Anyone ever succesfully get rid of their love handles?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No/Low carb diets are for lazy people....

Anyone who does any real activity needs carbs....

If you sit behind a desk all day, no carbs is fine...

But if you throw bricks down a conveyor.... Better eat some damn spaghetti

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
No/low carb diets are pretty retarded no matter how you look at it.

Hope you weren't too fond of that lean muscle tissue...

Not to mention that once you get off that kind of diet and start eating carbs again you'll put back on weight faster than you ever would've thought possible.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Thanks a lot for the tips everyone, especially Joe.

Now to implement them :crying: :crying: :lolz: :D

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Drink a lot of water and I mean A LOT. Drinking water helps flush out the burned fat cells from your bladder. IF you do not drink enough water the fat is redistributed to the closest area which for men is the love handles and on women the hips.

I would reccomend drinking AT LEAST 1 gallon a day and do not drink ice cold water as it is a catch-22. Ice cold water helps you burn calories because when you drink ice cold water your body has to raise the tempurature in order to digest it and you burn calories during this process BUT drinking ice cold water contracts the stomach decreasing its capacity which is why you can only drink so much cold water but a ton of room temp water.

QFT

The AC at my workplace has been busted for the past 8 months, so I started drinking lots of cold water at work once the summer started. I noticed I lost like 5 lbs within about 1~2 weeks.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Opinions on health and weight loss are ALL different. No two opinions are alike. You just gotta do what works for you.

What works for me is a masochistic diet and work out routine that nobody is willing to do except me. You gotta want it. You have to have a goal and go for it.

Paul Mooney, the comedian on the Chappelle show once said something that is very similar to losing weight (to me). He said "everyone wants to be a nigga, but nobody wants to be a nigga". Everyone wants that lifestyle, but not the hardships that go with it. Sort of like this whole thing... you want to be lean, but are you really willing to do what it takes? 99.9% of people say no.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't care how gay this sounds, but...

...Spike's physique is a source of inspiration for me.

BIG

sony fanboy
wizkid007 said:
I personally use a variation of this diet.

Lots of fat. Lots of protein.

Carbs and suger get turned to fat the easiest. However if none are being taken in, your body is trained to burn the fat into instant energy. This trains your body into burning the stored fat when the need arises. And when you want to cut even more fat. All you do is cut calories.

This means no fruit, no bread, no cereal, no pasta, no pop etc. Anything with carbs or suger.

You also eat tons of meat, cheese, eggs, fish etc. And try to stay away from the saturated fats. Just stick to good fats as they are easier to digest.

Then you carb load on the weekend for energy through the week. You need a sense of balance.

Good bye, fat!

Hello heart disease!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
BIG said:
Good bye, fat!

Hello heart disease!

I wasn't going to say anything, but aside from that, he also contradicts himself:

You also eat tons of meat, cheese, eggs, fish etc. And try to stay away from the saturated fats.

Meat and dairy products are high in saturated fat.

I'm sure he'll correct himself if he read this thread again, but I was just pointing it out due to a mild curiousity as to his actual meaning(s).

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I know no one cares but this is how I lost 18lbs.

No Junk Food. (Candy, Chocolate, etc..)

No fast Food.

Never eat or drink after 8:00p.m. Water is ok.

When you eat vegetables for example, don't lather them up with butter.

I still ate stuff like Pizza, I just didn't eat it all the time. (Veggie thin crust Pizza's only) If your gonna eat out, make it worth it. If you want pizza, don't eat it from Little Ceasars or Pizza Hut.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I wasn't going to say anything, but aside from that, he also contradicts himself:

Meat and dairy products are high in saturated fat.

I'm sure he'll correct himself if he read this thread again, but I was just pointing it out due to a mild curiousity as to his actual meaning(s).

Actually that is very true... hmmmm. I never look at the actual fat content of cheese and eggs.

As for the heart condition. Theres a huge read on the heart disease etc. It only really started becoming a problem when the influx of suger and carbs became the main source of the diet. Of course if you are going to do this diet you have to be doing quite a bit of phsyical activity.

Norton/average joe

Yeah they are retarded. But that is why you carbload on the weekend. To sustain your energy through the week.

The diet is actually called the anabolic diet for anybody interested. There is an ebook floating around aswell. Ive personally had great success with this diet. Takes anywhere from 10 days to 4 weeks for it to start working though and you will put on 5-10 pounds initially.

Last edited:

bwodie

Another Striker
Average Joe said:
If you want specifics, feel free to ask me in PM form and I can provide you with some really solid reading material and other personally-learned information.

Why go into pm mate?
Others may be curious!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Arthas said:
I've been doing some mild exercises for the past few months, along with an incredibly healthier diet.

better get with some details. what is your age, height and weight? body fat %? what are these mild exercises you speak of? you say a healthier diet, but give a rundown of your average daily intake, with specifics.

unless you were morbidly obese, you can lose that shit on your waist. with guys, the chest, stomach and sides are always the last place that is going to drop fat. this means as you lose your weight, it is going to drop from all over your body (impossible to lose weight from specific parts with spot exercises for example) and for you the handles are going to be the last to go. you will probably have to aproach 10-12% body fat before they start to go, but they will go.

you will not get to 10% if you half-ass it. you have to get serious and take a good look at your diet. diet is # 1. don't fall into the no carb trap. it's bullshit. find out what your daily maintenance (calorie intake) is then drop it by 500 or so AND STICK TO IT EVERY DAY. this probably means around 2000-2500 calories per day, unless you are a giant or are very active. you should look into proper nutrition and get about 40% of your daily intake from protein, 30-40% from good carbs and 20-30% from good fats. try to space out your meals to every 3 hours or so, 5-6 per day. if you are doing 2.5k cals that means 5 meals, 500 cals each. do this every day.

CALORIE DEFICI|T YOU MOTHERFUCKER. good cals too. i dont want to see you eating that fast food BULLSHIT. no more soda or candy in fact keep the sugar to a minimum (fruits are ok, eat like 3 a day if ya want). mountain dew? in ur crazy ass dreams. reeses pieces? ohhhh you silly fuck.

go 100% clean at a 500 cal deficit for 3 months and ur gonna blow your fucking mind at how fast it goes. OH YEAH NO ALCOHOL. that shit will make you hold on to fat harder than ur dick at the sight of a McDonalds ofter you go on this diet. smoke weed instead. lots and lots of weed.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
FeelGood said:
better get with some details. what is your age, height and weight? body fat %? what are these mild exercises you speak of? you say a healthier diet, but give a rundown of your average daily intake, with specifics.

unless you were morbidly obese, you can lose that shit on your waist. with guys, the chest, stomach and sides are always the last place that is going to drop fat. this means as you lose your weight, it is going to drop from all over your body (impossible to lose weight from specific parts with spot exercises for example) and for you the handles are going to be the last to go. you will probably have to aproach 10-12% body fat before they start to go, but they will go.

you will not get to 10% if you half-ass it. you have to get serious and take a good look at your diet. diet is # 1. don't fall into the no carb trap. it's bullshit. find out what your daily maintenance (calorie intake) is then drop it by 500 or so AND STICK TO IT EVERY DAY. this probably means around 2000-2500 calories per day, unless you are a giant or are very active. you should look into proper nutrition and get about 40% of your daily intake from protein, 30-40% from good carbs and 20-30% from good fats. try to space out your meals to every 3 hours or so, 5-6 per day. if you are doing 2.5k cals that means 5 meals, 500 cals each. do this every day.

CALORIE DEFICI|T YOU MOTHERFUCKER. good cals too. i dont want to see you eating that fast food BULLSHIT. no more soda or candy in fact keep the sugar to a minimum (fruits are ok, eat like 3 a day if ya want). mountain dew? in ur crazy ass dreams. reeses pieces? ohhhh you silly fuck.

go 100% clean at a 500 cal deficit for 3 months and ur gonna blow your fucking mind at how fast it goes. OH YEAH NO ALCOHOL. that shit will make you hold on to fat harder than ur dick at the sight of a McDonalds ofter you go on this diet. smoke weed instead. lots and lots of weed.
:lolz: Alright, some details:

Height: 6'0
Weight: I don't know, haven't weighed myself in the longest time, but I would guess around 180-185 (I think I topped out at 230 when I was at my fattest some years back). I don't think I ever classified as being obese, much less morbidly obese :smirk:
Exercises: Jog around the block in the morning + pushups, 2 hours of soccer in the evening Monday-Thursday, and 8 minute abs and 8 minute arms with weights before going to bed. (That's what I used to do at least, going to push gradually for more cardio/exercise until my body feel like jello that day)

As for my calorie intake, I haven't been paying attention to the exact numbers, and I need to start. I don't always eat the same, but for example, today I ate 2 eggs in the morning, fish with rice at midday, and 2 bowls of raisin bran in the evening.

I don't drink anything but water, and the ocassional milk for cereals/milkshakes.

I need to drop the 12% fat milk tho, and get soy milk or lower fat milk for sure.

As for drinking, I do go out drinking on average about once every 2 weeks. Smoking weed instead does sound appealing I must admit.

:make_fac:

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I love how FeelGood comes out of nowhere [yet again] with an awesomely insightful post (as usual when he's being somewhat serious.)

Although I'm surprised he didn't touch on the subject of fiber and water intake.

For men, you should be getting 30-35 grams of fiber a day (if you're not close to this then increase your intake slowly as to avoid bloating/gas pains.)

Not that hard to do, especially if you're already eating healthy as lots of good foods are high in fiber to begin with.

Water consumption was already touched on but I'll add my personal take on it by saying 8-10 eight ounce glasses/bottles a day is what I do--one of those eight ounces after every meal (five meals a day as FeelGood said) and then I try to squeeze in another three or five more bottles depending on what I'm doing that day (heavy cardio days I'll consume a bit more [10] and on lifting days I'll consume a bit less [8].)