Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't see how anybody could've misinterpreted what he said. All he stated was that was interested in being able to get stuff he sold to him back, since Waseem will probably never use them anymore. Did people think he really just wanted to get a shopping cart and load up on things in his house without dropping a dime or something?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
I'm pretty sure most people understand his intentions. I just phrased a response in a ludicrous way to emphasize the absurdity of his concerns. Like, is it really that important to get back your sentimental (?) gaming merchandise that you're going to contact the family of a man fighting for his life so that you can buy it all back?

Who cares.

EDIT: Although, upon further consideration, Bibliophile may very well soon be in the situation that most of his gear will need to be sold anyway.

Clessy

Banned
Imho the whole thing sounds like a load of shit. Its 15 years later. They're just now trying to make something happen? Sounds to me like he made some mistakes in the past and now he's gonna get fucked for those mistakes here. Its gonna be near impossable to prove his innocence without good laywers. I just dont know why he's going it alone. If he's really innocent you'd think he's rather loose all his money than his freedom. Shit ionno whats worse though. In prision with food and shelter or hopeless homeless and broke but, free.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is rather warped in a sociopathic kinda way, seriously man.

Even if he is guilty and gets death row, what you traded him is his property.

Reminds me of people who show up shortly after a funeral looking for handouts of the deceased property. Well, they're dead, can I have some of their stuff ? Normally that one stray relative no one saw for years just popping back up.

It's like a looter taking advantage of a horrible situation looking for free shit.

To be fair, he's saying he will pay for what he sold him, he just wants the option of buying it back. I feel that way about a lot of things I sold over the years.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
hahaha, I don't blame Grandmaster too much- it just goes to show the freakazoid attachment many (most) of us go through sometimes with our Neo and gaming collectibles. If his post were baiting satire, I would have a new hero. I still have a bunch of home carts I keep carefully stored even though I haven't even had a working system to play them on in a couple of years. I mean, I would never even think about selling my Ninja Master's cart, and I went through times where I was selling my entire DVD collection and almost all of my games. (My NMaster's cart is my special little friend, no one can hear it speak or know it's thoughts but me! Stay away from it, it's not dead- don't EVER say that again or I'll cut your eyes out! No ...it's only sleeping. My special friend is only sleeping! Gahhh .... huh... huh... my pills ... where are they...)

Maybe it's just the part of Waseem's personality that eventually attached itself to retro-gaming and the Neo that's responsible for the murders. Who's to say all of us aren't capable of sneaking into someone's house and stabbing the fuck out of them until they are just so much butchered meat?

At least he committed a crime(s) that is- while awful and disturbing- relatively fascinating instead of just paying a hitman to grease his wife or beating his grandparents to death with a rake. And guilty or not, he didn't drown his five kids in the family bathtub or lock them in the trunk of his car and send them into a fucking lake.

What do you prefer we have bragging rights to here at N-G.com? Think about it- Andrea Yates or Hannibal Lector? I'll take a side of fava beans with my stabbing victims on this one.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
On a more serious note, after reading the story, I think his loony side is showing and that there's a good chance he's (at least somewhat) got some kind of mental disorder. And/OR theory #2 (see below).

If he really has had multiple people repeatedly explaining to him what a suicidal farce defending yourself in a murder trial is- then he's going against it anyway and that is a window into the workings of his personality and brain. Freakin' TED BUNDY did this 'defending yourself' shit too, and Waseem likely knows this if he's not delusional or disassociated from reality in some way. C'mon- the guy was the defendant in a trial and accused of a psycho style murder. Unless the whole thing was so painful he consciously refused to listen to stuff about trials and serial killers and stuff- (or living in a cave that allowed him to commute regularly to work in his family's furniture store) then he would have heard about Bundy.

This says A) he mustn't be able to comprehend reality very well, B) he has a superiority complex and greatly overestimated sense of his ability to do something others cannot, or C) he has that sociopath-type faith in his ability to manipulate people like Ted Bundy had.

Theory #2: Maybe because of the way the system works and the idea that public defenders don't know what the fuck they're talking about the way high-end defense attorneys do (a common semi-misconception), he's never been made fully aware of the ridiculousness of doing what he's doing.

If he is one or all of the A,B or C choices, it'd go a long way to explain how he would have been capable of the murders so long ago. And just because you're nuts and killed someone because of your being nuts years ago- it doesn't necessarily mean there's some trail of bodies out there buried in shallow graves or underneath his house either. A lot of (usually mild) sociopath/psychopath types are relatively safe to be around. They are not so delusional to not realize the consequences of getting caught or the fact society deems it 'wrong'. Some may be able to feel guilt and remorse and know themselves that harming others is (at least in part) wrong.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i think some of you guys have the wrong idea about my question.

it's not like i would go into his house and take things and say hey, he's in jail, why not? that's just dumb.

and this is also something i had on my mind ever since i made the trade. i was very excited to get my hands on a neo geo cd for the first time and traded away some things that i had in my possession for a long time and they mean something to me in a weird way.

i would be more than happy to buy everything back at a price. also, these items are his property so, he can do anything he wants them as well. if he has them in storage or gives them to family or whatever he wants.

not only that, he is my brother in islam and i hope God will work these things out for him and his situation and everybody who is affected.

it's just a question i had, so i hope there is no misunderstandings.

Allah.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
The obvious absurdity of your response was perfect, and helped diffuse an otherwise incendiary remark.. Whether bibs needs the funds or not, it would be in extremely bad taste to attempt what you want to attempt (grandmaster) and needs no further encouragement.. imho.

You are extremely annoying.

Clessy

Banned
Maybe you are new to this country, but he doesn't have to prove his innocence.
Maybe you're new to this country. If you think its innocent until proven guilty you're an idiot. Shit I guess you've never been to any traffic court. Get a laywer get out of it. Defend yourself and you're guilty. Thats are legal system in a nut shell. If you've got the money you can get out of it if not you're fucked.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Maybe you are new to this country, but he doesn't have to prove his innocence.

When you're sitting in a courtroom charged with murder, tell the jury "this is America, I don't have to prove my innocence".

Yeah, you're suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, but that person known as the prosecutor is loading the jury up to prove your guilt. Thus, you......prove you're innocent to the jury.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
When you're sitting in a courtroom charged with murder, tell the jury "this is America, I don't have to prove my innocence".

Yeah, you're suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, but that person known as the prosecutor is loading the jury up to prove your guilt. Thus, you......prove you're innocent to the jury.

Multiply this by 2 if you're black or latino.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Multiply this by 2 if you're black or latino.

Multiply by 4 when you're a middle eastern muslim being tried in a county that's considered the baptist capital of the state.

I'm actually amazed they waited till they had DNA evidence to bring him to trial. Even without the DNA, just the circumstantial evidence probably would of gotten them a guilty verdict. Had they known he would have choosen to defend himself without a lawyer they'd of charged him the day after it happened.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
they did make him serve 10 years on a stalking charge.

Something was seriously fucked up there.

What's a black on black homicide get you in Metro Atlanta?
10 years (and out in 6)?

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
The Ted Bundy comparisons aren't accurate because Ted Bundy was an actual attorney and presumably had some idea of what the fuck he was doing.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
they did make him serve 10 years on a stalking charge.

Something was seriously fucked up there.

10 years (and out in 6)?

yeah, but there is a lot of press. So he's in for a long sentence if found guilty.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

When I served on jury duty last time, this is exactly the first thing out of the defense attorney's mouth.

Kinda bummed I wasn't selected for that jury, looked like an interesting case. It was 2 prison guards on trial. One for beating an inmate half to death, the other for helping cover it up and hiding evidence. Damn I was interested in that case.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
So he's in for a long sentence if found guilty.

A guilty verdict in his case will tie together a chain of events. From stalking, to murdering a female witness in front of their child to get out of it, to nearly killing the child.

You gotta be realistic, the second he ditched his lawyer he sealed his fate. Not guilty is no longer an option on the table.

He either takes a plea deal for life + no parole or he gets this....

LethalInjectionTable.jpg

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
10 years (and out in 6)?

In Georgia you must serve 80% of a sentence if it's of a violent nature. 1st degree murder will get you life at minimum. 25 years, must serve 80% of it.

Noted..this must serve 80% Law only applies to men. Women can be open for parole in violent crimes after 33% of their sentence.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Is there a good summary of the charges and evidence against him? All I've seen are a few news reports on the web.