Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

aria

Former Moderator
From a general, legal point of view, in the quote below I think the lawyers here did a good job with an otherwise testy judge (judges make mistakes all the time, which is why we have the appeals system--appeals are only on questions of the application of law, not fact). Seems like they were able to make their case in the chambers discussion.

“The heavens won’t fall if there’s a slight continuance. We need about 90 days. … The state spent 14 years developing this case. We’ve had 14 days. We can’t get it done. I’m worried about my client having a fair trial. I’m worried about justice.”

Howe, a senior judge from Douglas County who was appointed to this case by an administrative judge, initially agreed with the state.

“It seems to me that much of Mr. Daker’s self-made defense has been to delay and obfuscate,” he said in ordering the trial to proceed. But after conferring behind closed doors with the lawyers for about 45 minutes, Howe reversed that ruling.

I guess we'll need to hear more.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Anyone have a web PACER account? My access is gone...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The most important piece of the article is in the comments section where Bill Deleo exposes his massive hard on for Waseem. It's been raging too long, he should see a doctor.

aria

Former Moderator
On the off chance it might help, I just emailed the reporter on that February piece to see if she's heard anything more.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
From a general, legal point of view, in the quote below I think the lawyers here did a good job with an otherwise testy judge (judges make mistakes all the time, which is why we have the appeals system--appeals are only on questions of the application of law, not fact). Seems like they were able to make their case in the chambers discussion.
I guess we'll need to hear more.

I think I posted it in a different thread, but I assumed that the prosecution talked the judge out of his own (decision behind closed doors).

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I wonder if this is his jailer

477906-big_boss_man.jpg

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
they did make him serve 10 years on a stalking charge.

Something was seriously fucked up there.

Actually, this sounds about right.

Do you know how many women who get murdered were previously stalked by their killer ? Ever read the evidence against him on his stalking conviction ? It was amongst the most insane level of stalking a human could ever get.

Judges don't play with stalkers. They've judged too many murder cases in which the dead chick in the case could of been saved, had they stopped her killer early.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Actually, this sounds about right.

Do you know how many women who get murdered were previously stalked by their killer ? Ever read the evidence against him on his stalking conviction ? It was amongst the most insane level of stalking a human could ever get.

Judges don't play with stalkers. They've judged too many murder cases in which the dead chick in the case could of been saved, had they stopped her killer early.

Yeah, and if he actually did murder this woman and stab her child.... Ten years obviously wasn't enough. Some crazy stuff. This article really put the events of the day in sharper focus. That was some incredibly sick shit, killing and lying in wait in the downstairs apartment (with assumed sexual deviance with either a tied up or dead woman). Creepy shit.

aria

Former Moderator
Yeah, and if he actually did murder this woman and stab her child.... Ten years obviously wasn't enough. Some crazy stuff. This article really put the events of the day in sharper focus. That was some incredibly sick shit, killing and lying in wait in the downstairs apartment (with assumed sexual deviance with either a tied up or dead woman). Creepy shit.

I just wish we had some idea of his defense..

I mean, since he had a past relationship with this woman, it's possible hair could've been in the space. Of course if the kid IDed him, well you can't get better ID than that. What did the kid see? Of course, the kid may not have seen anything given the circumstances.

Then again, if he did the creepy shit before who knows.

I really want to know more.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
On the off chance it might help, I just emailed the reporter on that February piece to see if she's heard anything more.

hahaha, I actually did that a few weeks ago. She said it was set for trial in Sept.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
She's ignored me :(

It's really clear she's personally already condemned Waseem as guilty. Maybe she's not willing to humor any questions that don't accept this as the only clear outcome.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Ever read the evidence against him on his stalking conviction ? It was amongst the most insane level of stalking a human could ever get.

I find it weird that the stalking case was for the woman upstairs...not the woman murdered.

Tacitus

Staff member
When I think of the tragedy of this case, I think of all those cabs that will be dusty and broken when he gets out in 60 years.

The bit rot that will kill the boards in storage, the batteries leaking...

It's a modern american tragedy.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I consider it a privilege to have met this Neo Geo legend...

...and survived.

Tacitus

Staff member
Does anyone still have the insane list of rules he gave to people when they came to his get together?