Blast City Club

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I want to start building some game specific panels for my Blast, but I have no clue where to purchase the correct harness connectors. Is there a tutorial thread on identifying connector types and does anyone have suggestion on a supplier?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I want to start building some game specific panels for my Blast, but I have no clue where to purchase the correct harness connectors. Is there a tutorial thread on identifying connector types and does anyone have suggestion on a supplier?

Arcade otaku lists part numbers and places you can buy them.

Westcb

Haha, is one of those panels you want to make a left handed rotary stick panel? :-)

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Hey Guys,

Can't recall who made them (and don't want to scan 137 pages to find out), but who did the awesome Ikari Warriors and Forgotten Worlds panels?

Does anyone know if they're taking orders? :)

Thanks,
Orri~

Westcb

Hey Guys,

Can't recall who made them (and don't want to scan 137 pages to find out), but who did the awesome Ikari Warriors and Forgotten Worlds panels?

Does anyone know if they're taking orders? :)

Thanks,
Orri~

Do you have a set of spinners already?

Westcb

No, I don't have anything, but would look into them if I needed to provide them.

They are stupid hard to fine unless you want to pay racks of cash. :-( I would see how far you get in acquiring a board and spinners. If you find those you got a couple options for panels one being the president of blast city club ;-)

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
It's timed off of my YAJ watchlist so I can't provide a link, but there was recently a custom made FW panel with scratch-built spinners that sold for between 700-1000usd.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Wow - didn't think it would be that much. (Game isn't good enough to sink that kind of dough into it, IMO.)

(BTW - Nice gifs of me; also love the "The Real Al Bundy" that you somehow got below your name.

Always makes me laugh to see someone try to copy real genius (especially six years after I started here, with the same avatar the entire time...)

Keep trying though! Just more Al to love...)

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy

16594400746_fd4437734a.jpg

Spoiler:
16594400746_c00019fc12.jpg

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
On topic:

This
is who I believe sold that panel on YAJ-- or someone with as much technical ability and crasftsmanship. When I said "scratch-built" it may have not come across properly. It looked insanely well designed, as good or better than spec. A lot of his mods on that site are in fact improvements on the originals so for someone out there that 700usd was maybe even money well spent.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
On topic:

This
is who I believe sold that panel on YAJ-- or someone with as much technical ability and crasftsmanship. When I said "scratch-built" it may have not come across properly. It looked insanely well designed, as good or better than spec. A lot of his mods on that site are in fact improvements on the originals so for someone out there that 700usd was maybe even money well spent.

Fair enough - those pics in that link do look sweet. For something professionally made, I could see $500+, depending.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
On topic:

This

the last custom FW panel I saw on on YAJ sold for 1200$+

yeah that guy makes neat stuff. he also has access to cnc machines :)

there are the ones I made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67791588@N04/12374599195/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67791588@N04/12932405604/

getting those made isn't cheap. 60 for the plate, 35 for the overlay, 20-30 in wires in a connectors, then all the sticks and buttons, ( LS-30s normally for 30-50$ each , rotary push spinners... god who knows anymore... the only way to get them is to find an old FW cab ) . Then labor, lots of it :) So yeah someone could make it for you, but it would be $$$ and take a while.

Wes made them too ( he's working on a fantastic left handed ikari panel right now :lolz: )

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
the last custom FW panel I saw on on YAJ sold for 1200$+

yeah that guy makes neat stuff. he also has access to cnc machines :)

there are the ones I made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67791588@N04/12374599195/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67791588@N04/12932405604/

getting those made isn't cheap. 50 for the plate, 35 for the overlay, 20-30 in wires in a connectors, then all the sticks and buttons, ( LS-30s normally for 30-50$ each , rotary push spinners... god who knows anymore... the only way to get them is to find an old FW cab ) . Then labor, lots of it :) So yeah someone could make it for you, but it would be $$$ and take a while.

Wes made them too ( he's working on a fantastic left handed ikari panel right now :lolz: )

Hey CC - so you were the one who made the Ikari panel! Cool; I couldn't remember who it was. So, one panel at a time... ;)

Any interest in making another one, and if so, what would you charge? (Even if you weren't interested, what would you charge - just out of curiosity?)

If you'd prefer to chat offline, I'm cool with that as well.

As for the FW panel, that's not the one I saw, though I like yours better, to be honest. I'm less interested in that one, because I enjoyed Ikari much more. However, I just thought I'd inquire about the FW, just to see what would be involved.

Anyway, let me know about the Ikari if you can.

Thanks,
Orri~

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
what kind of weirdo does that ? ;)

as wes said , it's all on the AO wiki.

Alright. I checked out the AO wiki and it lists 2 types of connectors (KK molex and Mini-Fit Jr), but neither look like the type I have in my control panel. The male side has two "holes" (stacked) per terminal and the female has one hole per terminal. Plus, what pin size is used in the terminal?

P.S. Your creations are what got me going on this. I want to finish the SMASH TV first and then create a few others.

Westcb

Alright. I checked out the AO wiki and it lists 2 types of connectors (KK molex and Mini-Fit Jr), but neither look like the type I have in my control panel. The male side has two "holes" (stacked) per terminal and the female has one hole per terminal. Plus, what pin size is used in the terminal?

P.S. Your creations are what got me going on this. I want to finish the SMASH TV first and then create a few others.

It's under cables and connectors. AMP is what you want for sega.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/AMP_Universal_Power

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
A but neither look like the type I have in my control panel. The male side has two "holes" (stacked) per terminal and the female has one hole per terminal.

in the blast's control panel ?? the only receptacles in there are female AMP UP. you should post a pic of what you're talking about because I'm lost :lolz:

Plus, what pin size is used in the terminal?

normally I use 24 AWG for controls, and 18 AWG for ground & power. use the appropriate pins.

from wiki:

AWG#20-16 Female pin for male housing - 175152
AWG#26-22 Female pin for male housing - 175151
AWG#20-16 Male pin for female housing - 175150
AWG#26-22 Male pin for female housing - 175149

the pins themselves are the same size/length, it's the crimp collars that are bigger/smaller to accommodate different wire sizes.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You think 22 awg would be sufficient for 120v AC to sun PSU? Mouser was out of the larger pins, so I made a cable with 22 awg... Just waiting on sun PSU.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
You think 22 awg would be sufficient for 120v AC to sun PSU? Mouser was out of the larger pins, so I made a cable with 22 awg... Just waiting on sun PSU.

Most wire has a AC/DC rating. Check that. I always go 16-18 for custom power cables I make, even though I have 22 wire that can handle the load, the 16 just has better insulation and strength.

Since I built my 360 to Jamma control box, I'm starting to go through a bunch of Xbox Live Arcade games on my Blast. Super Meat Boy, Battle Block a Theater, Scott Pilgrim... I 'd swear these are better experiences with a joystick, and the cab makes it even sweeter.

And I figured I'd be just tied to my Cave Shmups every time I powered on the 360.

YBPXXOul.jpg

kpFpwN9l.jpg

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
peeps,

It's time for me to leave the club. I have officially posted my blast up for sale. :( I love you all, but I love the freedom that comes with getting out of debt more. One day I may rejoin, but for now, I need to take care of bidnezz.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
peeps,

It's time for me to leave the club. I have officially posted my blast up for sale. :( I love you all, but I love the freedom that comes with getting out of debt more. One day I may rejoin, but for now, I need to take care of bidnezz.

We'll keep a spot in the club open for you in case you decide to re-join! At least you've still got your NAC! I know I for one appreciate the advice you've shared, as well as the sweet cables you've made for us :D

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
:)

Cable making is going to take a backseat for a while too, after this batch for windy is done. need some time to relax.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
peeps,

just sell more LV Inc products ;)

It's a bummer to see you sell your blast, but I'm with you on being debt free and not hoarding stuff that doesn't get played :) I should probably sell some paper weights myself...

Last edited: