Best Windows NT OS

Best Windows NT OS

• Total voters

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The first Windows NT gets a vote because it supported Alpha. (My first job was in Digital's old building so Alpha has a soft spot for me)

Windows 2K was the OS all the smart folk used in college, far more stable then windows 98.

I also was fond of Windows 7, its a great Bootcamp OS, and very snappy with virtualization compared to XP.

XP...

2rd83.jpg

Uses a lot of mammary.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Windows 7 for me. Aside from being very stable, fast, more secure, and the first true replacement for XP in both the consumer and business sector, it also provides the cleanest user experience. Everything is homogenized well and works intuitively (well, as intuitive as Windows gets anyways).

Windows 8 was a disaster, although a good idea in theory, and 8.1 fixed a lot of the problems with it though it fundamentally still exists in two worlds.

Windows 10 suffers from that same problem as well, where there's still lots of undercooked features (I'm looking at you Settings panel) that require you to still use the Windows 7 style applications to get shit done. There's also the fact that it tracks almost everything you do. I'd highly recommend running this utility to turn most (or all) of that garbage off.

https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases/tag/v3.0.1

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
windows 10 is incredibly bad.. its like a half-assed freeware iphone app with built-in pop-ups & paywalled features, that crashes every 5 minutes,

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Windows Server 2016 TP 5. I shouldn't even be surprised that celt goes and puts some pedo picture in here.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Windows Server 2016 TP 5. I shouldn't even be surprised that celt goes and puts some pedo picture in here.

I figured nobody actually cared about Windows Server, that and there wasn't enough room in this consumer-centric Windows NT poll. Windows Server can be the next poll.

Fygee

20 Year Member
windows 10 is incredibly bad.. its like a half-assed freeware iphone app with built-in pop-ups & paywalled features, that crashes every 5 minutes,

I've had it since launch and its only ever crashed on me twice, both times being due to a bad driver.

There aren't any paywalled features or things like that. Its actually very well featured, though like I mentioned its sometimes required to go to the old Windows 7 apps (e.g. Control Panel) to get proper functionality for certain things.

There's also the Notification Center which can generate informational pop-ups, but that can be turned off if desired.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My experience with Windows 2000 is fairly limited. I picked NT4, XP, Vista and 7. NT3 and NT 3.51 I have used a lot but do not really see much difference in them between WFW 3.11.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Windows 2000 was basically a less shinier version of Windows XP. They're fraternal twins as operating systems go.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Windows 2000 was basically a less shinier version of Windows XP. They're fraternal twins as operating systems go.

They're internally numbered as Windows NT 5.0 and 5.1, they had better be fraternal twins.

Windows 2000 is a fantastic OS, its best feature is its small footprint. XP isn't too bad in SP0 and SP1, but it has been bloated ever since SP2. The only downside to Windows 2000 is significantly less software support than XP, which is really unfortunate. Early on, most software supported both 2000 and XP, then when Vista and 7 became well entrenched, software support was for XP/Vista/7.

The only other problem with Windows 2000 is it predates the backwards compatibility introduced with Windows XP, so like NT 4.0, its Windows 9x and DOS support is practically non-existent. Again, Windows NT and 9x are not the same thing.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I've had it since launch and its only ever crashed on me twice, both times being due to a bad driver.

There aren't any paywalled features or things like that. Its actually very well featured, though like I mentioned its sometimes required to go to the old Windows 7 apps (e.g. Control Panel) to get proper functionality for certain things.

There's also the Notification Center which can generate informational pop-ups, but that can be turned off if desired.
crashed twice

and those are only the bugs you've found so far..

Fygee

20 Year Member
As Windows releases go, having a PC only crash twice, both times due to a bad driver and not because of Windows itself, is pretty damn amazing for its first year of life.

Its been almost a year now and if there's two things I can say for it, its stable and fast.

Another thing to keep in mind is that unlike previous versions of Windows, new builds will be released that will allow for greater, more fundamental changes to it than previously allowed by staying with the same build for its lifetime.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Some serious imagination was involved with the OS-tans. This is Windows, on the left.

macandpc.jpg

Yeah I'm a big fan of Windows, always have been, but I have never, ever thought of Windows as an anime girl. That'd be like turning a car or a building or a printer or a gun into an anime girl.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Remember, this is Japan we're talking about.

They can turn any object into an anime girl.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Have they turned the AES, MVS, NGCD, Hyper 64 and NGPC into anime girls yet?

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Windows XP was the last one I was happy with and used before I switched to Mac on my personal computers. At work we are still using 7 because of compatibility issues with our software and it sucks.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Some serious imagination was involved with the OS-tans. This is Windows, on the left.

macandpc.jpg

Yeah I'm a big fan of Windows, always have been, but I have never, ever thought of Windows as an anime girl. That'd be like turning a car or a building or a printer or a gun into an anime girl.

Guns as anime girls....

Remember, this is Japan we're talking about.

They can turn any object into an anime girl.

Yup. And TBH For the most part aside from basing tit-size to OS memory usage, the OS-tans are fairly tame. Their strips are not only safe for work, but we used to have some of them in our cubes at the office.

Furthermore, M$ embraced it, they market windows 10 as an anime girl.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Yup. And TBH For the most part aside from basing tit-size to OS memory usage, the OS-tans are fairly tame. Their strips are not only safe for work, but we used to have some of them in our cubes at the office.

Furthermore, M$ embraced it, they market windows 10 as an anime girl.

Well, I guess one does learn something new everyday.

Vista must be Double D sized. :keke: