CALEXIT: Californians want to exit the U.S. after Trump痴 presidential win

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Dude, are you still crying over Hillary? You just voted for and open criminal and you're criticizing me for opinion speak? Can't you find it anywhere in your heart to make any exceptions for me if you made so many for her? I'm real man. I play Neo Geo games, I'm part of this world we're all in here. Jesus christ. It's really just all about that Hillary shit.

Liberal logic for days. You'll never make america great again with that attitude.

I fucking love this site and all the political in fighting. In like two years nobody is gonna care about any of this shit.

What, like encouraging voting for a woman with a history of criminal behavior for our president?

Irrational thought has been around since the dawn of time. I am sure when the consensus was that the world was flat, the detractors were largely seen the same. I have never fully been on board the 'climate change' thing. I remember when it was referred to as global warming, but if the climate trend changes, it needed a more easy to swallow name. It's the only 'scientific' thing I'm really opposed to. Nothing else I have a beef with. Nothing. I am not saying the climate doesn't ever change. I was to anger driven about it before.. My problem is actually determining if we 'do' have a real effect on it to where legislation is truly needed. Can that legislation be trusted? What if we get into the carbon credits scheme on a real level sometime soon. Who decides where that money goes? Who's to say that it won't happen to where new taxation starts with in home inspections of animals and other things? It can be a dangerous precedent to just accept this 100%.

My state is more then ready push the pen on the latest guilt trip ideal. It's even more troubling because of the very real possibility Jerry Brown is engaging in oil company pay to play. I still laugh remembering that BP bullshit and one of the big whigs from that was all about climate change. The whole thing has been surrounded by some of the worst creeps in all honesty. That BP spill was one of the worst messes in the last 100 years easily. So yeah I am all for environmentalism. Crowder did a video about this. I haven't seen the entire thing so don't brain hemorrhage over it.

Truth is he's right that nobody here discussing this is a climate scientist. We take all our views from the views of others. I studied and passed two classes in college off one who was opposed to it. He was very strongly opinionated on the entire thing and didn't mind expressing that. Hence my views. He does have a phD so he has at least earned the right to his opinion having validity. He actually argued our planet is going through a cooling phase. The big issue though is people might have a hot day and be like 'omg it's climate change' caused by people. When it could just be a hot day that has nothing to do with anything like that. It creates this open book for feelings and bitching to be validated through confirmation bias. This bias adds up and makes it easier for morons at the top to pat each others backs into signing nonsensical legislation. Again; see California.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/ab32/ab32.htm

"AB 32 was the first program in the country to take a comprehensive, long-term approach to addressing climate change, and does so in a way that aims to improve the environment and natural resources while maintaining a robust economy. "

California is pretty much the stomping ground test zone for retardation before it hits more intelligent states.

How long ago were you in college?

It's impossible to point out how overwhelmingly the expert concensus on climate change differs from the one lecturer that you're basing your views on, and to say how far off the mark you are thinking that it's accepted on the basis of a couple of hot days here and there without you crying out that I'm trampling on your legitimate opinion in the exact way that has brought trump to power. But I don't care, not all opinions are equally valid.

P.s. if you're going to keep heavily editing your posts hours after you've written them none of this is going to make any sense.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
How long ago were you in college?

It's impossible to point out how overwhelmingly the expert concensus on climate change differs from the one lecturer that you're basing your views on, and to say how far off the mark you are thinking that it's accepted on the basis of a couple of hot days here and there without you crying out that I'm trampling on your legitimate opinion in the exact way that has brought trump to power. But I don't care, not all opinions are equally valid.

P.s. if you're going to keep heavily editing your posts hours after you've written them none of this is going to make any sense.

The way reads is a bit jumbly, but I get the jist of it.
Unless we're climate scientists, we shouldn't even get into it.
Trump isn't your issue. I like adding stuff to my posts because it prevents double posting. It really isn't your business how I handle my posts. I am not going to stop doing it because it bugs you. Not sure what the goal is here. Do we move the goal posts to formatting now or continue talking about California?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I voted to repeal the death penalty, and outlaw plastic bags. I don't understand why these laws go into effect IMMEDIATELY instead of like at the end of the year, or something. I went to Nugget yesterday and they told me that they couldn't give me a plastic bag. All of their bags are custom-printed with the store's logo, and they are a California-only chain. So now they have thousands of plastic bags that they can't give out that I guess they're just going to throw away? I guess they can recycle them, right?

Fuck YOU for doing that.
I now have to buy other plastic bags to use as trash liners and to pour my used cat litter into and hold my lunches instead of re-using the ones I get from grocery shopping.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As of FY2016, the federal government pays up to 80% of the cost of some health and welfare programs.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-cal-budget-overview-htmlstory.html

CA spends millions and millions of dollars these types of programs.
http://www.dof.ca.gov/budget/historical_budget_Publications/2015-16/summary_veto.pdf

And CA will continue to next year in FY2017.
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Documents/2016-17 Governor's Budget Highlights.pdf

Yea, it's true, over the last three years CA has dropped from the top 10 to the bottom ten on the State dependency list. But, that does not change the fining structure in the State.

And I'm not even touching on the Federal Programs for Education and Government Contracts in the State.

chart

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/California_state_spending_pie_chart

And how much do the residents, businesses and entities of California send to the Federal Goverment in tax dollars?

Marek

Banned
The way reads is a bit jumbly, but I get the jist of it.
Unless we're climate scientists, we shouldn't even get into it.
Trump isn't your issue. I like adding stuff to my posts because it prevents double posting. It really isn't your business how I handle my posts. I am not going to stop doing it because it bugs you. Not sure what the goal is here. Do we move the goal posts to formatting now or continue talking about California?

Lol your argument against climate change is probably the stupidest of all your trumpfaggot bloviations

I wonder whatll happen if you read exxons internal.memos about climate change? Maybe your faggot head will explode. Please read them.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Fair point.

Who would you have rather won. Trump or Hillary?

Honestly, I was going to feel like shit the next morning no matter who won. I don't like that Trump got elected, but I also wouldn't have liked it if Hillary did. Easily the worst pair of candidates that any of us has ever seen. With Hillary, I guess I would have felt more safe with the status quo (however shitty that may be) but with Trump, while I am more nervous I also actually have a ray of hope that maybe he'll so *something*. Hillary wasn't going to do shit.

There is a petition going. Did you sign it?

Do you even fucking read my posts? What about what I said below would ever make you think that I would sign that anti-democratic bullshit?

My mom called me last night and was going on about the electoral college and how we need to get rid of it. I told her to go look at a map of the election results that has it broken down by county. Look at how many are red vs. blue. I don't like that Trump got elected, but for someone to win the vote in that many counties in the US and not win the election would be very wrong. That would be the exact thing that so many Trump supporters were already mad about. The popular vote is fine in a small country, but in the United states it is important that all areas of the country have a voice.

What really pisses me off about these people pushing shit like this, or marching in the streets talking about how Trump "isn't their president", is where the fuck were they before the election? Were they out canvassing? Were they working phone banks? Fuck no. They were playing Pokemon Go and posting pictures of their food on Instagram. If they actually gave a shit right now, instead of crying about it, they'd be figuring out how to best help get their kind of people into office in the midterm elections. But that's a lot harder than walking around with a sign for one night.

Marek

Banned
The protests are beyond stupid.

The only things worth taking to streets over in the recent times were the bank bailouts, the Iraq war, and intervening in Syria/Lybia. Of course that's just my opinion. But donald Trumps bitch ass isn't a reason.

Watching trumpfaggots getting ko'd at taco bells and traffic lights is pretty fucking hilarious though.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The protests are beyond stupid.

The only things worth taking to streets over in the recent times were the bank bailouts, the Iraq war, and intervening in Syria/Lybia. Of course that's just my opinion. But donald Trumps bitch ass isn't a reason.

Watching trumpfaggots getting ko'd at taco bells and traffic lights is pretty fucking hilarious though.

the right to protest is a guarantee for the citizens of the usa. exercising your right to protest is absolutely ok in my book. Keep it clean and non-violent. but we all know on both sides when there is a big protest, there will always be people that cross those lines.

Marek

Banned
the right to protest is a guarantee for the citizens of the usa. exercising your right to protest is absolutely ok in my book. Keep it clean and non-violent. but we all know on both sides when there is a big protest, there will always be people that cross those lines.

Well I'm certainly not saying they lack the right to protest. I just think it's a stupid fucking reason.

buru5

War Room Troll
California can't exit the US. They can't even provide water for all their citizens. They're pathetic.

Marek

Banned
Lol california.

Millions of dependent city people who will be lost and helpless when their precious public services are cut off.

Arizona is the only state that's more pathetic in my eyes. Bunch of old fucks demanding golf courses in the desert, who quite seriously die if their air conditioning fails for an afternoon.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
they should cross the line into the uncharted territory of a motherfucking JOB

most of the trump protests here in chicago have been after work hours.. you know.. because some people have to work and protest on their free time.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Arizona is the only state that's more pathetic in my eyes. Bunch of old fucks demanding golf courses in the desert, who quite seriously die if their air conditioning fails for an afternoon.
That's just Scottsdale. There's plenty of productive work happening too - we've got the photon farms!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lol california.

Millions of dependent city people who will be lost and helpless when their precious public services are cut off.

Outlaw energy trading markets.

So far, they are just a tool for abuse of government funds.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
As of FY2013, CA got $1.18 cents from the Feds for every $1 in Taxes they send the Feds.

https://mises.org/blog/which-states-rely-most-federal-spending

And how much do the residents, businesses and entities of California send to the Federal Goverment in tax dollars?

And, the Feds. are running a $544 Billion deficit.

So, CA tax dollars are not exactly funding the nation and every other State in the Union.

Now I know .18 cents back on the dollar doesn't seem like much, but in 2013 those intergovernmental transfers added up to just under 25% of all of CA's total revenues.

http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/which-states-rely-most-federal-aid-0

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
~30 million people voted for Hillary. ~3.7 million people signed the petition. And is there any way of even knowing how many of those sigs are fake?

If the electoral college does not do it's job and elect Trump, some serious shit is going to hit the fan in this country. These protests we're having now are nothing compared to what would happen.

Might be quite a bit of foreign "signatures", just like the online Brexit repeal petition had a bunch of Americans signing it :lolz:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Most interesting Prez' election for a while...

...would it be bad if I bulk ordered my popcorn now?

xROTx

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
~30 million people voted for Hillary. ~3.7 million people signed the petition. And is there any way of even knowing how many of those sigs are fake?

If the electoral college does not do it's job and elect Trump, some serious shit is going to hit the fan in this country. These protests we're having now are nothing compared to what would happen.

1000% .

i didn't vote trump. the idea of a trump presidency is kind of terrifying to me.

But he won the general election. He won under the system we have in place. the electoral college needs to do its job and vote where their respective states voted.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
So you're one of these assholes? I bet you were behind the shit where they made the plastic thinner on bottles of bottled water too, huh? I want to pull one of the banned bags over your face and then suffocate your ass like in that game 'Manhunt'.

This.

also:
triggered.gif

Last edited: