Car Enthusiast Thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
We almost bought a freestyle.
I did not like the CVT or the interior, All the switches & knobs felt cheap to me.
For what they were asking I simply could not justify it.
We ended up getting a '06 Chevy Equinox.
Little smaller but much cheaper.
Meh, Guess it does not matter in the end really, Like you said She is going to be the one driving it most of the time.
I liked the HHR. :emb:

LordTakuban

Crazed MVS Addict
Kim _Kaphwan said:
new season started last week. it's crap so far. they have two new announcers who suck asshole.
That sucks. I suppose I'll still have to sick the Tivo on it though just in case they get good again.

candycab said:
Great car dude Those things are a blast to zip around in ,I like the TRD crank ,rods and cam that boost the HP to 170 for about 5K and dont void the warranty.
Thanks. Though I don't think the TRD parts that you speak of exist. I could be wrong, but I do know of just about every aftermarket part for the car. There aren't that many. Do you have links for those?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
so i watched the latest episode of fifth gear. and it was awful. i mean these new presenters just suck. where the hell was jason? why was tiff playing second fiddle? what's with the cafe? last season was the last good season in my book, unless they really step it up. too bad there's no top gear for a while. why did they interview al gore!? GAH!
:forw: :back: :hcf: :C:
haohken on that crap!

OMFG, you're right! Where is Jason!?

I told you it sucked! They are trying to innovate and they ruined the shower.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
New airstruts + lowering in an hour or so.

:buttrock:

Pics up on monday.
you need to make a video of this and show us it raising and lowering i wanna see this shit.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
LordTakuban said:
That sucks. I suppose I'll still have to sick the Tivo on it though just in case they get good again.

Thanks. Though I don't think the TRD parts that you speak of exist. I could be wrong, but I do know of just about every aftermarket part for the car. There aren't that many. Do you have links for those?

Check the TRD catalog ,I saw an article on it in Road & Track a few years back.

You may try looking for it in the R&T back issues ,there is a listing on their site.

I think they offered it as a package deal , R&T really loved the results and the price was just over 5K.. Not too bad considering what a blower or turbo setup would cost and of course the best part was its real hp and didnt void the warranty. It really wakes the car up from what they were saying :)

If I see it anywhere I will let you know.

Last edited:

TriShield

Host for Orochi
It's Official - The New Holden Commodore SS Will Be Sold as a Pontiac in North America

Commodore begins global tour

GMC2006071664055_PV.jpg

September 29, 2006

It's official: Holden’s Commodore is heading to America as General Motors forges ahead on a BMW-rivalling sedan. TOBY HAGON reports.

A Pontiac-badged Commodore will be unveiled at the Chicago motor show in 2007, signalling the start of the Commodore’s global tour.

Speaking at this week's Paris motor show, General Motors product guru Bob Lutz did more than hint that the Commodore would wear a Pontiac nose and badges before long.

“Come to the Chicago auto show and all we be revealed,” said a smiling Lutz, who earlier praised Holden and the new Commodore for being one of “the best vehicles GM has produced”.

Speculation has been rife about Commodores being built in other markets, but nothing has been confirmed to date.

However Lutz’s admission to drive.com.au confirms the rumours that the Commodore could be built in markets such as the United States to provide a large, rear-drive car to help revive General Motors’ ageing vehicles.

The Commodore’s architecture is also expected to spawn many more rear-drive cars within the General Motors world, starting with the born-again Chevrolet Camaro that was unveiled at the 2006 Detroit motor show in concept form.

The Pontiac “Commodore”, which is expected to wear a different name when it goes on sale in the States in 2007, is not the first time a Pontiac has been spawned from a Holden.

Three years ago Holden sent Monaros to the 'States with fresh noses and Pontiac GTO badges to revive one of the most famous nameplates in Pontiac’s history.

Like that car, the rebadged Commodore is expected to get some minor changes, including the classic Pontiac twin-nostril grille.

www.smh.com.au

Specs - RWD, fully independent suspension, 6.0L V8, 362hp, 391ft-lbs, six-speed automatic, six-speed manual. Smaller than a 300C/Charger, larger than a CTS.

vess01.jpg

vess02.jpg

vess03.jpg

vess04.jpg

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=4006

:cool:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Maybe it will be the new Grand Prix design.

I'm seeing talk here of Diesel powered trucks. As much as I hate driving trucks gotta hand it to a 2k3 Silverado Turbo Diesel I was driving all weekend. 6.6 liters of brute force, a really comfy ride to boot. It's nice because you can actually hear the turbo makes you think you're not in a tank of a vehicle.

Kim Bimmers rock The M6 to me is a gorgeous car.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
looks better than a bimmer.

Hahaha, such an insipid and boring design? You have to be kidding.

That car already looks cheap and mediocre.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Mushiki said:
Hahaha, such an insipid and boring design? You have to be kidding.

That car already looks cheap and mediocre.

It looks much more crisp and athletic than BMW's Bangled styling. And it won't be carrying BMW's sky-high pricing.

Clarkson will probably love this Holden just as much as the last one he drove on Top Gear.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
TriShield said:
It looks much more crisp and athletic than BMW's Bangled styling. And it won't be carrying BMW's sky-high pricing.

Athletic? Hahahaha

I bet you guys that boring looking car won't win any design awards.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Athletic? Hahahaha

I bet you guys that boring looking car won't win any design awards.
meh, design awards don't sell a car to anyone except douchebags.

and i sure hope pontiac gives it a pointier, more pontiac front end with split grille.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
Maybe it will be the new Grand Prix design.

I'm seeing talk here of Diesel powered trucks. As much as I hate driving trucks gotta hand it to a 2k3 Silverado Turbo Diesel I was driving all weekend. 6.6 liters of brute force, a really comfy ride to boot. It's nice because you can actually hear the turbo makes you think you're not in a tank of a vehicle.

Kim Bimmers rock The M6 to me is a gorgeous car.
man fuck that duramax shit, get a cummins nigga!

dodge diesel>the world.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
meh, design awards don't sell a car to anyone except douchebags.

High sales numbers don't translate to a car being good or looking good.

Design awards don't sell cars.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
High sales numbers don't translate to a car being good or looking good.

Design awards don't sell cars.
well i know that, hell look at the newwest ford thunderbird. didn't sell for shit, but they're damn awesome.

what i'm saying is that only jackasses buy cars based on awards. especially based on design awards. namely porsche boxter owners and M3 owners.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
what i'm saying is that only jackasses buy cars based on awards. especially based on design awards. namely porsche boxter owners and M3 owners.

:crying:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You know Mushiki, I normally agree with you when it comes to vehicles but I think you’ve missed the mark this time. I am a fan of all vehicles and love art and design but I strongly feel that the current BMW lineup is one of the worst they’ve had in years.

Of the 3, 5 and 7 series I personally feel they represent some of the most boring, over exaggerated designs they’ve produced in decades. From the “wing” headlights to the over exaggerated body lines and 10’ doors, most (especially the 5 series) are just plain ugly and lack that sleek lines normally associated with BMW.

Personally, I feel the new Commodore SS is a handsome vehicle and a step in the right direction for Pontiac. Possibly you’ve paid attention (or not) but Pontiac has been in the toilet for the past decade and a vehicle like this is exactly what they need.

You seem like a good guy but this time you’re coming across as an automobile bigot. “Oh, it’s American or comes from the sister company of an American company…well, it’s fucking ugly” *Hops in his Porsche and drives away*

Try to justify these ugly ass lines (award or not):
5_Series.jpg

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
New struts are in. I was too lazy to lower it. :emb:

I had an audience of about 50 Mexicans around when I vented the old bags. I know where they came from, but I was wondering why they were hanging out in my apartment's parking lot. My buddy yelled out "IMMIGRATION" to make them go away, they were getting to be annoying.

PS. I think the new styling of the BMW's is terrible.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Kim _Kaphwan said:
man fuck that duramax shit, get a cummins nigga!

dodge diesel>the world.

The Duramax is not that bad of an engine...

But I agree with you 100%, as I only buy the best...

INLINE 6

That is the blueprint of a diesel motor...