Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
I bet that fucker sounds mean...
so did you totally give up on honda? like i never understood it. at once point you loved honda then you got a cummins and forgot all about them. do you still own the hondas? do you still play around with them? do you still want an S2000? what ever happened to that?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
what is that? the new skyline? i hate test cars with all the black tape over everything. it's ghey.

That's right, it's the upcoming GT-R.

OrochiEddie said:
I do mean the g35. Car design is opinion, and I just don't like the g35 too much. Mostly because there is no hint of its predecessor in it. If they at least left the 4 circular tail lights I'd have said "alright fair enough" but not even that. I like the big bulky R34s personally, and I usually don't like boxy cars.

I agree.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Tonk is a fickle, fickle man.
yeah but who doesn't want an S2000? fastest stock NA 4 banger in the world.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Kim _Kaphwan said:
so did you totally give up on honda? like i never understood it. at once point you loved honda then you got a cummins and forgot all about them. do you still own the hondas? do you still play around with them? do you still want an S2000? what ever happened to that?

I do like them...

But I'm not into the whole "tuner" thing anymore...

I tried, got what I wanted and left it...

Sold both Hondas...

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
-- Corvette Z06 beats Porsche 911 Turbo around track

There's no questioning the fact that a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is one of the fastest sports cars in a straight line. But previous 'Vettes failed to keep up to their supercar competitors when track got twisty.

Countless road test have shown us the new Corvette is different, but some perceptions take a while to change. As more evidence of the Corvette's newfound handling prowess, the Z06 managed to beat the Porsche 911 Turbo around a challenging track in Sweden.

The tests were conducted by Swedish auto magazine Auto Motor & Sport, and the Z06 beat the 911 Turbo around the track by 2.6 seconds. The Z06 completed its run in 1:27.5, while the 911 took 1:30.1. At most corners, the Z06 was traveling at a higher speed than the 911, and pulled higher cornering Gs.

--- sorry, but this, I cannot believe...

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Mushiki said:
--- sorry, but this, I cannot believe...

Believe it, the ZO6 is a world class sports car.

The 2,800lb 650hp Corvette GM is working on is simply going to be out of this world.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
TriShield said:

I know it, I had one for a couple of weeks, but the 911 Turbo is the 911 TURBO.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I know it, I had one for a couple of weeks, but the 911 Turbo is the 911 TURBO.
this is the new 911 turbo that just came out? i knew the vette could take it but not by two seconds. i figured it'd be down to a couple tenths of a second not that big o a distance. wow.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
TriShield said:

The 2,800lb 650hp Corvette GM is working on is simply going to be out of this world.

2800lb? Isn't the current z06 like 3100 lbs or so? I seriously doubt they could do much weight reduction on it.

Matt

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
Ja, The MR2 is pretty cool for a Toyota. :emb:
Saw one in the paper (Fiero) & decided to do some research.
Looks to be A cool car but like you said, Prices are nuts.
But ya know, Buy the car, do A V8 swap & a GT40 kit.....
/me strokes beard
i have been wanting to get one and do a V8 swap for ages. especially the 496 horsepower supercharged northstar V8. GM made the fiero with a large enough bay so that most GM V8's can drop right in and be bolted on. i love the fiero's. now a GT40 body kit would be kinda umm well gay. but to keep the original body, just do some sculpting and fabbing and change up parts of it here and there to make it look like it just dispells the wind and look cool. then you'd have something awesome. i hate the kits people put on there, they looked cool without that shit.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i have been wanting to get one and do a V8 swap for ages. especially the 496 horsepower supercharged northstar V8. GM made the fiero with a large enough bay so that most GM V8's can drop right in and be bolted on. i love the fiero's. now a GT40 body kit would be kinda umm well gay. but to keep the original body, just do some sculpting and fabbing and change up parts of it here and there to make it look like it just dispells the wind and look cool. then you'd have something awesome. i hate the kits people put on there, they looked cool without that shit.

But it's the only way i'll ever afford a GT40... :crying:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah a GT40 made with GM parts. :shame:

LOL, Thats like my Father's 1931 Ford 5 window coupe powered by A 350 Small block.
I think the body kit can be cool if done right, But honestly I would never bother with such A thing, The money you spend on it is never worth what you get out of it.
I would build A kit car before I do a body swap.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
LOL, Thats like my Father's 1931 Ford 5 window coupe powered by A 350 Small block.
I think the body kit can be cool if done right, But honestly I would never bother with such A thing, The money you spend on it is never worth what you get out of it.
I would build A kit car before I do a body swap.
i had it figured out for a while back there. fiero's were cheaper and i figured $500 on a junked fiero. $2000 for a brand new, no miles 350 conversion kit from V8 archie. then barring buying any tools or other random expenses throw in a turbo 350 tranny for another $1000 bucks and you just built a monster for $3500. i don't know the cost of a 496 horsepower supercharged northstar, but it'd be a much more powerful fiero than a 350 powered one and the northstar would reduce the weight of the car by a little bit too as it's all aluminum. i'd love to do the fiero project someday, but once the price in fiero's goes down again and i have some more cash on hand.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i had it figured out for a while back there. fiero's were cheaper and i figured $500 on a junked fiero. $2000 for a brand new, no miles 350 conversion kit from V8 archie. then barring buying any tools or other random expenses throw in a turbo 350 tranny for another $1000 bucks and you just built a monster for $3500. i don't know the cost of a 496 horsepower supercharged northstar, but it'd be a much more powerful fiero than a 350 powered one and the northstar would reduce the weight of the car by a little bit too as it's all aluminum. i'd love to do the fiero project someday, but once the price in fiero's goes down again and i have some more cash on hand.

I don't think you could get a TH350 in there, It's a Transversely mounted engine.
I think the archie kit just has an adaptor to use with the existing tranny.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
I don't think you could get a TH350 in there, It's a Transversely mounted engine.
I think the archie kit just has an adaptor to use with the existing tranny.

It may have room for a 4L60E, but I don't think it's included. Besides, the TH350 is a three speed and for RWD. :angry:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
It may have room for a 4L60E, but I don't think it's included. Besides, the TH350 is a three speed and for RWD. :angry:
for drag racing it's less :angry: and more :mr_t: simply because when geared right it throws you through all the speeds nice and easy. though yeah it would be bad for a transverse engine.

speaking of the 4L60E. what's the difference between that and the 700R4?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
for drag racing it's less :angry: and more :mr_t: simply because when geared right it throws you through all the speeds nice and easy. though yeah it would be bad for a transverse engine.

speaking of the 4L60E. what's the difference between that and the 700R4?

The 4L60E is an electronically controlled version of the 700R4.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
The 4L60E is an electronically controlled version of the 700R4.

isnt the 4L60E an electronically controlled version of the 4L60? ;)