Blast City Club

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Dave theres a dummy load inside the pad hack, so no worries there. :)

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Greetings.

I've been restoring my cab purchased in the group buy during my free time and I just saw an issue (and generous reply from fellow blast owners) regarding locks and keys. Oddly enough, my NEOS key will ONLY open up the service door. The cashbox, coin chute, and control panel will not open with this key. I'm guessing I need a 5575 key? I was planning on drilling these out...but I know extra locks are expensive. Does anyone have an extra key I could try & buy? Thanks.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I have come to my ends on trying to get the NANAO 2930 in my Blast City to work correctly. I installed a cap kit and it did not fix my color problem (no blue). The last straw was installing a replacement Rodotron Chassis. The Rodotron has been a real pain/POS. I get picture squish to one side and cannot adjust the brightness. Is there anyone out there with a spare 2930 chassis they are willing separate with or maybe fix mine?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Greetings.

I've been restoring my cab purchased in the group buy during my free time and I just saw an issue (and generous reply from fellow blast owners) regarding locks and keys. Oddly enough, my NEOS key will ONLY open up the service door. The cashbox, coin chute, and control panel will not open with this key. I'm guessing I need a 5575 key? I was planning on drilling these out...but I know extra locks are expensive. Does anyone have an extra key I could try & buy? Thanks.

your best bet would be to order a 5575/5576 key/lock off yahoo japan.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
your best bet would be to order a 5575/5576 key/lock off yahoo japan.

Bummer...maybe I'll post a WTB thread first so I don't have to go the whole proxy buyer route for just a lock. I was trying to get in on the 5575 lock group buy (which fell through). To be honest I just want to check to make sure that's the key I need before I buy one. I tried a bunch of the keys lying around when picking up the Blast from the group buy and NONE of them worked. Could it be possible that it's some sort of oddball 3rd party lock?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I have come to my ends on trying to get the NANAO 2930 in my Blast City to work correctly. I installed a cap kit and it did not fix my color problem (no blue). The last straw was installing a replacement Rodotron Chassis. The Rodotron has been a real pain/POS. I get picture squish to one side and cannot adjust the brightness. Is there anyone out there with a spare 2930 chassis they are willing separate with or maybe fix mine?

You sure its your chassis and not your tube? The electron guns in tubes do go out sometimes.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Yea if you've recapped, and even changed chassis... Its sounding to me like your blue gun inside the tube itself is shot. You didn't mention the neck board however, so if you haven't yet messed with that I'd give it one last try.

This is just stating my opinion here but... The Nanao 293x is a hunk of shit CRT, prone to faults and hard/expensive to repair. Best decision I ever made was to toss the entire thing and replace it with the Wells Gardner. That freaking chassis is built like a tank! Downside is no trisync, but who give a fu*k about anything but 15khz anyways?

Do keep the original Sega Nanao frame, you'll need it to mount another tube per 300wins (thanks man) back mount method.

20131103_081245-1.jpg
20131103_081256-1.jpg

As you can see I used some washers to help push the tube to the proper depth, depending on the tube you use adjust accordingly.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Can you get ahold of a CRT rejuvenator? Blast those guns out. That might help.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
With the Rodotron chassis, all of the colors are there. It's just no good at tuning the picture in. I was told to try replacing the drive resistors on the neck board. I just need to figure out what those are.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
hey anyone know where i can get a 2l 12b control panel? and also the wires to hook it up?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
hey anyone know where i can get a 2l 12b control panel? and also the wires to hook it up?

New/used? Does it need blast city art? One option would be akihabara shop, but lately they have been taking their sweet time filling orders. If I were you I'd search yahoo japan auctions, or just make a WTB thread in the ZDTF marketplace.

As for wiring, giz10p has the 3 button player looms and the kick harnesses. MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX FOR BLAST CITY for the kick harness, so you don't order a naomi one.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Last edited:

dipindods

sweet thanks guys. i just orderd the wires for buttons on the one website and im gunna look into kens web site. i just dont like the plain overlay it comes with. thanks chem and codecrank let me know when u post your overlays :)

dipindods

ok so next question is where do i plug the kick harness in from my cps2 board to the blast so i can use the wires under the control panel i just orderd? kinda new at this dont kill me hahaha.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
ok so next question is where do i plug the kick harness in from my cps2 board to the blast so i can use the wires under the control panel i just orderd? kinda new at this dont kill me hahaha.

Usually the IO board has its own pin layout for the Kick Buttons and the IO board will translate that over to the connectors just under the control panel. If that's the case then you'll need to wire up your Kick Harness so that it fits to that specific section of the IO.

SePh1r0tH

n00b
Anyone have any sound issues with their cab when there is too much bass? Some games have perfect sound for me like Hyper Street Fighter Anniversary edition while other games like 3rd strike just sound awful (on my dreamcast). Do I need to replace the speakers or could it be an issue with the line connection using the red/white cables?

Dave

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Pretty sure there are 2 audio amps in the PSU, one for mono jamma and another for line-in stereo. You might want to experiment a little to narrow down and isolate the problem before sourcing replacement parts.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
An easy way to check your speakers is to shine a flashlight through the metal grill. Mine had visible foam deterioration.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Little PSA on these fingerboards.
arcade-fingerboard56.jpg

Do not use them! Or if you do make damn well sure to line up the pins correctly.

Because if you dont. Shazzam, smoke and fire! And melted plastics.
10720034036_2c8d1bd0f3_c.jpg
10720025504_9078a27cdd_c.jpg

The fingerboards are to narrow when used with a Hirose jamma connector and the pads too wide, which makes it possible to short out the whole thing.