Anyone ever succesfully get rid of their love handles?

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I've been doing some mild exercises for the past few months, along with an incredibly healthier diet.

I'm in considerably better shape now, I have a rocking upper body and some decent abs. But for the life of me, I can't seem to get rid of the love handles. Granted they're not too bad, but they annoy me.

I used to be pretty chubby btw, hence the love handles.

So will the love handles really go away with enough exercise and good nutrition? It seems to me like the extra skin and fat in the love handles I had from when I was fat is not going to go away without some surgery, but maybe it's just my imagination. Or maybe I just need to exercise even more :crying: :p

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
MetalheadSlug said:
I wouldn't know. I have a trim, sexy figure.
this guy has gotta be a fake account

no noob exudes confidence at this level

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
this guy has gotta be a fake account

no noob exudes confidence at this level

Agreed.

Also, new members that get into conflicts right away or spend most of their time in the war room are usually old members.

On topic, I am probably the most fit, white mexican on this site.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Hey now, I could almost classify myself as a fit muscular guy if only for the love handles :crying:

I do have some incredibly sexy legs tho :lolz:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
It all depends on what you're doing for exercises (what and how much.)

What exactly your diet is (you say healthy, but you'd be surprised as to what you can change to make [your diet] even more optimized.)

And of course, the biggest role is genetics.

Lower stomach fat is a notorious pain the ass to get rid of, so don't feel too bad.

If you want specifics, feel free to ask me in PM form and I can provide you with some really solid reading material and other personally-learned information.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
It all depends on what you're doing for exercises (what and how much.)

What exactly your diet is (you say healthy, but you'd be surprised as to what you can change to make [your diet] even more optimized.)

And of course, the biggest role is genetics.

Lower stomach fat is a notorious pain the ass to get rid of, so don't feel too bad.

If you want specifics, feel free to ask me in PM form and I can provide you with some really solid reading material and other personally-learned information.
I was actually hoping for a reply by either you or Spike. I've been following online guides and videos. As for my diet, it's way better than what it was before but I'm sure it could still improve.

PM sent.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Drink a lot of water and I mean A LOT. Drinking water helps flush out the burned fat cells from your bladder. IF you do not drink enough water the fat is redistributed to the closest area which for men is the love handles and on women the hips.

I would reccomend drinking AT LEAST 1 gallon a day and do not drink ice cold water as it is a catch-22. Ice cold water helps you burn calories because when you drink ice cold water your body has to raise the tempurature in order to digest it and you burn calories during this process BUT drinking ice cold water contracts the stomach decreasing its capacity which is why you can only drink so much cold water but a ton of room temp water.

Excercise and a healthy balanced diet will get your hormones working in sync and flush that stuff out. Divide your plate into 3 equal parts, one with your protein/meat which should never be larger than the palm of your hand and the other 2/3 should be filled with fruits and veges. If you are taking Creatine, stop. It actually makes you dehydrated since all the water you are taking in go straight to your muscles, hence the reason why you shrink when you stop.

I hope this helped you somewhat.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
The problem with doing excersice is that your fat cells dont actually "go away" So when people say you burn your fat, it kind of misleading. Your fat cells only shrink but they are still there. I was able to get really lean but I had to go on an extreme diet along with excercise which actually made me really tired all the time. The only way to really remove love handles is through liposuction. Thats why its important not to becaome overweight as a child because its really hard to lose the weight later on in life.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Snuh said:
The problem with doing excersice is that your fat cells dont actually "go away" So when people say you burn your fat, it kind of misleading. Your fat cells only shrink but they are still there. I was able to get really lean but I had to go on an extreme diet along with excercise which actually made me really tired all the time. The only way to really remove love handles is through liposuction. Thats why its important not to becaome overweight as a child because its really hard to lose the weight later on in life.
I was on a stricter diet before while exercising just as hard, and I did feel tired all the time. Which was actually hurting my soccer performance (I'm a soccer player), so I loosened up the diet.

The not becoming overweight as a child is key indeed tho, I was overweight (tho not obese) as a child myself. I'm going to make sure my children are always in good shape.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
If your looking for a really good abdominal excercise though, try reverse crunches. I think thats what they are called. Its where you lay on an abdominal bench and hold the bar where your legs should go (so in other words your kind of backward from how your normally on the bench). Then curl your legs into the air then down and back into the air again. Its a really good excercise for building muscle in that area. If you can get ahold of an abdominal bench that you can adjust the degree incline, try doing this with a 10 degree incline. Hope that helps.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Cruches and suspended knee lifts, they worked for me in the past and have started to work again in the last month(lost 10+ lbs in my mid section alone) I'm almost back to my target weight of 140 lbs.

BIG

sony fanboy
seems like you might be in need of some toning.

perhaps you can start by incorporating more cardio and crunches to your workout routine?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Me and Arthas have been talking about this via PM and after some convincing, I've managed to get him in on this radical weight-loss idea: The Quad Stacker Diet [patent pending]

582009498_f7d9cda02f.jpg

You simply have to eat one Quad Stacker every two hours until you fall asleep/fall into a grease comma and your mass will eventually become so great that it will collapse in upon itself thus creating a void [see: black hole] where your fat (and entire being) used to be.

As I said, it's a radical new look at weight-loss, but early tests are very promising.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Average Joe said:
As I said, it's a radical new look at weight-loss, but early tests are very promising.

Speaking of which, where's Nes?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Me and Arthas have been talking about this via PM and after some convincing, I've managed to get him in on this radical weight-loss idea: The Quad Stacker Diet [patent pending]

582009498_f7d9cda02f.jpg

You simply have to eat one Quad Stacker every two hours until you fall asleep/fall into a grease comma and your mass will eventually become so great that it will collapse in upon itself thus creating a void [see: black hole] where your fat (and entire being) used to be.

Ive said this before, but I once lost 5 pounds a month on a 5-6 thousand calorie diet...

Lots of Fats, Lots of Carbs.

So you can even add a bag of fries and a coke to that diet...

Hippee

Sgt. Pistachio,
Hmmm. I've been working out for the past year - very diligently for the last couple months... and I'm kinda the same way - I'm thin (not super thin - never been overweight either), but my love handle region still sticks out more than I'd like.

My advice (fwiw) would be to increase the size of your chest/lats/shoulders in order to give the ILLUSION of smaller love handles. And of course try and get your arms as huge as possible so babes don't even feel compelled to look at anything else. I think gaining muscle is the easiest way to make it look like you have smaller love handles - I don't believe in spot reduction, and cardio is hard and sucky.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Ive said this before, but I once lost 5 pounds a month on a 5-6 thousand calorie diet...

Lots of Fats, Lots of Carbs.

So you can even add a bag of fries and a coke to that diet...

I personally use a variation of this diet.

Lots of fat. Lots of protein.

Carbs and suger get turned to fat the easiest. However if none are being taken in, your body is trained to burn the fat into instant energy. This trains your body into burning the stored fat when the need arises. And when you want to cut even more fat. All you do is cut calories.

This means no fruit, no bread, no cereal, no pasta, no pop etc. Anything with carbs or suger.

You also eat tons of meat, cheese, eggs, fish etc. And try to stay away from the saturated fats. Just stick to good fats as they are easier to digest.

Then you carb load on the weekend for energy through the week. You need a sense of balance.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Hippee said:
My advice (fwiw) would be to increase the size of your chest/lats/shoulders in order to give the ILLUSION of smaller love handles. And of course try and get your arms as huge as possible so babes don't even feel compelled to look at anything else. I think gaining muscle is the easiest way to make it look like you have smaller love handles - I don't believe in spot reduction, and cardio is hard and sucky.

Pfft.

Go for the abs.

They're The Holy Grail of the human physique.

Sure, they take the longest to get, but all that hard work is rewarded quite well in the end.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Pfft.

Go for the abs.

They're The Holy Grail of the human physique.

Sure, they take the longest to get, but all that hard work is rewarded quite well in the end.

If you go for the abs, then you should get the shoulders to round it out.

piratesale

Crossed Swords Squire
Arthas said:
I've been doing some mild exercises for the past few months, along with an incredibly healthier diet.

I'm in considerably better shape now, I have a rocking upper body and some decent abs. But for the life of me, I can't seem to get rid of the love handles. Granted they're not too bad, but they annoy me.

I used to be pretty chubby btw, hence the love handles.

So will the love handles really go away with enough exercise and good nutrition? It seems to me like the extra skin and fat in the love handles I had from when I was fat is not going to go away without some surgery, but maybe it's just my imagination. Or maybe I just need to exercise even more :crying: :p

MORE EXERCISE!!

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Sometimes it depends how big you were. I know it's different for women, but women who were very big and lost alot of weight need plastic surgery to remove the extra skin. Woman who have given birth do the same. I know plastic surgery is extreme, but sometimes no matter what people do, the extra skin just won't go away. If the love handles are small, then just do what everyone else is telling you to do. But if you were very overweight, you may have to live with it or cut it off.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
well, back in my days when i used to ride my mountain bike about 20 miles along Coast Hwy everyday & going to the gym for 3 hours 5 days a week it was not a problem at all.

of course, who has time to do something like that anyway?

:spock: :spock: :spock: :spock: