Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Where can I get the Contra Keshi?

It was a Japan Wonderfest 2014 limited release, so at this point secondhand market. Luckily I know the creator... but he sold me his last one. Would have to check Yahoo Japan Auctions if someone puts one up for sale.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hellz Yes!!!!!! I got it pre ordered! I'm getting tight in the trousers just thinking about it!

I hope you got the Takara version, not the Hasbro version. The Takara version has a more accurate paint job and improved articulation. Even the Hasbro Devastator is impressive as hell, though.

I just got this:

Legends-LG-14-Ultra-Magnus-01.jpg

1431538655_1_000000002849.jpg

For a non-Masterpiece Transformer, it's pretty dang good.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I love that Magnus, although I did grab the Hasbro version. I just couldn't do the price difference for improved paint.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The Takara version has a more accurate paint job

Well, he has been colored like the Tomy and the Hasbro version. Tomy just decided to make the colors closer to the 2010 cartoon, rather than the IDW comic from where this Ultra Magnus comes from. This is also why they repainted Minimus Ambus into Alpha Trion.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't care bout dat, but those painted rims make the vehicle mode look 10x better.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hope you got the Takara version, not the Hasbro version. The Takara version has a more accurate paint job and improved articulation. Even the Hasbro Devastator is impressive as hell, though.

I just got this:

Legends-LG-14-Ultra-Magnus-01.jpg

1431538655_1_000000002849.jpg

For a non-Masterpiece Transformer, it's pretty dang good.
Looks awesome, does the white truck turns into white OP? To me that's always been very cool. The DW run of G1 had Magnus come out of his outter suit to defeat Shockwave on their final bout, great run, that was gold for me.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Nice to see this thread active again. :)

I just saw the last time I posted was back in May. I've picked up a few more statues/busts since. Not figures (or firgures as it were) I know... :loco:

She-Hulk
51NZ2w36r3L._SL1000_.jpg

Zatanna
51eb2097BIL._SL1000_.jpg

Wasp
51hyguPwgVL._SL1000_.jpg

Jubilee
61CT85CMgcL._SL1001_.jpg

Starfire
61w2-oUH1dL._SL1000_.jpg

I could swear I posted pics of the Jubilee and Starfire already but I scrolled back through and couldn't find the posts. :confused:

Also picked up...

Wonder Woman (This would have been perfect if only her boots were red...)
71fYCc8LLuL._SL1500_.jpg

Harley Quinn
71r9DW162vL._SL1500_.jpg

Catwoman Bust
81BLLiwlnUL._SL1500_.jpg

I also picked up this Starfire statue but the image isn't playing nice with the board...

Also picked up some more Bombshells including Batwoman & Mera. I've got a Lois Lane waiting to be picked up at my LCS yet. I really wish they'd hire a new sculptor for this line or let the Kotobukiya guys handle it. :p

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Looks awesome, does the white truck turns into white OP?
Nope, it's an all-in-one transformation, which is more like what happened in the cartoon. I agree the white inner-Optimus was cool, but we got so many supposed "Ultra Magnus" toys that were nothing BUT a white Optimus with no blue armor or anything, that I was more than ready for a toy that was something different.

And yeah, the painted rims make a huge difference. Of all the places Hasbro cuts corners to save costs, I wish they wouldn't always cheap out on the rims. It's a small touch that always makes a big difference visually.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wish I were skilled enough at painting to do it myself, but I'd make a mess and get silver paint all over the tires.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wish I were skilled enough at painting to do it myself, but I'd make a mess and get silver paint all over the tires.
It's actually not all that hard... I've done it a couple times, and what you do is, after it dries, lightly scrape off the excess if you go over the lines with an x-acto knife. But the point is that we shouldn't have to do that kind of stuff. Unpainted rims make the nicest looking Transformer car look like you parked it overnight in a really bad neighborhood. It's fucking disheartening.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I will probably end up buying a subscription for the MOTU Classics 2.0. :annoyed:
I think I remember thinking that the trap jaw 2.0 in the email I got looked awesome...sure its not even a proto but if it is rad and you're subscribed and are allowed to buy one or more than If you wanted it? I could give you five or something dollars?

took me like 45 minutes to find http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=9102 so I could remember why I even considered.
that red beast man too. whats a powercon? bleh found more info..doesn't even look cool and its a convention.

sdcc15_f_panel_matty11.jpg
maybe not. But, I don't remember the email one looking lame?

Snake Mountain boombox twice as tall as that 300$grayskull???
sdcc15_f_panel_matty18.jpg
http://www.oafe.net/blog/2015/07/sdcc-2015-mattypalooza/

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Try using a paint pen instead of a brush. That will give you much more control. Just make sure you get a really good one from Posca, KRINK, or Molotow and practice a bit. If you don't know how much paint to feed into the nib, it can get drippy. That's what she said.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Try using a paint pen instead of a brush. That will give you much more control. Just make sure you get a really good one from Posca, KRINK, or Molotow and practice a bit. If you don't know how much paint to feed into the nib, it can get drippy. That's what she said.
No, empty a paint pen into a small dish and then use a small brush. A brush will give you way more control and cleaner edges than a paint pen nib.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I think I remember thinking that the trap jaw 2.0 in the email I got looked awesome...sure its not even a proto but if it is rad and you're subscribed and are allowed to buy one or more than If you wanted it? I could give you five or something dollars?
With a subscription you only get one of each figure. You also get early access to the store before non subscribers get a chance to buy them but those figures can be gone within minutes. It may be better to just get a subscription and sell whichever figure you don't want to keep.

Also, keep in mind that what they showed so far are prototypes only. The final versions always have slightly darker colours and generally look better.

fake

15 Year Member
No, empty a paint pen into a small dish and then use a small brush. A brush will give you way more control and cleaner edges than a paint pen nib.

How small are the wheels? For really small things I'll just dab a paint pen on and then brush it in with my smallest brush.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Just a couple of cool things I ran across this morning at a toy review site I frequent:

The first is a custom, transforming dog-sized Ravage and suit case, made by "compute146".

ravage1.jpg

ravage2.jpg

And the second is a funny Pop-Tarts take on Han Solo in carbonite, made by FalconToys. It was for sale, but they're all sold out now.

hand solo pop arts1.jpg

hand solo pop arts2.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Any of you Doll collectors have any of the HMM Zoid sets? I'm considering one for a nephew that's quite good at lego, and I'm thinking it would be a good challenge.

Looking for something that has some mechanical bits and it's not just a model like the Gundam sets.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Maybe your nephew would enjoy an Erector set? It's a different beast than LEGO, but you get a real sense of "Wow, I really made something." after putting in all those nuts and screws.

This is the last one I bought, a simple monster truck with a pull-back motor. This particular one is a cheap knockoff brand, but it amounts to the same thing.

ERC_monster_truck2_zpspl27hpxs.jpg

ERC_monster_truck3_zpsnybazn9z.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
The Erector set was my first entry into building type toys. My Grandfather purchased a set for me and I loved every moment playing it! I later purchase a ton of Construx toys which I still have.

@M

20 Year Member
Yup, Construx were awesome. The only downside to them is that, in my experience, the long girders had a tendency to crack/split over time with repeated usage.

They're long gone, but I believe that this 2-pack is the one I had as a kid:

construx 2-pack.jpg

I found a big plastic bag full of Construx pieces, at one of the local thrift stores, for $5, a few months back, and I would have bought them, but they were absolutely filthy and I sure as hell wasn't going to spend hours scrubbing and cleaning all of the individual components.

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
I collect action figures and high end action figures too! Does anyone collect Hot Toys, Enterbay, ThreeZero, ThreeA, or Sideshow collectible stuff?