Castlevania Resurrection Dreamcast E 3 Pre Demo Pack

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
WHOA!

Thanks, trying it right now as we speak.

edit: Looks great! I mean for a Dreamcast title it has that clean polygonal look I've come to expect from the system. The textures ain't half-bad either. That's about all I can say being that it's unfinished. The combat is horrible and the camera is meh, but I feel those could have been improved upon before release. I fell through the floor and the game froze on me, but I'm not sure I should have expected anything else. There's not much game here to play.

Press abxy + start to select other levels

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Believable halfway evolutionary step between 64 and Lament of Innocence (I wonder if the PS2 game engine was based on this build?) I liked the Medusa enemy/boss, but, the game doesn't look too exciting to me. Castlevania works best in 2D in my opinion.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Believable halfway evolutionary step between 64 and Lament of Innocence (I wonder if the PS2 game engine was based on this build?) I liked the Medusa enemy/boss, but, the game doesn't look too exciting to me. Castlevania works best in 2D in my opinion.
Compared to the PS2 stuff I'd say this seems relatively legit. Even at this early stage it def shows some solid promise. Would have loved to have seen it completed.

But I love Legacy of Darkness on the 64 so I am biased...because I don't hate 3D Castlevania (well I do hate the new 3D stuff on modern consoles)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The vaporware on DC I most wanted to see finished and released was Chakan, but, another Castlevania game is almost always a good thing and I would've bought it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I am looking forward to giving this a go - I actually loved the PS2 games.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I haven't liked a 3D Castlevania yet and this doesn't look that great. Cool that it surfaced, though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I haven't liked a 3D Castlevania yet and this doesn't look that great. Cool that it surfaced, though.

yeah, it's not going to make a believer out of anyone, but it looked like it could have shaped up to be a decent game. I like that it was released because it was one of those mythical things people would always talk about, "hey did you know Konami was developing a Castlevania game for the Dreamcast before Sega pulled the plug?"

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was obsessed with this when I was 12. And now, 20+ years later I don't even care anymore. Weird how life works that way.

Coming off Castlevania 64 this was destined for failure.

edit: but cool to hear this news all the time after, thanks for sharing

Last edited: