Candy stools with decent lumbar support?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Anyone have recommendations for a comfortable stool that works well with sit-down cabs and has any kind of lumbar/back support?

As much as I'd love to just get a set of Taito stools and be done with it, being old and tall means my back can't handle sitting on a stool for more than an hour without back pain.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Could always do what your mom does and play on your knees?

100proof

10 Year Member
you mean a chair?

giphy.gif

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
100 proof, I know you're a tall guy, have you tried the folding chairs? I've got a couple that have some foam on the seat and back and they actually fit under the cabs. I gave up trying to find comfortable stools. I've seen these but I'm not sure how well they would feel in the long run.

stool1_001.JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Go to the arcades in Japan, everyone's hunched over and it works until you actually want to get up and be an upright human.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Real candy cab players don't need no stinkin' seat, just lean waaaaay back like the NeoGeo "I remember when he couldn't keep his hands off me" guy.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I used padded folding chairs from Walmart. You can get 4 for roughly half the price of an official weeb stool. Much more comfortable too. The only downside is they dont increase e-penis size if you post a pic on Instagram.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
If you're tall like me, use an office chair for extended gameplay. The taito stools are comfy as shit, but if I'm jamming for awhile- office chair.

100proof

10 Year Member
I used padded folding chairs from Walmart. You can get 4 for roughly half the price of an official weeb stool. Much more comfortable too. The only downside is they dont increase e-penis size if you post a pic on Instagram.

100 proof, I know you're a tall guy, have you tried the folding chairs? I've got a couple that have some foam on the seat and back and they actually fit under the cabs. I gave up trying to find comfortable stools. I've seen these but I'm not sure how well they would feel in the long run.

Thanks gentlemen. I always just assumed folding chairs would be too high. I use an old office chair for playing alone but it takes up too much room for 2P.

Could always do what your mom does and play on your knees?

C'mon man. We both know she's too busy suckin' dick to play old games.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I use a shitty $5 folding chair that I got at Ikea. The height is fine for me. Will probably "upgrade" to a nicer chair when the cab moves out of the garage and into it's final resting place, but fuck stools.