Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
So if he is found innocent does get any compensation for sitting in a jail for a year.

Given the situation, I seriously doubt any judge or jury in this country would find the court at fault for holding him without bail.

For one, the person in question has two prior felony convictions. That fact alone can get most people denied bail.

On top of that, the deceased in this charge was to be a witness against the defendant in a prior court case.

Sorry, but when you're out on bail and witnesses against you start turning up dead, the legal system raises an extra high eyebrow at you.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh you are right. 15 yrs to make the arrest.

I'll have to visit the war room on this one. I'm all intrigued and stuff. I need to know the background.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The trial seems very similar to how a trial I was a juror at last year went. No, there was no murder, but everything else is the same. This guy represented himself. He chose to wear his orange jump suit, even though he didn't have to. Like Waseem, he brought in a shit ton of papers. The case was years and years after he actually "did it." And yeah, he had a legal council just hanging out in the audience in case he needed help, which he did. It was a wreck. Not only was the guy guilty as fuck, but he had only prepared for the case by watching about three episodes of Matlock. It was pathetic.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have only played lawyer 3 times... And I haven't lost yet.

Once as a defendant in a civil infraction case.
Once as a plaintiff in a family court case.
Once as my GF's legal representative in an administrative law proceeding (unemployment appeal).

But man, those three times taught me realize how hard being your own lawyer can be... Especially in a serious case.

In all my cases I felt that I had a leg up on hiring a real lawyer since I had familiarity with the issues and participants. Much more than some $250 an hour attorney could have.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Did he try a bunch of tricks?

No, but here's all the things he did wrong.

Firstly, the case was over a MONTH. That's right, I was on jury duty for over a month. Thank god, my company paid me in full. :)

Anyhow, he would approach the stand when you can NOT. He learned that from TV, I'm guessing. He'd ask for numerous side bars. He never paid attention to the tons of paperwork and file numbers the prosecution would bring up, and then later ask them for THEIR papers, and not his own. He would ask for witnesses from many states away to be called upon for later questioning (just to drag out the inevitable).

I mean, one of the witnesses lived in Florida, but the case was in Illinois. The lady had a Down Syndrome adult son living with her, and it was a huge burden for her to have to stay here for weeks... but, he didn't care.

After a while, the judge really got fed up with his horrible defense. He asked questions that had NOTHING to do with his guilt/innocence. It took him a few days to know the difference between "sustained" and "over ruled." Instead of asking questions, many times he'd make statements to the person on the witness stand as if they were truth. He'd go for a minute making a statement, but not actually ask something at the end. The judge, countless times, told us to "ignore this" and "ignore that."

Hopefully, Bibliphile has more common sense than that. However, defending yourself like this? Without knowing anything about the case, I'd say he's pretty much fucked.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I liked Bibs... tbh.... he use to come into chat and we'd have a laugh....

I didn't want to believe this when i heard it... so did some of the forums...

We like to protect our own and all.... but let's be totally honest here...

He looks like a bit of a whacko killer... and i'm having serious doubts about inviting anyone from the forums over to stay with Jan and I....

xROTx

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
ive got a weird question maybe, but what happens to his belongings at his home?

i made a trade with him when i first joined the site, mostly some soundtracks, to get my first neo geo cd system and a game.

is there any way i could get those things back?

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
wow, srsly?

i mean, i hope everything works out for the best for him. but if he's in jail and he's going to stay there for.. how long? i dont think he is going to use those things and they kind of hold sentimental value to me.

if i could contact him and ask him for myself, i would do that, but i dont think i have that chance right now.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Of course, man.

When someone is in jail, you have the right to go to their house and start cherry-picking anything you want. It's the law.

Cassius

Benji, everyone loves Benji!
I liked Bibs... tbh.... he use to come into chat and we'd have a laugh....

I didn't want to believe this when i heard it... so did some of the forums...

We like to protect our own and all.... but let's be totally honest here...

He looks like a bit of a whacko killer... and i'm having serious doubts about inviting anyone from the forums over to stay with Jan and I....

xROTx

that really hurts buddy :crying:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Of course, man.

When someone is in jail, you have the right to go to their house and start cherry-picking anything you want. It's the law.

Fuck yeah.

I thought this was common knowledge.

I already have my plane ticket (and cargo van) ready.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
i think some of you guys have the wrong idea about my question.

it's not like i would go into his house and take things and say hey, he's in jail, why not? that's just dumb.

and this is also something i had on my mind ever since i made the trade. i was very excited to get my hands on a neo geo cd for the first time and traded away some things that i had in my possession for a long time and they mean something to me in a weird way.

i would be more than happy to buy everything back at a price. also, these items are his property so, he can do anything he wants them as well. if he has them in storage or gives them to family or whatever he wants.

not only that, he is my brother in islam and i hope God will work these things out for him and his situation and everybody who is affected.

it's just a question i had, so i hope there is no misunderstandings.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
i mean, i hope everything works out for the best for him. but if he's in jail and he's going to stay there for.. how long? i dont think he is going to use those things and they kind of hold sentimental value to me.

This is rather warped in a sociopathic kinda way, seriously man.

Even if he is guilty and gets death row, what you traded him is his property.

Reminds me of people who show up shortly after a funeral looking for handouts of the deceased property. Well, they're dead, can I have some of their stuff ? Normally that one stray relative no one saw for years just popping back up.

It's like a looter taking advantage of a horrible situation looking for free shit.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I originally misinterpreted Grandmaster's post in the way most of you did, but he has since clarified that he is interested in purchasing back the items.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
ive got a weird question maybe, but what happens to his belongings at his home?

i made a trade with him when i first joined the site, mostly some soundtracks, to get my first neo geo cd system and a game.

is there any way i could get those things back?

You can probably get in contact with his brother. I know they are selling his cabs to help pay for legal fees and stuff. Try PMing ElectricGrave and maybe you can buy them back through his brother.