Bill Paxton dead at 61

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
No damn it no, I truly admired Mr. Paxton. His face is the first I see when I think of sci-fi, RIP man. We're in some real pretty shit now, man! ... What the fuck are we gonna do now?

The only man killed by an alien, a predator, and a terminator.

No, Lance Henriksen also shares this streak

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Can you keep your act in the war room?

The only man killed by an alien, a predator, and a terminator.

geez I gave condolences regardless of not being 'nerdy' enough (also wanted to know...now I have to watch movies that I've only seen maybe once each? SORRY!)to know who he was?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Lance Henriksen has also been killed by a Alien, Predator and Terminator. Well the Alien Queen inflicted enough damage to him leading to his eventual scrapping.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lance played a robot in aliens. cant be killed. only shut down/ destroyed. i stand by my post.

plus lance showed up in alien 3 where ripley shut him down permanently.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
lance played a robot in aliens. cant be killed. only shut down/ destroyed. i stand by my post.

You didn't even bother to read my post that is literally directly above yours did you. And BTW Bishop was self aware, alive. In his words he may be a synesthetic but he is not stupid, he had a sense of self preservation. Bottom line Lance character was hunted, ambushed and terminated by the Queen. As a result of the damage she inflicted upon him lead to his Bishop character being scrapped from the Franchise. In aliens 3 he was so damaged and far gone he asked Ripley to just put him down because of his ego, he would have been 100% unrecoverable if left in his post Queen fight state without preservation anyway.

This news hits hard, out of the entire cast Hudson Mr. Paxton character character stood out the most to me even above Ripley and Hicks. Hudson you just have to admit is the perfect reflection of how any of us would really react in that situation.

Bill had a long and fruitful career and luckily he never faded, RIP man

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
You didn't even bother to read my post that is literally directly above yours did you. And BTW Bishop was self aware. Bottom line Lance character was hunted, ambushed and terminated by the Queen. As a result of the damage she inflicted upon him lead to his Bishop character being scrapped from the Franchise.

oh i read it. self-awareness does not denote life and still cant be killed, only shut down. but still my point stands that lance wasnt actually killed by the queen it was ripley who 'pulled the plug'. paxtons legacy lives on.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice night for a walk, ay?. rest in peace, paxton.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Man this came out of nowhere. 61 is way too early to die. Wonder if his new show will be done after this or if they will kill off his character and move on... (I haven't seen it yet)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Surgery complications = somebody gonna get blamed.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

was he sentient?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Terrible news. His more recent stuff was great too. I loved his role in 2 Guns, and he also single-handedly carried the show Big Love.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
RIP Ultimate Badass!

LMAO

BTW, I just heard he spent almost his entire 7th grade year in bed due to rheumatic fever, so there it is. Shortened his life due to heart damage. :(

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ki neither I nor anyone else here knows wtf rheumatic fever is or what it had to do with Bill's death, explain further please.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Last time I saw him in a movie was in Nightcrawler. He played his role as a sleazy crime journalist pretty well. :(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ki neither I nor anyone else here knows wtf rheumatic fever is or what it had to do with Bill's death, explain further please.

Rheumatic fever can in rare cases develop from strep throat. It's basically your immune system going into overdrive and it starts attacking your own tissues, such as your skin, joints, and in acute cases your heart.

If your heart is affected it can cause scarring and thickening of the heart valves.

For someone to have been sick with it as long as he was, it's no wonder he was going in for a heart procedure.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Frailty was a great film...

I also liked him in True Lies...

RIP Aliens Hardass marine...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh that guy! Yeah i know that guy. Pity really :(

Dont call me when you need answers about pop culture.