child of eden (i.e. rez 2) trailer

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Cool trailer, but that says nothing about the game itself.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Well, dang. Seems like everyone is hell-bent on destroying great games with presumably crappy motion controls...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Motion? This is bullshit.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
this looks like it could provide a really visceral experience.

the motions are simple and abstracted yet engrossing. swipe across to get targets and thrust forward to shoot.

put that shit on a huge projector and stand as close as possible and just get lost in it.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I think it looks kind of cool. One step closer to running the Matrix in VR..

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
this looks like it could provide a really visceral experience.

the motions are simple and abstracted yet engrossing. swipe across to get targets and thrust forward to shoot.

put that shit on a huge projector and stand as close as possible and just get lost in it.

Yeah, but you have to spend about $100 on Move or $150 on Kinect to play it...:angry:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I'm pretty enthused. Going to wait until it's been out a while and the reviews are in but there's a lot of potential here.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
My disappointment with this stems mainly from just what I saw in the trailer.
There was barely a semblance to Rez if this really is a follow-up, and I've played the shit out of every version of Rez. I mean, I think this team has a better chance than most to actually utilize motion controls in a way that will be exciting and precise, but I'm withholding my judgment until something more definitive is seen. That trailer was just pretty meh.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Looks cool. Pretty stupid to call it Rez 2, the team had enough sense to not name it that and you should too. Just setting yourself up for disappointment if that's what you're expecting.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
The motions he was making and what happened on screen showed too much variance. Can nobody make motion controls that aren't loose as hell?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Looked boring.

Do not want.

Will not pay.

But I'll play a friend's.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The game will support traditional controllers as well.

The video looked ok. But I thought Rez kinda sucked from a gameplay standpoint (mainly the scoring system), so unless this is a major improvement in that area, I think I'll pass.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.

The video looked ok. But I thought Rez kinda sucked from a gameplay standpoint (mainly the scoring system), so unless this is a major improvement in that area, I think I'll pass.

Yeah, high scores I've seen done in videos tend to involve playing the game in the most boring way possible.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
whatever guys.
it looks cool.
and i doubt the trailer is representative of how you play it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue

If this is true, I'll buy this the very second it comes out. I'm a huge Rez fanboy (it's one of my top 10 favourite games of all time, bar none), and I've enjoyed pretty much every Mizuguchi game I've played in the last few years.

If it's motion only, though.... I think I'd pass, and that'll eat me up inside. Literally one of the only things that would get me interested in Kinect (ugh) is something like this. But $150 is too much for a gimmicky toy that serves no purpose I care about beyond this one game. So here's hoping there are traditional controls too. It's not like it'd be hard to include that option.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Looks cool. Pretty stupid to call it Rez 2, the team had enough sense to not name it that and you should too. Just setting yourself up for disappointment if that's what you're expecting.

Did you see the same demo I did? The game looks like it is a near-exact copy of Rez. Sure, they threw more stuff on the screen now to swat away with your hand, but... It's Rez. It also is named after Eden, the original project name for Rez... So, let's not pretend for one second that Ubisoft isn't billing this as anything but Rez 2.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Too much bitching in this thread. The live demo they did at the Ubisoft conference looked really really good. I think motion controls might actually add a lot to a game like this.

edit: Just read the pres conference, it specifically says it still supports classic controllers too.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Why is everyone complaining about it being Rez 2? Rez is fucking amazing!

Everyone wants a Rez sequel but what the fools don't realize is that it'll never be able to live up to its predecessor. It's something people want to happen, but deep down they know it's better for mankind if Rez remained as it is.

I wish he would do something as fresh and amazing as Rez, but not make a sequel to it.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i wish my european dreamcast rez disc didnt self destruct.