bombings/ expolsions in brussels.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you are arguing that religious edicts and human rights are often opposed to one another, I am inclined to agree with you.

But there isn't anything special about Islam. All of the other major religions are full of religious edicts that are inclined to be interpreted as civil administration.

Of course people pick and choose and bend over backwards to explain how their beliefs are compatible with said edicts. Because it's all bullshit. Deep down inside, we know all of this man in the sky stuff is bullshit. Some just choose to suspend their disbelief.

My favorite is the Mormon church. Whenever they need something to change (such as banning polygamy to gain Utah Statehood), God tells whatever Profit [sic] to change said edict.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I always saw religion as a 'fear of the unknown' insurance policy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have met a lot of welcoming and gracious Muslims throughout Asia, in China, Indonesia and Malaysia. Are they more prone to violence because they're Muslims?

lachlan nailed it on the head in the last Muslim hate thread, that it is the culture of the mid-East that creates nutjobs. As well as what factors America itself has done to create terrorism, albeit indirectly.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Even peaceful Muslims are prolonging a midevil religion wholly spawned by a hateful warlord that brings evil acts to every country. Islam has no place in the modern world, neither do the other religions but I've only lost family members to one religion so.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I have met a lot of welcoming and gracious Muslims throughout Asia, in China, Indonesia and Malaysia. Are they more prone to violence because they're Muslims?

lachlan nailed it on the head in the last Muslim hate thread, that it is the culture of the mid-East that creates nutjobs. As well as what factors America itself has done to create terrorism, albeit indirectly.

Wasn't there a big story about Buddhist monks getting fed up with Muslim violence and fighting back?
If you can't get along with Buddhists, I think that's a warning sign that your religion is a little too radical.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wasn't there a big story about Buddhist monks getting fed up with Muslim violence and fighting back?
If you can't get along with Buddhists, I think that's a warning sign that your religion is a little too radical.

I have been to a Tibetan city and the Tibetans are borderline retarded. They are just as crazy as some Muslims.

In short, religions can fuck people up, but it's far more complicated than that when it comes to blowing yourself up.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Why don't we try looking at the situation another way for a moment:

Let's say that instead of Syrian refugees the people migrating into Europe were people from prehistoric times. Let's also say that the majority of those prehistoric people are town-dwelling farmers who are decent and peaceful people. Now let's add a small but very vicious percentage of driven, highly motivated warlike cavemen to the group- who look and act just like the other prehistoric people but are really complete psychopaths. Now let's add the magic ingredient- the large peaceful percentage tolerates and accepts the ways and beliefs of the bastard cavemen, and doesn't ostracize, cast out or otherwise turn on them like they should. Would you have an open-borders policy for everyone from the world of 50,000 years ago BC? Would you NOT ask them to adopt modern, civilized ways and assimilate into polite society?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have been to a Tibetan city and the Tibetans are borderline retarded. They are just as crazy as some Muslims.

In short, religions can fuck people up, but it's far more complicated than that when it comes to blowing yourself up.

Don't forget all of those Dali Lamas who mysteriously died a year or two before coming of age and taking up the reigns.

Why don't we try looking at the situation another way for a moment:

Let's say that instead of Syrian refugees the people migrating into Europe were people from prehistoric times. Let's also say that the majority of those prehistoric people are town-dwelling farmers who are decent and peaceful people. Now let's add a small but very vicious percentage of driven, highly motivated warlike cavemen to the group- who look and act just like the other prehistoric people but are really complete psychopaths. Now let's add the magic ingredient- the large peaceful percentage tolerates and accepts the ways and beliefs of the bastard cavemen, and doesn't ostracize, cast out or otherwise turn on them like they should. Would you have an open-borders policy for everyone from the world of 50,000 years ago BC? Would you NOT ask them to adopt modern, civilized ways and assimilate into polite society?

You do realize that Syria is run by military juntas right?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What many may not think about also is how badly this type of stuff effects tourism. France used to be one of the top places to go for tourism right? Now, with all these recent events, it might take a huge hit, or already may have. People tend to over react with this type of shit.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Paris will definitely get less tourists this year but on the whole, I guess it won't be a problem because most people prefer spending their holidays in France in other less dirty and crowded places anyway.

Other than that, Marx was right: Religion is the opium of the people, or amphetamine in case of some Muslim nutjobs, it's a way to control the masses and exploit on their spirituality. That's why education is very important, the smarter you are, the less likely it becomes that putting bombs in airports looks like a sensible thing to do to you.

They can fekk right off as far as I'm concerned, not going to change my lifestyle because of some reactionary barbarians with suicide vests.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Yes, and I still stand by it.

View attachment 34366

That is a misinterpretation caused by the Europeans, the moon and the star is a Turkic symbol. The countries that use it on their flags have Turkic history in their lands.

It does in fact represent a moon god, but it is not Islamic.

Europeans just use that symbol to label all Muslims as one since they historically had more dealings with the Ottoman empire (a Turkic empire) more than any other.

That symbol can be found in mosques in Turkey, Syria and any other land that was part of the Ottoman empire. In Iran that symbol isn't really used neither for Morocco. (I can't speak on any other Muslim land because I have not been there.) Arabs don't even rep the moon on their flags. They usually got Arabic script on their flags.

Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims, but the original Islamic teaching is an Arab way of life.

We could also get technical and say not every "Arab" is an Arab, but rather many of the modern day Arabs are arabized cultures. The people of the Levant (Assyrians, Babylonians) and north Africa all had their own culture and language but lost it due to Islam. Some more than others. The real Arabs are from Jordan, Arabia, Yemen, Oman and all those little states in that region.

I won't get any deeper into details but we could say Arab is an umbrella term for a bunch of different cultures. Same with Iranians and Turkics

Iranians =/= Arabs =/= Turkics

Original Arabs were Bedouin nomads, so Islam is is a very tribal religion so tribal/nomadic cultures adopted it easily, but civilized people were forced in violently.

Though the forced people would usually mix in their culture with Islam to form new branches.

Historically the Arabs only really had one great dynasty, the Umayyads, that was after the prophets death and their swift expansion.

Afterwards there was a revolt from Iranian muslims and they installed the Abbasid dynasty.

That was basically a Persian/Arab empire. They used Persian way of politics. It was this form of Islam that was spread and introduced into central and south Asia.

I could go on and on about this, but ill keep this condense. (this is already a wall of text)

There never was any super "caliphate" the muslim world was always fragmented into different empires.

Anyways we can sum up the history into two eras, the golden age and post mongols. reached their golden age about 2 centuries after the shit started.

The golden era came about two centuries after the shit started. Muslim scholars (mostly Iranians) helped advance science, mathematics, philosophy and arts. They translated many works of the ancient Greeks into Arabic, but all of that pretty much went to shit after the Mongols invaded.

The Europeans picked up where the Muslims left off and advanced science at this point.

After the Mongol empires fragmented the Muslim world was pretty much warring states, but most of the rulers were Turkic warlords.

Three big Turkic empires were formed at this time, but or main focus here is the Ottoman empire.

The Ottomans had the Levant, the Balkans, Arabia, and parts of north Africa.

Now to explain modern day fuckery.

Arabs have been under Turkic and Iranian rule for centuries.

Around the 1800's, an Arab called Wahhab invented Salafism (aka wahabism) which long story short is an anti-Iranian, anti-Turkic, anti-nonarab Ideology.

They basically believe that all forms of Islam are corrupt and that theirs is the truth. And that all places of worship must be destroyed and all infidels killed. (you guessed it, this is what Isis practices)

Now this is were shit gets deep.

The Saudi tribe used this new religion as a means to go to war with other tribes and the Ottomans.

The British saw this as an opportunity to weaken the Ottomans so they funded the Saudis. This is where their marriage began.

The Saudis kept expanding in Arab lands and pushed Arab nationalism onto the other tribes, this internal conflict weakened the Ottoman empire. Which later got dissolved into British and French colonies.

Not all lands were colonized though, the Arabs had a deal where they would have their own kingdom.

Keeping our focus on western Asia, the British and French carved out Iraq and Syria for their respective colonies. They purposely carved out the land to have 3 major ethnic groups and put a minority in charge.

It is a great divide and conquer strategy that worked in Africa during colonialism.

Syria is majority Sunni, but they let Shi'a run it. Iraq is majority Shi'a but they let Sunni run it.
Kurds are minorities in both end. This was a seed for future chaos that we see today.

Back to the Saudi Arabs,
they had the backing from the west and all that oil money so they started to spread their fucked up ideology across the land. In most poor countries and regions they would open up schools but would also force their religion as well.( I read this in a mossad briefing lol)
They opened the most schools in Algeria, Pakistan and took advantage of the downfall of the USSR and opened up shop in Chechenya and central Asia.

These kids were brainwashed into this fucked up ideology. Now whats even scarier is that there are branches in western countries.

I know people from Syria and they told me their cousins got their house robbed by Isis and that they were Australians.

My parents are from Iran and they never forced religion on me. I grew up in Quebec not knowing about my culture or religion. I am muslim by birth but I don't even know how to pray or the holidays or none of that.

Out of thirst for knowledge of self I took some university classes and also read a few books on various topics of the region. I started with Iranian history but got into the neighboring countries as well.

Ultimately I feel that religion is a personal matter and anyone enforcing their beliefs on others is a cunt. (Atheists included)

To conclude,

The real problem to the whole region is not really religion but miss-education and lack of stability. Syria had a civil war before this one that has been going on for five years now and we all know Iraq has had a few wars.

Every time such an event took place people fled to other countries. Usually the ones to get out first are the rich and educated. The lack of stability also makes people care more about basic needs then pursuing school and a career.

Afghanistan is a perfect example, they were a British colony, had a war for freedom then had another war due to Russian invasion and then another war due to Americans. That's like 70 years of turmoil, how do you expect people to want to be civil if all that they and their father know was warfare and basic survival.

After such a brain drain all that's left is poor city people and uneducated farmers. Can you really blame them for being a few years behind us.

And sure, we could play the blame game since most of those wars were caused by the west and Russia, but Muslims put themselves in a bad position themselves.

The pivotal point was a few centuries ago. Europeans pushed for literacy for the masses, so it helped the peasant class elevate and created a notion of individualism everyone could read the bible so people could form their own opinions about it.

The Muslims on the other hand opted to keep the peasant class dumb and only let the elite become literate. Also Imams and Sheiks would be religious leaders so people would ask them to solve problems and answer questions about religion. The lack of literacy and always asking a superior for help made them mentally lazy.

For example Iran and Turkey pushed literacy on the masses heavily after ww1 and sadly some countries still have a lot of illiterate people. So the Muslim world is still catching up.

Think about how the culture changed in the past century. The ww2 vets were rugged guys, then came the hippies and then everyone sorta got more and more gay and socially accepting of anything. Womans rights, racial equality and gay rights are all fairly recent notions.

It's obvious all this modern SJW shit would not fly with the America of the 40s, so how do you expect these 3rd world traumatized villagers to adopt modern ideals formed by 3 generations of stability and peace instantaneously ?

Also imagine if America was controlled by black people and that you guys ran out of freedums and the dollar was shit so everyone was super poor and all the rich white folks moved to Europe already. So all you got is the black minority and an oppressed white majority and Mexican Minority. (lets forget about everyone else for simplicity)

Now most of the educated and rich people left the country, all you got is middle class folks and rednecks. Now do you really think the rednecks aren't going to snap and fuck shit up ?

I am not aiming this at you directly, I just wanted to edumacate and enlighten anyone willing to learn.

I actually had a term paper to write but ended up surfing this forum out of procrastination and ended up writing a term paper here. :keke:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Great post brodeo. You were the guy who traveled to Iran right?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
That is a misinterpretation caused by the Europeans, the moon and the star is a Turkic symbol. The countries that use it on their flags have Turkic history in their lands.

Europeans just use that symbol to label all Muslims as one since they historically had more dealings with the Ottoman empire (a Turkic empire) more than any other.

That symbol can be found in mosques in Turkey, Syria and any other land that was part of the Ottoman empire. In Iran that symbol isn't really used neither for Morocco. (I can't speak on any other Muslim land because I have not been there.) Arabs don't even rep the moon on their flags. They usually got Arabic script on their flags.

Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims, but the original Islamic teaching is an Arab way of life.

We could also get technical and say not every "Arab" is an Arab, but rather many of the modern day Arabs are arabized cultures. The people of the Levant (Assyrians, Babylonians) and north Africa all had their own culture and language but lost it due to Islam. Some more than others. The real Arabs are from Jordan, Arabia, Yemen, Oman and all those little states in that region.

I won't get any deeper into details but we could say Arab is an umbrella term for a bunch of different cultures. Same with Iranians and Turkics

Original Arabs were Bedouin nomads, so Islam is is a very tribal religion so tribal/nomadic cultures adopted it easily, but civilized people were forced in violently.

Though the forced people would usually mix in their culture with Islam to form new branches.

Historically the Arabs only really had one great dynasty, the Umayyads, that was after the prophets death and their swift expansion.

Afterwards there was a revolt from Iranian muslims and they installed the Abbasid dynasty.

That was basically a Persian/Arab empire. They used Persian way of politics. It was this form of Islam that was spread and introduced into central and south Asia.

I could go on and on about this, but ill keep this condense. (this is already a wall of text)

There never was any super "caliphate" the muslim world was always fragmented into different empires.

Anyways we can sum up the history into two eras, the golden age and post mongols. reached their golden age about 2 centuries after the shit started.

The golden era came about two centuries after the shit started. Muslim scholars (mostly Iranians) helped advance science, mathematics, philosophy and arts. They translated many works of the ancient Greeks into Arabic, but all of that pretty much went to shit after the Mongols invaded.

The Europeans picked up where the Muslims left off and advanced science at this point.

After the Mongol empires fragmented the Muslim world was pretty much warring states, but most of the rulers were Turkic warlords.

Three big Turkic empires were formed at this time, but or main focus here is the Ottoman empire.

Around the 1800's, an Arab called Wahhab invented Salafism (aka wahabism) which long story short is an anti-Iranian, anti-Turkic, anti-nonarab Ideology.

They basically believe that all forms of Islam are corrupt and that theirs is the truth. And that all places of worship must be destroyed and all infidels killed. (you guessed it, this is what Isis practices)

The Saudi tribe used this new religion as a means to go to war with other tribes and the Ottomans.

The British saw this as an opportunity to weaken the Ottomans so they funded the Saudis. This is where their marriage began.

The Saudis kept expanding in Arab lands and pushed Arab nationalism onto the other tribes, this internal conflict weakened the Ottoman empire. Which later got dissolved into British and French colonies.

Not all lands were colonized though, the Arabs had a deal where they would have their own kingdom.

Keeping our focus on western Asia, the British and French carved out Iraq and Syria for their respective colonies. They purposely carved out the land to have 3 major ethnic groups and put a minority in charge.

It is a great divide and conquer strategy that worked in Africa during colonialism.

Syria is majority Sunni, but they let Shi'a run it. Iraq is majority Shi'a but they let Sunni run it.
Kurds are minorities in both end. This was a seed for future chaos that we see today.

Back to the Saudi Arabs,
they had the backing from the west and all that oil money so they started to spread their fucked up ideology across the land. In most poor countries and regions they would open up schools but would also force their religion as well.( I read this in a mossad briefing lol)
They opened the most schools in Algeria, Pakistan and took advantage of the downfall of the USSR and opened up shop in Chechenya and central Asia.

These kids were brainwashed into this fucked up ideology. Now whats even scarier is that there are branches in western countries.

I know people from Syria and they told me their cousins got their house robbed by Isis and that they were Australians.

My parents are from Iran and they never forced religion on me. I grew up in Quebec not knowing about my culture or religion. I am muslim by birth but I don't even know how to pray or the holidays or none of that.

Out of thirst for knowledge of self I took some university classes and also read a few books on various topics of the region. I started with Iranian history but got into the neighboring countries as well.

Ultimately I feel that religion is a personal matter and anyone enforcing their beliefs on others is a cunt. (Atheists included)

To conclude,

The real problem to the whole region is not really religion but miss-education and lack of stability. Syria had a civil war before this one that has been going on for five years now and we all know Iraq has had a few wars.

Every time such an event took place people fled to other countries. Usually the ones to get out first are the rich and educated. The lack of stability also makes people care more about basic needs then pursuing school and a career.

Afghanistan is a perfect example, they were a British colony, had a war for freedom then had another war due to Russian invasion and then another war due to Americans. That's like 70 years of turmoil, how do you expect people to want to be civil if all that they and their father know was warfare and basic survival.

After such a brain drain all that's left is poor city people and uneducated farmers. Can you really blame them for being a few years behind us.

And sure, we could play the blame game since most of those wars were caused by the west and Russia, but Muslims put themselves in a bad position themselves.

The pivotal point was a few centuries ago. Europeans pushed for literacy for the masses, so it helped the peasant class elevate and created a notion of individualism everyone could read the bible so people could form their own opinions about it.

The Muslims on the other hand opted to keep the peasant class dumb and only let the elite become literate. Also Imams and Sheiks would be religious leaders so people would ask them to solve problems and answer questions about religion. The lack of literacy and always asking a superior for help made them mentally lazy.

For example Iran and Turkey pushed literacy on the masses heavily after ww1 and sadly some countries still have a lot of illiterate people. So the Muslim world is still catching up.

Think about how the culture changed in the past century. The ww2 vets were rugged guys, then came the hippies and then everyone sorta got more and more gay and socially accepting of anything. Womans rights, racial equality and gay rights are all fairly recent notions.

It's obvious all this modern SJW shit would not fly with the America of the 40s, so how do you expect these 3rd world traumatized villagers to adopt modern ideals formed by 3 generations of stability and peace instantaneously ?

Also imagine if America was controlled by black people and that you guys ran out of freedums and the dollar was shit so everyone was super poor and all the rich white folks moved to Europe already. So all you got is the black minority and an oppressed white majority and Mexican Minority. (lets forget about everyone else for simplicity)

Now most of the educated and rich people left the country, all you got is middle class folks and rednecks. Now do you really think the rednecks aren't going to snap and fuck shit up ?

I am not aiming this at you directly, I just wanted to edumacate and enlighten anyone willing to learn.

I actually had a term paper to write but ended up surfing this forum out of procrastination and ended up writing a term paper here. :keke:

Such an awesome post Azra, thanks for taking the time to write it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Other than that, Marx was right: Religion is the opium of the people, or amphetamine in case of some Muslim nutjobs, it's a way to control the masses and exploit on their spirituality. That's why education is very important,
Although, ironically, the first thing that always happens when a country like Russia or China becomes communist, is they round up all the intellectuals and educated people, and kill or imprison them. Oh, well.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Although, ironically, the first thing that always happens when a country like Russia or China becomes communist, is they round up all the intellectuals and educated people, and kill or imprison them. Oh, well.

A free mind is an obstacle to every tyranny, be it left or right. And apart from that, I don't see any difference between Marx' ideology and his religion depiction. Poor chap just created a bloody new one for those masses in question, with their own terrorists, homicidal intelligence agencies, assassinations, coup d'etats etc. etc.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,

I'd like to add to this by saying that Afghanistan has pretty much always been Afghanistan, meaning it's always been a vital and valuable crossroads. The land and terrain is mostly barren and inhospitable, having been valued as a trade route since ancient times. People live there either because they are involved in trade and/or it's all they know. Being colonized by the British was simply yet another foreign player grabbing the territory. That isn't to say the more recent players were inconsequential, none of them were Muslim for example, so no common cultural ground, etc.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Great post brodeo. You were the guy who traveled to Iran right?

yeah mon, was there last fall as well.

Such an awesome post Azra, thanks for taking the time to write it.

hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'd like to add to this by saying that Afghanistan has pretty much always been Afghanistan, meaning it's always been a vital and valuable crossroads. The land and terrain is mostly barren and inhospitable, having been valued as a trade route since ancient times. People live there either because they are involved in trade and/or it's all they know. Being colonized by the British was simply yet another foreign player grabbing the territory. That isn't to say the more recent players were inconsequential, none of them were Muslim for example, so no common cultural ground, etc.

True that portions of Afghanistan were a popular trade route, and a key point in the silk road. (Khyber pass)

The modern borders of Afghanistan aren't accurate and not all Afghans are real Afghans.

Afghan was originally a derogative term Persians used to label the Pashto/Pukhtun.

The real Afghan land is southern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan, basically all the Pashto/Pukhtun lands.

Pashto/Pukhtun are a tribal warrior culture with a deep code of honor. That is why most invaders never really succeeded in subduing them.

The northern part of Afghanistan used to be part of Khorasan (A Persian province) but it was conquered and became part of the Durrani empire and and had Afghan influence for over two hundred years. They all fell under British hands afterwards.

So the Farsi speaking people of Afghanistan are actually Afghanized Persians. Though there are also Hazaragi people that are descendants of Mongols but speak Farsi. Anyways the north is basically non-Pashto so they don't get along.

During the 70s and 80s, the Russian tried to take Afghanistan but the USA interviewed and funded Muhajadeen (which roughly translate to Muslim warriors) These guys were Islamic extremists, but the USA wanted to cockblock Russia by any means. This is why some would blame America for the creation of the Taliban.

After the Russians left, the USA backed out and the country was left in disarray with no infrastructure after decades of war.

Old Afghans told me about how it was in 90s. So my sources for this part comes from people that been through it.

Warlords controlled regions and bandits could just invade your village and take your wife and kids and murder you for fun.

The Taliban was formed by people that used Sharia law as their system and adopted it to a T. Sure Sharia law is pretty extreme compare to our system, but it is a step above lawless chaos.

The Taliban also halted the production of Opium in the land, they brought order to the land in under 5 years.

Another thing important to know is that their code of ethics include giving refuge to anyone seeking it and dying for them.

So when Bin Laden went into hiding in there territory, they abided to their code and took care of him.

Anyways one thing is for certain, now that the Taliban was weakened, Warlords came back into power and Opium production is back in full effect.

The government the USA put into power is Farsi speaker northerners and the Afghans that helped the Americans during the war were also northerners, so there is more resentment from Pashtos towards non-Pashto northerners.

That government only has power in the cities, anything rural is a free for all. Drug warlords and tribal people trapped in blood feuds and everyone is armed to the teeth.

Afghanistan has a long way to go.

I'll end this with another tidbit of info. Paskitan is a recent term. It was created by English when they wanted to separate their colony.

Pakistan is Persian for land of the clean/pure but it is also an acronym

Punjab
Afghania
Kashmir
Sind
BalouchiSTAN

The provinces of Pakistan. Each province has its own language and culture. Also Northern India and modern day Pakistan were part of the same empire for centuries. Hindi and Urdu are essentially the same language. Hindi uses Sanskrit letters instead of Arabic script and also replaced Persian, Turkic and Arabic words that were part of Urdu for Sanskirt words.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you want to check out some really messed up stuff, read up on what Hindu Nationalists in India are up to.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Excellent posts, Azra.

Recommended reading for the black-and-white guys among us. :)

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
I'm worried for my two home countries Germany and America.
We need to be vigilant and take off the rose tinted glasses.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Not sure why European countries wouldn't say "thanks but no thanks" to those lovely individuals spending months at a time in war-torn Syria and Iraq.

This should be a one-way ticket.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Back to the Saudi Arabs,

To conclude,

Thank you for taking the time to make these very concise and well written posts. It really did help me to understand the big picture better.

I stand corrected on a great many things.