Ash Vs Evil Dead

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Alright you primitive screw heads listen up! The first episode of Ash vs Evil Dead just dropped today and I want to know your feedback.

Personally The first ep was a lot of fun. with a bunch of jump scares, Ash's buffoonery and laying waste on every deadite he encounters, I can't wait for the next. I also found out it has been renewed for a 2nd season so lets see how this show turns out. It's gonna be a bloody ride!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I've been really looking forward to this series. Fuck me...no STARZ..no cable TV!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I was just saying earlier today I wanted to re-watch the movies before starting the series.

Might have to do that this week, pretty sure my wife hasn't seen the movies. Not sure it's her cup of tea, but she likes horror movies...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I didn't realize it aired already. Downloading now!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Downloading immediately

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh hai. I shall support by my download.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Downloaded all 3 Ash films... plus newest TV ep...

...Let's get FRUITY!

xROTx

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Army of Darkness, give or take, is pretty much my favorite film of all time...

So, with that said, I'll be watching this for sure*

*= whenever I can find a way to watch it figuring I do not have a way at this moment...

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Oh wow I can't believe they fit all that epic into 41 minutes, really it's movie quality.
Couch tuner for those who don't have Starz (sure nobody)
I was kind of disappointed that the Evil Dead remake wasn't campy but this more than makes up for it.
Anybody know a service that streams The Adventures of Brisco County Jr?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oh wow I can't believe they fit all that epic into 41 minutes, really it's movie quality.
Couch tuner for those who don't have Starz (sure nobody)
I was kind of disappointed that the Evil Dead remake wasn't campy but this more than makes up for it.
Anybody know a service that streams The Adventures of Brisco County Jr?

Its teh sexual...

xROTx

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Everything I hoped it would be.

We got Ash being a dipshit narcissist. We got a Three Stooges slapstick scene. We got Bruce Campbell doing Bruce Campbell things. We got some great Deadite moments (the contortionist, the old lady talking shit). If they can keep up this pace (admittedly difficult) and keep the bad CG to a relative minimum (tough on a TV budget), this could be an all-time classic and a worthy end to Ash's story.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Everything I hoped it would be.

We got Ash being a dipshit narcissist. We got a Three Stooges slapstick scene. We got Bruce Campbell doing Bruce Campbell things. We got some great Deadite moments (the contortionist, the old lady talking shit). If they can keep up this pace (admittedly difficult) and keep the bad CG to a relative minimum (tough on a TV budget), this could be an all-time classic and a worthy end to Ash's story.

I enjoyed it too... I feel this is a series i can get into... whilst waiting for Banshee season 4...

xROTx

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I am loving it so far. So glad my parents have Starz with Direct TV and I just open the Starz Play app on my Xbox 360 using their account.

BTW, they did a movie marathon on the 30th and then aired the first episode right after. You actually didn't have to wait till Halloween night to watch it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The Evil Dead films have been favourites of mine since I was about 9 years old. I really can't explain how happy this first episode made me, I had a grin on my face the entire 40 minutes. It really was everything I had hoped it would be, I just hope the quality doesn't drop without Raimi directing the rest of the series.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Was super pleased with how the first episode turned out.

I am also thrilled that decided to stay with practical effects rather than loading it down with boring CG.

And the fact the editing and general atmosphere feel very much like the movies, especially Army of Darkness. It almost looks like its from the early 90s.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Yeah it was a blast, funny and gory, and it's great to see bruce campbell on top form, i hope they can keep up the standard for the whole of the series, it sure as hell made up for the remake which was average at best, i went to the flics to see it and to say i was disappointed would be an understatement.
Slightly off topic i've got a soft spot for a few of bruce campbell's films, bubba ho tep and my name is bruce are two i've watched a lot over the years, he does do a banging elvis.

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Episode 2 just dropped. Good episode but man it felt short. Now to wait a whole week for the next. Bah!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Episode 2 just dropped. Good episode but man it felt short. Now to wait a whole week for the next. Bah!

Just a half hour long, i was disappointed, thought all the episodes would be the same length as the first, still, it was a great watch and it looks like we may be getting lucy lawless joining in next week, judging by the spoiler at the end, can't wait.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I was impressed the second episode didnt drop in quality too much. Since Raimi only directed the first episode. The conversation at the dinner table was amazing.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Just finished watching - I grinned all the way through just like the first episode.

But....it's not long enough for me to watch it week in week out, I reckon I'm going to wait for the season to finish then come back and binge watch it.

Anyone know how well it's doing ratings-wise so far? I'd love to see this get a second season.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just finished watching - I grinned all the way through just like the first episode.

But....it's not long enough for me to watch it week in week out, I reckon I'm going to wait for the season to finish then come back and binge watch it.

Anyone know how well it's doing ratings-wise so far? I'd love to see this get a second season.

They already got signed for a second season.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Any advice on where to watch it if you're stuck in a shitty country that isn't showing it? I found a good stream of episode 1 but I'm struggling with episode 2. I never stream or download stuff, so I don't know what sites to use, but I have no choice this time.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Enjoyed the second episode but definitely left wanting more with only a half hour.

"Oh good... I was starting to feel like a real dick".

StevenK

10 Year Member
Any advice on where to watch it if you're stuck in a shitty country that isn't showing it? I found a good stream of episode 1 but I'm struggling with episode 2. I never stream or download stuff, so I don't know what sites to use, but I have no choice this time.

Not sure if we're supposed to post up links to torrents etc on here - probably not - but if you're stuck download something like utorrent, install that, I'll pm you a torrent link to episode 2.