Amazon is forgettable (unless you have Prime)

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
God damn, you can't get a bunch of the deals unless you have Prime. They don't even let you buy the stuff (unless you use a marketplace seller). It's like, shut up and take my money! But they don't want to take it since I don't have Prime.

So I went to Best Buy instead and got my stuff for comparable prices. I was also going to get a book, but I guess I'll just have to go to Barnes and Noble instead. Poor me.

It isn't even Black Friday, too. I've been seeing this for months. I've been actively avoiding Amazon because of this. Amazon was my go to for Black Friday for years, and I'm not even using it at all this year.

What a miserable business practice. I hope it drives them into the ground. Amazon could stand to be taken down a notch or two.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Between the free shipping, Amazon video, 20% off pre-order or early buy off of games, AND the ability to share all of that minus video with family for free, I've never heard anyone complain about Prime. Have you done a trial?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
prime's the only way to go

same thing with newegg premier

makes the services 1000x better

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Between the free shipping, Amazon video, 20% off pre-order or early buy off of games, AND the ability to share all of that minus video with family for free, I've never heard anyone complain about Prime. Have you done a trial?

This^. I hve had Prime for two years now and can never go back t not having it. Having Prime is what makes Amazon worth shopping from.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
What a miserable business practice. I hope it drives them into the ground.
hahaha

It's $100 for a year. It's worth that for the streaming.

Free shipping, stream your music, stream prime video, get add-on items, hassle free returns. They could charge $200 and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
GCU > Prime.
I did nearly all my shopping online at Best Buy this year. I don't want to wait around for Amazon's shitty Lighting Deals. Amazon used to be the place for Black Friday but that was years ago.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Get prime bro. A ton of awesome music and movies you could stream. Two day and sometimes same day free delivery makes online shopping great. No hassle returns on clothing and other shit. I've been a prime member for the longest and will gladly pay the yearly fee.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm sorry, I find it laughable you have to pay for customer service. Pretty janky actually.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Only thing bad about Amazon is that i have to pay taxes...

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Have you done a trial?

I've done numerous trials over the years, and they're nice while they last, but I don't need them long term.

I'm one of those people that only buys stuff from Amazon a few times a year. Newegg's like that, too. Perhaps even less often. I didn't need Newegg Premier to put together my kickass gaming PC a couple months ago, though. I was actually able to buy everything I needed without plunking down more money for a subscription first.

That's the thing for me. I don't shop from Amazon often enough to justify buying Prime. That used to be okay, but now that they locked me out of buying certain things from them at all, it's not okay anymore.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Can't get prime here. Ireland is too small a market for the full fat prime. So all we get here is the video. Stupid hillbilly island.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Only thing bad about Amazon is that i have to pay taxes...
Wait until they put the B&M stores out of business and see what they turn into.

edit: I'm pretty happy I was able to get my Black Friday shopping done online and through Best Buy, Target, and Toys R Us. Jeff Bezos can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'm sorry, I find it laughable you have to pay for customer service. Pretty janky actually.

Depending on how many purchases your household does a year free 2 day shipping saves you more money then the $100 you invest a year into it. With my household it's well worth it to go prime.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Depending on how many purchases your household does a year free 2 day shipping saves you more money then the $100 you invest a year into it. With my household it's well worth it to go prime.

Same here. That shit is a no brainer for me. Just in the last 6 months I've had over 100 orders placed, 118 to be exact. Even if I purchased my shit else where and was charged $1 to ship each item via snail mail I would still be saving by using prime and I get my items in two days and sometimes the same day.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't need free two day shipping since when I place orders, they are always over $50.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
For me it comes in handy because sometimes I need a item that's $10-25 and I don't have to spend a minimum and it's sitting @ my door in 2 days or less. The fact that I don't even have to leave the house or be stuck in traffic on my way to a local best buy or mall is totally worth it.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Amazon Prime easily pays for itself in the number of trips to various stores that I no longer have to make. Anything I need, it's a couple of clicks and I'm done.

Everything else is just gravy.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
GCU > Prime.
I did nearly all my shopping online at Best Buy this year. I don't want to wait around for Amazon's shitty Lighting Deals. Amazon used to be the place for Black Friday but that was years ago.

You get 20% off new games too with Prime, and you don't even have to preorder. I think they let you buy new games (within a week or two) and still get the 20%.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Prime pays for itself with Christmas season shipping alone.

I once bought a wooden dog house from Amazon with free prime shipping. A dog house!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Best part of prime is they deliver my crap on Sunday's too. And if they don't and it takes longer then two days to get something I just click the little complaint button and they give me another month of prime for free automatically. I don't have to call anyone and waste my time I click a button and blamo :-) or if I don't need my order in two days I can select a slower shipping speed and receive Amazon credits for music/movie purchases etc. Now where they got me this year was if you owned a Amazon Alexa device like echo dot etc you could have saved more money by ordering with their device. Example, Amazon dot was 49.99 marked down to 39.99, but if you told Alexa to order they would sell it to you for 39.99 and give you a 10 dollar gift card effectively making it 29.99. Sure it's just another way for me to spend money there but those devices are pretty awesome if you have a lot of smart home devices installed.