, you rock brah"
Parents - " We always knew you would be a success, but when are you getting married, we want grandchildren and time is running out.
Random Girl at house party- I came over here to find a Pokémon and saw these vhs tapes, fuck me now.
Random guy at house party - I came over here to look for pokemon and saw your vhs tapes, you should do a YouTube video or something. Also, you should fuck me.
Detective- Looks like a possible suicide in a fur suit, don't touch anything. I'm taking these vhs tapes into evidence.
Coroner (Internal dialogue)- This guy had quite the collection, I can't wait til I get him back to the morgue, totally gonna fuck him.

Mikekim

n00b

Yes I can see the attraction of collecting expensive items that are never going to do anything other than sit on the shelf.
I have a substantial collection of 25-30 year old malt whiskies, that i have amassed over the past 15 years that will never be drunk. Its got to the point where they have to be listed as individual items on he household contents insurance.

doesn't mean to say I don't drink whiskey, i did once open a $700 bottle to drink (the joys of drunken nights in with friends), might think twice about the $1,000+ bottles though :eek: (or would have to be really drunk)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I can see the appeal. It's no different to any other collecting hobby. Coins, comics, cars, etc. People spend a fortune on all sorts just to collect, but never use. It's not for me, I like to use my games, but I don't see it as any different to other collectors.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Coroner (Internal dialogue)- This guy had quite the collection, I can't wait til I get him back to the morgue, totally gonna fuck him.

Spoiler:
tumblr_m2e95jxfve1qat14vo2_250.gif

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Friends- "Dude that is so awesome, you rock brah"
Parents - " We always knew you would be a success, but when are you getting married, we want grandchildren and time is running out.
Random Girl at house party- I came over here to find a Pokémon and saw these vhs tapes, fuck me now.
Random guy at house party - I came over here to look for pokemon and saw your vhs tapes, you should do a YouTube video or something. Also, you should fuck me.
Detective- Looks like a possible suicide in a fur suit, don't touch anything. I'm taking these vhs tapes into evidence.

ZAWWfoy.jpg

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I just want to jump in say I scored my AES for a good deal before I knew about cmvs or what ever. I still prefer it. Love my big cab but nostalgia gets me. O Cavern of Fun how I miss you...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I wonder, does that work reciprocally? Are his friends asking Master Tasuke... what are those big-tymer Neo-Geo Games on your shelf for?

No, they're asking him what those pictures of their kid sisters are for.