child of eden (i.e. rez 2) trailer

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'm not buying a $50 game that only lasts for a couple of hours. Waiting on the inevetable price drop.

You're a fucking idiot.

I'd have gladly bought this at full price if it had come out on PS3 at the same time.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
frys and toyrus has it for $40 . i really need to see how it is with a regular pad

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
You're a fucking idiot.

I'd have gladly bought this at full price if it had come out on PS3 at the same time.
I'm sorry that I'm not made of money and I have to pick and choose my games, and I value more content over everything else.

BC_Gambit

Beni,
I'm sorry that I'm not made of money and I have to pick and choose my games, and I value more content over everything else.

You value quantity over quality?

Wow. I knew there had to be at least one gamer out there who would play a game where you just push a stick forwards forever.

I will build this game for you, charge you about a grand, and it will be the last game you ever have to buy!

A winner is you buddy!

I value quality over quantity. As I do not have infinite gaming time, the time I do spend gaming better be spent doing something awesome.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
well how does it stack up against rez? the music sync well with the shots?
this game has to have some low production values. 2 gamestops b me says they only got 1 each.

It's easy for me to say it's just as good as Rez. On one hand it has the benefit of using the tech of the current consoles; it's beautiful, it sounds great and it's awesome to play. On the other hand it is essentially Rez 2, so if you're not a fan of rail shooters or you've had your fill with Rez HD a couple years ago...I would understand if you passed on Child of Eden.

As for syncing shots in time with the music, I've never been good at score attack in shmups, I haven't developed that sense of timing to score high in Child of Eden. Will I ever score high in Child of Eden, probably not. But the experience has been worth the $50 I paid, and there're unlockables that will bring me back again and again. Although there are games coming out later this year that will undoubtedly knock Child of Eden down my "best of 2011" list, Child of Eden stands as the best new game I've played this year.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
lol are you guys not being a little harsh? am I the only one who has skipped out on great single player games untill they drop in price? For example I waited to find vanquish for the right price while I bought socom4 week one, vanquish is probably my favorite game on ps3 and socom4 is just the multi-player flavor of the moment for me and a few friends, yeah at my budget sometimes you do take quantity over quality.'

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
You value quantity over quality?

Wow. I knew there had to be at least one gamer out there who would play a game where you just push a stick forwards forever.

I will build this game for you, charge you about a grand, and it will be the last game you ever have to buy!

A winner is you buddy!

I value quality over quantity. As I do not have infinite gaming time, the time I do spend gaming better be spent doing something awesome.

Um, what? I just think the value aspect of the game is very off for me. Excuse me for not liking what the crowd likes because I think it's too expensive!

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Um, what? I just think the value aspect of the game is very off for me. Excuse me for not liking what the crowd likes because I think it's too expensive!

You can like what you want. Spending $90 on DNF? I honestly hope you enjoy(ed) it.

I was merely reacting to the "I value quantity over quality" statement you made, which should be embarrassing when you stop to think about it.

By that logic, you would jazzed about the statement below:
How about I sell you the location of millions of ET cartridges? There's a lot of them, and each one will probably take you a lifetime to beat :).

With that much quantity, how could you go wrong? :mr_t:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Finally received my copy of this yesterday. I only spent an hour or two with it and played through the first three archives. It's really good, but I'm not digging it as much as Rez. I love the art direction in CoE, but I liked Rez's aesthetic more. I also liked the music a bit more in Rez. Mind you, I don't listen the type of music that's in either game's soundtrack outside of playing the games as it just doesn't suit my personal taste, but Rez feels more epic and visceral when playing it compared to CoE.

But I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, so my opinion may change with more time spent playing. I definitely don't regret buying it at any rate. It'll certainly stay on my shelf for a long time.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just a heads up. The 360 version is Amazon's Deal of The Day. Right now you can snag it for 34.99, after taxes it still came out a little under 40 bucks so I look forward to playing it next week.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Just a heads up. The 360 version is Amazon's Deal of The Day. Right now you can snag it for 34.99, after taxes it still came out a little under 40 bucks so I look forward to playing it next week.
I pounced on that deal, no taxes, free shipping, so I'm good.

Then I learned that Gamestop.com was lowering their price of the game to $30. FML.

Eh, close enough, I'll get my copy next week and see what happens.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sorry for bump but I got that new sony wireless stereo headset for christmas (previously just using TV audio) so I finally wanted to take the plunge into this game.

holy shit! only played the first level but god damn, this is worthy of REZ and so damn cool that I had to actually stop playing as I want to savoir the experience and not just blow through it in one night. like REZ I fully expect to return to this game at least once every 6 months to experience it again.

This game slapped me back down to the reality that the value of a video game is not the amount of hours you can get out of it. If you have a nice home theater or just some nice headphones.... get this shit right away, This game makes me wanna try LSD.....

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yeah, Child of Eden is still one of my top ten favorite games of 2011. It's such a wonderful audio/visual experience that folks should give it a go atleast once. The problem is that it's a short game. You can blow through it in a few hours.

That said, CoE is the first game in a long time that I've finished and haven't traded in immediately.

I know I'll return to it again.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
has anyone tried this on a 3d tv? this would be the one game I own that I imagine would be amazing with a 3d tv! also does anyone play with motion controls? does it enhance the experience at all?

One thing this one does have over REZ is it does feel a bit more like a video game due to having to defend yourself with the rapid shot and use the rapid shot on some enemies to weaken them or whatever. You definitely have some more challenge elements going on this time which is nice as it certainly doesn't sacrifice the whole trippy experience for it.

I hate DLC, but I am going to be heart broken when I finally finish this game and know that there are no more amazing experiences ahead of me, if only this game would get some DLC.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Child of Eden is sex for the eyes and ears!

One of my favorite games I've played this year.