child of eden (i.e. rez 2) trailer

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Honestly what pisses me off is this game doesnt have stereospopic 3d. Like motion controls plus 3d would truly make this experince totally emersive.

It was asked in an interview if the PS3 port would have 3D. He said they were looking into it.

But really, what percentage of people own a 3D set? Pretty small I'd imagine.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It was asked in an interview if the PS3 port would have 3D. He said they were looking into it.

I have one. Now ask me how many times I've turned the 3D option on...

Clessy

Banned

Takes little to no effort to support it. And I own a 3d set obviously or I wouldnt want it. People who say 3dtvs are to expensive dont know how to shop. Samsung 3d plasma very nice tv for $700 new.

There isnt enough 3d content coming out quickly. Only thing I've played in 3d is killzone 3 and kill zone sucks. However watching tron in 3d was better at home than imax because 3d tvs are just that great. You couldnt even tell the shit was in 3d at imax but man did it pop at home.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Takes little to no effort to support it. And I own a 3d set obviously or I wouldnt want it. People who say 3dtvs are to expensive dont know how to shop. Samsung 3d plasma very nice tv for $700 new.

There isnt enough 3d content coming out quickly. Only thing I've played in 3d is killzone 3 and kill zone sucks. However watching tron in 3d was better at home than imax because 3d tvs are just that great. You couldnt even tell the shit was in 3d at imax but man did it pop at home.

When you have to go out of your way as a film maker to add things that will fly at the screen to even make the 3D relevant, it's not needed to begin with. It's a horrible gimmick that should have stayed dead.

Clessy

Banned
When you have to go out of your way as a film maker to add things that will fly at the screen to even make the 3D relevant, it's not needed to begin with. It's a horrible gimmick that should have stayed dead.
Your point has nothing at all to do with anything I said. Whens the last time you watched a 3d movie? Shit doesnt have to be tacky and pop at the screen. Its field of depth that adds emersion.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
So what's up with the PS3 version?

Gamestop no longer has it listed and Amazon says it comes out September 1st.

I thought they were both supposed to come out the same day.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Ashley, from Gamestop, was kind enough to let me know that...Child..of...Eden, will be in Tuesday morning. lol, I'm pumped. I can't remember the last rail shooter I played, so I'm ready for fresh dip into the genre.

Magician

20 Year Member
TODAY!

My mind and body are ready.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just picked this up today as well. Too bad I'm going to be patient and wait until tomorrow to play it, as my fiance is in Virginia until then.

I forgot all about this game until seeing this thread earlier this week. Read a review the other day, and seems like it should be a good time. $50 price tag helps too (along w/ the $50 gift certificate I used to buy it).

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Sucks that the PS3 version is released slightly later than 360. I am not buying Kinect so I will have to wait I guess. :crying:

Its supposed to be over in 2-3 hours, but so was Rez and that had a stack of replayability and remains a solid favorite of mine. Looking forward to it!!

Magician

20 Year Member
Its supposed to be over in 2-3 hours, but so was Rez and that had a stack of replayability and remains a solid favorite of mine. Looking forward to it!!

That seems to be the only negative I've read about Child of Eden so far. "So awesome, yet so short." Which is fine by me. The last thing I want are my shmups to be RPG-esq in length.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member

Rez is closer to 70-80 minutes if you don't fail any of the levels and get 100% analyzation first time through.

subcons

So... did anyone order this from Amazon? I preordered over a month ago with them and I didn't recieve any sort of confirmation that it had shipped. Just checked and they're listing a ship date some time next week.

Not that I really care as I'm busy and still haven't finished Noire or Bangai-O, just curious why they're shipping a week later.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
So... did anyone order this from Amazon? I preordered over a month ago with them and I didn't recieve any sort of confirmation that it had shipped. Just checked and they're listing a ship date some time next week.

Not that I really care as I'm busy and still haven't finished Noire or Bangai-O, just curious why they're shipping a week later.

I preordered it a couple months ago on Amazon. Originally I had prime 2-day shipping, but they added a release date delivery option a few weeks ago and I had to manually switch my order to that option. I did receive it today.

I can't wait to play this after work!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I am not buying Kinect so I will have to wait I guess. :crying:

I don't have a Kinect, and really have no intention on getting one anytime soon. Game works with or without the kinect. No need to wait!

subcons

I preordered it a couple months ago on Amazon. Originally I had prime 2-day shipping, but they added a release date delivery option a few weeks ago and I had to manually switch my order to that option. I did receive it today.

Strange. I'd imagine if you got release date delivery, it was sent by Amazon. That's what my pre-order is listed as as well, but I remember there wasn't that shipping option when I placed mine. I usually opt for it, especially when it's only $1, but that's for higher profile games. I got free shipping, but even with that, Amazon usually gets it to me a day or two from release.

Now if you look on the Amazon product page, orders are being filled by Target. Oh well, maybe I'll at least see it by the weekend.

Magician

20 Year Member
Just finished the first stage. One word perfectly describes my first impression. "Magical" The vibe, the audio, the control, the art...pure...bliss. By the halfway point of the first stage my heart was racing.

I'm going in for more.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
This game is fantastic! Ditto on Magicians above comments. It definitely is Rez2, I think the Kinect is a gimmick, plays great with the controller.

Magician

20 Year Member
I made it all the way to the fourth stage boss. Unfortunately I died with the boss having a sliver of life left. :( My best score so far is stage one with 91% purified, 100% items and a score just over 400k. I look forward to beating the fourth boss after work today.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
The fourth archive (aka stage) is my favorite, but they are all great. Archive four and five both took me a couple tries. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't play for score and go for 100% purification/items at the same time. Playing for score I can't get everything.

My best score is just under a million for archive one. I was third on the leaderboards when I got it last night, but that won't last very long given how new the game is. I was literally so pumped up from doing well and not losing my 8x multiplier, that after finishing the level I had to stop for the night because I thought my heart might explode. It's a testament to this game's greatness how it can be insanely intense, or somewhat relaxed depending on how you play it.

I am in love with this game; it is truly beautiful. I made sure I had zero exposure to this game before it came out, I wanted to keep everything a secret so it would have a greater impact playing through it. It's very similar to Rez at it's core, but at the same time there are many differences. It's about the exact length Rez is, but it has unlockables clearly presented that might entice more people to put more time into it. It also has a hard mode that will be interesting to try once I have gotten 100% on more of the archives.

I played for about four hours last night, and hope I have time to do the same this evening. I want to try the direct assault equivalent this game has tonight. (I think it's called the Hope Archive)

Also, I suggest turning off your lights, and wearing headphones when you play this. I started doing this with Rez and find it difficult to play any other way now. It's also a good idea to turn off the 360's pop-up notifications to not taint the mood of the game.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I finally finished normal difficulty last night.

What a nice, warm ending.

Already finished stage one on hard difficulty too.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I finally finished normal difficulty last night.

What a nice, warm ending.

Already finished stage one on hard difficulty too.

well how does it stack up against rez? the music sync well with the shots?
this game has to have some low production values. 2 gamestops b me says they only got 1 each.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I'm not buying a $50 game that only lasts for a couple of hours. Waiting on the inevetable price drop.