Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Bill is the wrong color - he's supposed to be blue.

Other than that, they're awesome.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Awesome stuff and long overdue! I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be great if NECA did some baddies from the games too--of course, you can always throw some xenomorphs at them, as Konami used that monster aesthetic quite a bit in those games.

@M

20 Year Member
Vin Diesel pimping Street Sharks at the 1994 Toy Fair--he's come a long way, baby!

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Anybody ordered the hateful eight figures.
They look absolutely stunning.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I don't necessarily collect Tous but I do get severe cravings to own certain ones. Like the Marvel Build a Figure of PITT, want one so bad but they've gotten stupid expensive.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I don't necessarily collect Tous but I do get severe cravings to own certain ones. Like the Marvel Build a Figure of PITT, want one so bad but they've gotten stupid expensive.

You mean PITT from image comics right? That wasn't from a Marvel set it was the short lived Worlds greatest comic characters or something like that line, it had 2 series and had characters like Marv from Sin City or Madman, they may have been done by the same people who put out the Marvel Legends line though so I guess technically it is a Marvel figure as they own ToyBiz, I really wanted those figures back in the day but was broke and they quickly disappeared

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wouldn't mind a Ripclaw TMF figure, mind as well get Shadow Hawk as well...Ripclaw and Warblade were so awesome...good times...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
You mean PITT from image comics right? That wasn't from a Marvel set it was the short lived Worlds greatest comic characters or something like that line, it had 2 series and had characters like Marv from Sin City or Madman, they may have been done by the same people who put out the Marvel Legends line though so I guess technically it is a Marvel figure as they own ToyBiz, I really wanted those figures back in the day but was broke and they quickly disappeared

That's the right PITT alright. He's an all time favorite of mine man.

@M

20 Year Member
Pitt was the Build-a-Figure for Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz) first wave of Legendary Comic Book Heroes. The BAF for the second wave was Monkey Man (O'Brien was also available in that wave too). The third series would have had a cool Conan the Barbarian Frost Giant as the BAF, but, alas, the line went belly-up and it never materialized. That Pitt figure is indeed bad-ass; I'm glad I got mine when the entire wave was on clearance. Like I said before, hit up some thrift stores, flea markets, etc., you might find one for cheap.

@Electricgrave: Said LCBH line had a good Ripclaw figure in the first wave too (WAY better articulated than the McFarlane one).

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Pitt was the Build-a-Figure for Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz) first wave of Legendary Comic Book Heroes. The BAF for the second wave was Monkey Man (O'Brien was also available in that wave too). The third series would have had a cool Conan the Barbarian Frost Giant as the BAF, but, alas, the line went belly-up and it never materialized. That Pitt figure is indeed bad-ass; I'm glad I got mine when the entire wave was on clearance. Like I said before, hit up some thrift stores, flea markets, etc., you might find one for cheap.

@Electricgrave: Said LCBH line had a good Ripclaw figure in the first wave too (WAY better articulated than the McFarlane one).

they also had Judge Dredd and Death and a two pack of Clown Face and Panda from Bodybags, that line was bad fucking ass

Anyways I've got a couple nendoroids on the way, one of Mega Man and one of Kirby, the Mega Man looks like the same version from my beloved Powered Up

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
googled it and ugh, of course they're NECA figures, I hate NECA figures

Why the hate for NECA? I like their product choices at the very least (PotA, Contra, 8bit games/character line.)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Why the hate for NECA? I like their product choices at the very least (PotA, Contra, 8bit games/character line.)

Yeah, Im confused too. They're basically the kings of licensed figures...

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent

They've got wonderful licenses my problem is the quality of their toys, and I understand that it's likely to keep prices down but I wouldn't hate them if they upped the price to make the quality of their sculpts more impressive, the best figures I've ever gotten my hands on are the ones from Japan and they blow anything NECA has to offer out of the water, they also tend to go for at least 30 dollars more than your standard NECA figure but it's a difference you can see just by holding the thing in your hands

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
While I'm at it I'm not much of a fan of Funko either for the same reason, the only pop toy I have is a Gir I picked up at Hot Topic years ago and his paoint has since smeared and the seems where his head attaches to his body is ugly as hell

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Anybody remember when Marvel Legends figures were 8 bucks and came with a comic? truly it was a golden age

fake

15 Year Member
What you buy from Japan is likely made in Japan so the quality control is much higher than something from a US figure producer which has their products manufactured in China. I've never seen an issue with the sculpting or molding itself from NECA, though to be fair that type of toy isn't my area of expertise. It sounds more like anything that you just aren't their target. You're going to have to go for Hot Toyz if you're looking for something photo-accurate (and priced much higher).

Funko blow. They're diluting the vinyl toy scene with too many licensed products and zero inspiration. They're the definition of cookie cutter design and are the Atari 2600 ET of vinyl. Funko? More like Fukno.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Funko are just the new Mighty Muggs. Cute cheap licensed junk.

Hot Toys and Sideshow put out some pretty nice stuff as far as main stream licensing goes but it's overpriced considering how many they sell.. The new Beetlejuice figure is like $250 and the additional tombstone which should be included is $125 extra. Every company has QC issues. Bandai, Yamato, Takara, Threea, SE etc. The stuff with the lowest problem rate is the Japanese designer/sofubi vinyl. But those are for the most part small, non-posable, single piece molds.

The asian indie 1/6 scene is getting pretty crazy now. But those guys are only selling extremely small quantities so they can oversee every piece.

I've also heard really good things about the Acid Rain line.

fake

15 Year Member
Funko are just the new Mighty Muggs. Cute cheap licensed junk.

Hot Toys and Sideshow put out some pretty nice stuff as far as main stream licensing goes but it's overpriced considering how many they sell.. The new Beetlejuice figure is like $250 and the additional tombstone which should be included is $125 extra. Every company has QC issues. Bandai, Yamato, Takara, Threea, SE etc. The stuff with the lowest problem rate is the Japanese designer/sofubi vinyl. But those are for the most part small, non-posable, single piece molds.

The asian indie 1/6 scene is getting pretty crazy now. But those guys are only selling extremely small quantities so they can oversee every piece.

I've also heard really good things about the Acid Rain line.

I think all those brands you listed are made in China though...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Anybody remember when Marvel Legends figures were 8 bucks and came with a comic? truly it was a golden age

Those were the fucking days man, although I swear I remember them being $5, cuz I got a $5 allowance and would blow it on X-men and Ninja Turtle toys as often as my rents would take me to Tous R Us

@M

20 Year Member
I don't get the criticism of NECA either. Other than some breakage issues with the joints on their recent DC stuff (Reeves Superman in particular), they've been firing on all cylinders in my opinion. They've become the company McFarlane Toys should have.

While Funko's stuff doesn't appeal to me personally, from a design/aesthetic standpoint, their products are very popular, so I think they're going to around for quite a while.

With prices always climbing, I often wonder why the toy industry doesn't crash (not that I want it to or anything). The cost bump started with the economic downturn and corresponding increase in oil prices (high oil was the primary reason most toy manufactueres cited for jacking up their costs), but, of course, with oil much lower these days, we haven't seen any corresponding relief on sticker prices for toys.

I don't argue that a Marvel Legend figure shouldn't cost more in 2016, due to inflation, but an almost 300% increase since the mid-2000s ($7 --> $20) is complete bullshit in my opinion.