Armored Core 6

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
So there's finally some actual gameplay footage out. Though it doesn't have the HUD turned on for some reason.

Looks pretty interesting imo. Obviously not a technical marvel but still good looking with great art direction. That's how From do.

They definitely added in a heavy dose of mechanics from their newer games but it still looks like it's definitely its own thing and an evolution to the series. I only played a couple of the older AC games on the PS2 and even though they were interesting the controls were not well optimized and remember them feeling frustratingly clunky. Which kept me from playing the games enough to get deep into the mech customization. I know they got a lot better in the later games but I just never bothered with them.

Judging by this little bit the gameplay looks really solid and I'm sure the customization will be pretty wild.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Last one I played was Armoured Core 2 on PS2. It was the tits.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The last one I played was 3 but as far as mech games go I'd rather a new Front Mission. You get all the customization without the RTB.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I'm a simple man. I see motherfuckers getting kicked off a cliff, I hit like.

I have 4 Answer, but somehow missed 5 coming out. Multiple people have told me I didn't miss anything though (shrug).

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm getting this. I've been waiting forever for a new AC. I hope yall post your builds like the old game mags.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The last one I played was 3 but as far as mech games go I'd rather a new Front Mission. You get all the customization without the RTB.
I need to play the remake of the first FM.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I am going to buy AC6 probably later next month, I’m going to give Starfield a go and if it’s shit I’ll buy AC6.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fuck me, man, gotta re-start this up a bit: game is good, but it is hard as balls, and not in the usual Fromsoft way. Director is the same guy that directed combat in Sekiro, and it shows, you have this weird stagger meter for the semi- and real bosses, and to do any real damage to them you have to deplete it completely and then just go HAM for the, sheeit, like 8-10 seconds or so after, or you get zero damage (it is seriously a tiny window).

So, one, your build has to be tuned to be able to withstand damage from two/three shot max kills from the boss (often with adds, frequently invisible until you scan or get in close range), then also be able to manage boost to get close enough but also not overheat if you get hit (you're fucking dead in this case every time), stagger the boss, get enough damage, retreat, repeat.

It's oddly compelling and also incredibly irritating. So basically Sekiro-like. Stages are short, so you're never losing too much progress at once, but the checkpoints are just far enough apart to make things annoying. Bosses feel like they're based a little too much on builds than on skills, which is not great.

And I can't really put my finger on it, but the margin for error in AR6FoR feels like it's just tiny. One bad shot leads to overheat leads to death. Gets tiring.

It's worth playing but it's a 7.5/10, and for From, yeah.