Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Sorry guys, for the multiple posts, my ipad's browser is fucking with me hardcore. What I was saying about DS2 was that it was cheaply difficult, so much so that my easy-mode lvl 270-something character gets two-shotted in new game ++ in Huntsman's Copse. It's so absurd the difficulty made me give up the character. Also in DS2 there are no proper 'invasions' like being a darkwraith in DS1. To me, that ruined the pvp element of sudden OMFG getting invaded at the worst moments- not to mention being able to invade other players when you get bored.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Nice! I will have to give this a try. Didn't even realize you could dodge left and right as well. I think I just got overwhelmed by all the information in the status and inventory screens and missed some of the finer points.

You will be amazed what multiple dodges will get you out of in this game. Sideways combined with forward and back, depending on the enemy. As long as you mix them up with well timed attacks it's crazy how you think you are toast, only to come out of a 3-4 enemy clusterfuck with most of your health renewed.

Tight, TIGHT gameplay in this one.

Last edited:

ThGame

Geese's Thug
The game is truely awesome. I just finished up the third boss. The second boss was awesome, not giving any spoilers. Gonna keep hittin er. I have all tomorrow off. This game is going to move alot of ps4s!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I like Dark Souls 2 for one reason:

FIVE SHIELDS
This build is viable.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Watching some game play by ENB,also he got to work on the guide as well.

Right now,i'm waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.I can't wait either any one that wants to co-op some time let me know.Yes i've heard if you summon another player that opens to invasion.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Played like 12 hours today. Seeing strange creatures and scythes and reaper like things when i close my eyes. Gonna be wild dreams tonight lol!!

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Finally beat the first boss. After about 3 hours of using the cane and getting frustrated just getting to the first boss, a friend suggested I change my starting weapon to the axe. Within 30 minutes of switch I had downed the first boss... It deals so much damage so quick, DashR1 R1 usually killed most trash enemies or staggered them. I was getting down because my usual gameplay for the souls games is sword and board, but my second character was always a 2hand strength barbarian that gives no fucks. Since you gain back ~50% of your hp lost from being hit when swinging at dudes in Bloodborne scrapping back and forth with them doesn't seem as punishing and despite chugging a blood pot every 5 or so enemies I still ended up hitting max blood potions and stashing the rest.

Level design feels so good like Dark Souls 1. When you zone change it feels a lot more natural. That was something I didn't like about Dark Souls 2. Feels really good to see your progression after slogging through enemies for an hour then you're on some large set piece like a bridge looking down at your destruction.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Finally beat the first boss. After about 3 hours of using the cane and getting frustrated just getting to the first boss, a friend suggested I change my starting weapon to the axe. Within 30 minutes of switch I had downed the first boss... It deals so much damage so quick, DashR1 R1 usually killed most trash enemies or staggered them. I was getting down because my usual gameplay for the souls games is sword and board, but my second character was always a 2hand strength barbarian that gives no fucks. Since you gain back ~50% of your hp lost from being hit when swinging at dudes in Bloodborne scrapping back and forth with them doesn't seem as punishing and despite chugging a blood pot every 5 or so enemies I still ended up hitting max blood potions and stashing the rest.

Level design feels so good like Dark Souls 1. When you zone change it feels a lot more natural. That was something I didn't like about Dark Souls 2. Feels really good to see your progression after slogging through enemies for an hour then you're on some large set piece like a bridge looking down at your destruction.

I put in 2 hours last night. I picked the scion, so I'm a dex/gun build with cane/blunderbus. First things I noticed.

Sweet character creation. I spent about an hour making mine.

Looks awesome.

I like the atmosphere so far.

Brutal Loading times - my only gripe.

Damn, this game is hard right now. I bought all the armor in the town, and upgraded my cane one level and I still have to keep running through armies of enemies. I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I do not see where I buy this axe, or anywhere to level. I found the book room, and there use to be a guy in a wheelchair in there, but he disappeared. Same room with the storage box and upgrade desk.

I searched everywhere. Where is the spot to level up and a merchant besides that skeleton in the pool.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I put in 2 hours last night. I picked the scion, so I'm a dex/gun build with cane/blunderbus. First things I noticed.

Sweet character creation. I spent about an hour making mine.

Looks awesome.

I like the atmosphere so far.

Damn, this game is hard right now. I bought all the armor in the town, and upgraded my cane one level and I still have to keep running through armies of enemies. I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I do not see where I buy this axe, or anywhere to level. I found the book room, and there use to be a guy in a wheelchair in there, but he disappeared. Same room with the storage box and upgrade desk.

I searched everywhere. Where is the spot to level up and a merchant besides that skeleton in the pool.
I actually just remade my character to get the axe. More things show up on the town vendor after you kill the first boss (and probably all subsequent bosses?) including all starter weapons plus an additional sword/warhammer combo thingy.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I actually just remade my character to get the axe. More things show up on the town vendor after you kill the first boss (and probably all subsequent bosses?) including all starter weapons plus an additional sword/warhammer combo thingy.

Awesome, so I'm going to have to beat the first level now. I made it what seemed like really far. Way down in a sewer with guys crawling on the ground and Ravens, unlocked the shortcut past the very first hallway of mobs. So I can skip all those annoying white dogs.

I don't feel like I'm weak. I can parry and one shot the giant guys with the capes. I guess I'm going to just run like crazy and look for shortcuts.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Since you have the shortcut, I would say go explore that bridge behind the wolves more...

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I wasn't able to get a PS4 before the game came out, so I'm going to be late to the party on this one.

Have fun, guys.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Since you have the shortcut, I would say go explore that bridge behind the wolves more...

Yeah I came up on those 2 wolves on the right and was like "welp, guess I'm gonna hang a left". Then realized it lead to a filthy sewer and regretted going that way.

SNKNostalgia

Fighting Artist
This game caught my eye a few months ago, but now I really want to get it. I have Demon Souls and Dark Souls free from PS Plus and Live With Gold. I have only played Demon Souls for a few hours and haven't really gotten anywhere in it a year ago. Should I play through both of them before Bloodborne, so it won't be hard to go back and play???

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
This game caught my eye a few months ago, but now I really want to get it. I have Demon Souls and Dark Souls free from PS Plus and Live With Gold. I have only played Demon Souls for a few hours and haven't really gotten anywhere in it a year ago. Should I play through both of them before Bloodborne, so it won't be hard to go back and play???

I would play demons and dark souls first yes. I couldn't bring myself to finish dark souls 2 which is odd seeing as the first two games I literally couldn't put down until I beat them.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I would say ether play bloodborne first, or the 2 souls games first. But not bloodborne in between the two.

I personally would play demon's souls first in case the servers close. There is still some Co op and pvp going on. Especially of you find friends on reddit or demon's souls wiki. Also because it's the best game in the series. Going solo you will be grinding hard-core unless you have skills, so get the Co op why you can.

You really don't want to miss the opportunity to enjoy this game online. Jump on it while you still can. The servers almost shut down once already, before the fan outrage.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
God damn it, I wish I had a PS4 so I could play this game.... Maybe Christmas time (hopefully there will be a price drop then).

I was at my friends house watching him start the game... At one point he said, "I wonder if there's a map I can find?" I just laughed at him and said, "Wow, it's been a long time since you've played a Souls game)

Now that he's playing this, I wonder if he'll let me borrow his PS3 so I can finally play Demons Souls and Dragons Crown.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Alright, the new 2TB hdd is in the mail and should be here late next week.

And then...Bloodborne shall be bought shorty afterwards.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

This is basically what most users are complaining about, if anything. After seeing ENB's playthrough, its understandable though. Central Yharnam is huge and well detailed.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
This is basically what most users are complaining about, if anything. After seeing ENB's playthrough, its understandable though. Central Yharnam is huge and well detailed.

Wouldnt have such bad load times if they didnt die so much haha

SNKNostalgia

Fighting Artist
OK, I will go through Demon Souls and then Dark Souls first. By the time I beat those, Bloodborne should go down to like $45-$50 on Amazon I hope as well. I also need to get either a Hori Hayabusa stick or Mad Catz TE2 stick for PS4/PS3 (trying to decide which one to get). For now I am buying DOA 5 Last Round to get my fighter game fix.... then Guilty Gear Xird in 2 weeks.

Alright, the new 2TB hdd is in the mail and should be here late next week.

And then...Bloodborne shall be bought shorty afterwards.

I think I should get a 2TB HDD before buying more games as well. Which model did you go with?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
If ya'll are upgrading your PS4 hard drives, I HIGHLY recommend getting an SSHD
You can get a 1TB with a 16GB NAND on it for $100 or so.
Or, just wait for the 32GB NAND SSHDs to come out.

You'll get normal load times the first time around, but the SSHD will store this data on its NAND for fast reading on subsequent loads until the NAND is purged when new data is written to it.

With most PS4 games being in the range of 24-30GB, this means you can load pretty much the entire game onto NAND as you play.

I have an SSHD on my CFW PS3 and it makes a huge difference.

SNKNostalgia

Fighting Artist
If ya'll are upgrading your PS4 hard drives, I HIGHLY recommend getting an SSHD
You can get a 1TB with a 16GB NAND on it for $100 or so.
Or, just wait for the 32GB NAND SSHDs to come out.

You'll get normal load times the first time around, but the SSHD will store this data on its NAND for fast reading on subsequent loads until the NAND is purged when new data is written to it.

With most PS4 games being in the range of 24-30GB, this means you can load pretty much the entire game onto NAND as you play.

I have an SSHD on my CFW PS3 and it makes a huge difference.

I keep hearing that the SSHDs, especially the Seagate ones are prone to failing. Also, the 2TB Seagate standard 5400 HDDs have this problem, but not as bad as the 1TB SSHD. I really like the idea of having faster loading times, but not worth it if my HDD dies in a couple of months or even two years. There's also the 7200 HDDs, but they heat up the PS4 a little. Kinda on the fence with where to go with all of this.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I got a question for anyone who played Bloodborne. I'm thinking of giving it as a gift to my brother. He's never played the souls series( neither have I) but he loves God of War and Darksiders series. Will this game appeal to him?