Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
He walked up as a few of the guys were playing Elevator Action Returns on the Taito F3.

He stood there and watched for a second, then he said, "Whoa! That looks cool! Who brought that?"

One of the guys responded, "Um... this is yours Waseem."

"Oh... cool!"

I've done this before, it's really bad when you don't know what you actually have on-hand :(

On another note, I was going to see about buying a candy from him right before he went to jail... fucking sucks because Candy Cabs are not easy to come by here. Woodys, vintage dedi-machines, and bemani no fucking problem, you want a fucking candy down here? Too fucking bad they cost twice what they're worth.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm just saying I don't care about pissing you off. Which is a good thing, because you're clearly mad, Jordan Atkins.

Haha, I'm not mad. Admittedly, I was mad a few days back when you first dropped my full name, but it's out there now. Saying it again and again doesn't matter at this point.

aria

Former Moderator
I've done this before, it's really bad when you don't know what you actually have on-hand :(

On another note, I was going to see about buying a candy from him right before he went to jail... fucking sucks because Candy Cabs are not easy to come by here. Woodys, vintage dedi-machines, and bemani no fucking problem, you want a fucking candy down here? Too fucking bad they cost twice what they're worth.

Maybe he can organize a group buy from prison. I hear he may have spare time.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
In a cake?

I'm guessing it's like this except there are carts being smuggled in and Waseem is cutting up dates and making cous cous.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I do think Waseem is likely guilty. It doesn't look good for him. That story is pretty horrible.

But I don't really see what's so psychotic about his rules for that meetup... You guys are talking about it like it contains his hidden confession. The ramblings of a madman? The requests of a person who doesn't want his shit to get smashed up. Nothing too crazy about that... I don't see it...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I do think Waseem is likely guilty. It doesn't look good for him. That story is pretty horrible.

But I don't really see what's so psychotic about his rules for that meetup... You guys are talking about it like it contains his hidden confession. The ramblings of a madman? The requests of a person who doesn't want his shit to get smashed up. Nothing too crazy about that... I don't see it...

Yeah, I agree. He comes off as pretty abrasive about certain things - the drinking, drugs, and smoking, specifically. But you have to have those rules when you're inviting strangers into your place. What would you do if that Starscream member showed up with a bucket of PopEyes that his wife got him? You'd instantly start worrying about a greasy Astro City.

aria

Former Moderator

I think people are kidding --the only people who would find a list like that too weird are kernows.

Tacitus

Staff member

Yes, the ramblings of a madman.

It's not the content per se', it's the amount of control and specificity that is disturbing.

If you're inviting people to your place, you're asking others to come over and put wear and tear on your stuff.

Showering? It's sort of a given that people will practice proper hygeine.. you don't have to say it.

Smoking and waiting outside? overcontrolling.

It's more a comment on his boundaries, expectations and view of others.

It doesn't stop at shit getting smashed up. Normal people would write it much differently.

My get togethers were similar in structure but I didn't put it out there like that. NORMAL people don't.

aria

Former Moderator

It's not the content per se', it's the amount of control and specificity that is disturbing.

If you're inviting people to your place, you're asking others to come over and put wear and tear on your stuff.

Showering? It's sort of a given that people will practice proper hygeine.. you don't have to say it.

It doesn't stop at shit getting smashed up. Normal people would write it much differently.

My get togethers were similar in structure but I didn't put it out there like that. NORMAL people don't.

I dunno, he's Muslim so I get wanting to clarify a lack of booze/drunkenness --especially when some gatherings that I've been to (ahem :emb: ) have involved getting drunk and perhaps rowdy with other people at the hotel (for some reason my own memories of these things is a little cloudy... :emb: ).

As for the shower thing, maybe he bought into the stereotype of gamers. Of the people I know who've met Leslie, one of the things that always comes up is the smell. :lolz:

It makes enforcing ground rules easier if you put them out there first.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
2lxbmx.gif

Because this needs to be quoted until the end of time.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
As for the shower thing, maybe he bought into the stereotype of gamers. Of the people I know who've met Leslie, one of the things that always comes up is the smell. :lolz:

He's real person? I thought it was a fake account.

Tacitus

Staff member
I never said I didn't have my own little quirks. ;)

That knife is for educational purposes only.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

"GROUND RULES

1) There will be zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol. If you do drugs, have enough sense to keep that fact a secret from me. If you drink, I can accept that, but I won’t have any alcohol present on this occasion.

2) Don't come high/drunk/hung over.

3) Take a shower before you come.

4) Respect my hardware/home. I don't mind some intense gaming, but if you plan to abuse mine or anyone else's stuff, please don't bother to attend.

5) NO SMOKING INSIDE. If you must, just step outside (and wait 5 minutes for the wind to blow the smell away from you)."

Dude, those rules are legit. I have been to plenty of get togethers where people smell like heavy BO. While I would refuse to invite smelly people back, it's not like a general open invite get together allows that kind of control.

As for beating up machines, no there are also people out there who lose it. Let people know these things in advance before they come and they won't be likely to throw a huge fit when they are asked to leave. It's really not that hard to grasp. Social management.

You don't want people smoking around your stuff either, especially if you're a collector. I say that as a smoker. I don't let people smoke around my stuff. It affects the way the stuff looks, as well as smells. If you ever bought stuff from a smoker, you will likely empathize with the general disenchantment of opening a package that smells like an ashtray.

I shouldn't even need to touch on the drug point.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Don't come hung over? Does he have something against people with headaches and general sadness stemming from the previous night's events?

Tacitus

Staff member
"GROUND RULES

1) There will be zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol. If you do drugs, have enough sense to keep that fact a secret from me. If you drink, I can accept that, but I won’t have any alcohol present on this occasion.

2) Don't come high/drunk/hung over.

3) Take a shower before you come.

4) Respect my hardware/home. I don't mind some intense gaming, but if you plan to abuse mine or anyone else's stuff, please don't bother to attend.

5) NO SMOKING INSIDE. If you must, just step outside (and wait 5 minutes for the wind to blow the smell away from you)."

Dude, those rules are legit. I have been to plenty of get togethers where people smell like heavy BO. While I would refuse to invite smelly people back, it's not like a general open invite get together allows that kind of control.

As for beating up machines, no there are also people out there who lose it. Let people know these things in advance before they come and they won't be likely to throw a huge fit when they are asked to leave. It's really not that hard to grasp. Social management.

You don't want people smoking around your stuff either, especially if you're a collector. I say that as a smoker. I don't let people smoke around my stuff. It affects the way the stuff looks, as well as smells. If you ever bought stuff from a smoker, you will likely empathize with the general disenchantment of opening a package that smells like an ashtray.

I shouldn't even need to touch on the drug point.

I never said it was just the rules that were strange... it was the schedule and the amount of detail. The presentation of it is also a bit odd.

I quit smoking so it bother me a bit more than it does others. Making someone wait outside for 5 minutes? A little strange, don't you think? It's not the NO SMOKING INSIDE rule that's weird... its that extra little bit.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, in fact, we agree on everything.

I wouldn't be down with the drug use and a lot of that is a liability/safety issue. I don't care if people do a J in their own home, but doing it in someone else's, un-prompted and around strangers is an issue. I hope no one has done that at my place and I think the nature of those things doesn't lend itself to that behavior (or if it is, it's VERY hidden).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I never said it was just the rules that were strange... it was the schedule and the amount of detail. The presentation of it is also a bit odd.

I quit smoking so it bother me a bit more than it does others. Making someone wait outside for 5 minutes? A little strange, don't you think? It's not the NO SMOKING INSIDE rule that's weird... its that extra little bit.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, in fact, we agree on everything.

I wouldn't be down with the drug use and a lot of that is a liability/safety issue. I don't care if people do a J in their own home, but doing it in someone else's, un-prompted and around strangers is an issue. I hope no one has done that at my place and I think the nature of those things doesn't lend itself to that behavior (or if it is, it's VERY hidden).

What it all comes down to is you go to a get together and half the people deserve their own reality show (which may happen to be Hoarders), and the other half is okay. Structure is a good thing when you have so many diverse people of varying cultures.